[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Originally Posted by DubA169

I thought it was a hat symbolizing kobe is coming for #6 to tie MJ

woops hahaa

Oh wow, I guess it would look that way.  Didn't even think about that one. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

But yeah, the hat is supposed to symbolize "16" 

Originally Posted by DubA169

I thought it was a hat symbolizing kobe is coming for #6 to tie MJ

woops hahaa

Oh wow, I guess it would look that way.  Didn't even think about that one. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

But yeah, the hat is supposed to symbolize "16" 

I see where Dub was comin from though. 

And chances are, if 6 does happen, there will be folks claimin that hat is a 6 meant for him. 
30t6p3b.gif

We pull off #17, I want a custom Bynum with 17 in the front, and a trophy on the back in place of the 17.  I'd wear that @#$% everyday like superman/Clark Kent or something. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I see where Dub was comin from though. 

And chances are, if 6 does happen, there will be folks claimin that hat is a 6 meant for him. 
30t6p3b.gif

We pull off #17, I want a custom Bynum with 17 in the front, and a trophy on the back in place of the 17.  I'd wear that @#$% everyday like superman/Clark Kent or something. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

lol weak come backs.. i really expected more. homers gotta step up
Someone should snipe you out of this thread just like they did to your avy
lmao that's hilarious.

but 4real every time i see dude post its always some kind of hate instilled in it. why so negative? what a waste.

lmao that's hilarious.

but 4real every time i see dude post its always some kind of hate instilled in it. why so negative? what a waste.

lmao that's hilarious.

lmao that's hilarious.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

$10 to steep smh?

laugh.gif
10 bucks is fine, you lost me at paypal. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

My dumb @#$ don't have paypal, nor do I want one.  You could call it luck I even know what the internet is. 

Originally Posted by bright nikes

$10 to steep smh?

laugh.gif
10 bucks is fine, you lost me at paypal. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

My dumb @#$ don't have paypal, nor do I want one.  You could call it luck I even know what the internet is. 

Nice to see Kobe not force shots in the second half and play creator-distributor role.

Nice to see Kobe not force shots in the second half and play creator-distributor role.

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Magic Johnson sells Lakers shares[/h2]

ESPN.com news services

Magic Johnson has sold his shares in the Los Angeles Lakers, the team announced on Monday.

Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong, a Lakers season-ticket holder for 25 years, bought Johnson's stake in the team for an undisclosed sum.

"I am truly humbled to have been a Lakers player for 13 years and an owner for over 10 years," Johnson said in a statement. "I thank Dr. [Jerry] Buss from the deepest part of my heart and soul for allowing me such an incredible opportunity. I will continue to work alongside Dr. Buss, Jeanie Buss and [general manager] Mitch Kupchak in their efforts to continually build and maintain the best NBA franchise in the league. This was a bittersweet business decision made on behalf of my family and myself, and I want to assure all the wonderful and loyal Lakers fans that my decision will in no way affect my dedication and support for the Los Angeles Lakers. I am and will always be a Laker for life."

[h4]More on the Lakers[/h4]
lal.gif

For more news, notes and analysis of the Lakers, check out the Land O' Lakers blog from the Kamenetzky Brothers. Blog

Soon-Shiong has played a primary role in cutting-edge treatments for a wide variety of cancers. He is chairman of the Chan Soon-Shiong Family Foundation, chairman and CEO of All About Advanced Health and founder of the National Coalition for Health Integration. He is also the executive director of the UCLA Wireless Health Institute and professor of Microbiology, Immunology, Molecular Genetics and Bioengineering at UCLA.

"Earvin Johnson is a shining example of excellence on and off the court, and it is a privilege to have acquired his ownership position," Soon-Shiong said in a statement.

Johnson, 51, was the first overall pick of the Lakers in 1979 and led the team to five championships in his 13-year career. He revealed in 1991 that he is HIV positive and promptly retired, but Johnson returned for the 1992 All-Star Game. He then retired again after player protests over contracting the disease. In 1996, he came back for 32 games with the Lakers before retiring for good.

Johnson, who finished with career averages of 19.5 points and 11.2 assists per game, was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2002.

"The sale of Earvin's share of the team is a business decision which will not change our relationship," Buss, the Lakers' majority owner, said in a statement. "Our friendship goes well beyond business. Patrick is a longtime and passionate Lakers fan and we are delighted to have him as a partner."

Johnson previously has said he is interested in owning a larger chunk of another NBA team, which would require him to sell his stake in the Lakers. Johnson bought his shares of the Lakers in the mid-1990s.

Johnson's decision to sell his stake in the team, which is slightly less than five percent of the tem, immediately raised speculation that he was pursuing a larger ownership stake, perhaps even a majority stake, elsewhere.

But his longtime agent Lon Rosen told ESPNLosAngeles.com that Johnson's decision to sell his stake Monday was not immediately connected to any other moves.

"Earvin is still going to be very connected with the Lakers," Rosen said. "This really was just a smart business decision. "

Johnson has been a successful businessman since his retirement. The Michigan native expressed interest last month in being part of a group buying the Detroit Pistons.

Back
Top Bottom