Official: Lakers @ Blazers 3/9 7PM PST Game On KCAL 9

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by Exile On Ivy St

It wasn't intentional and he was definitely going for the ball, but it was also a club to the head that didn't really come close to even touching the ball, that's why they called the flagrant. Intentional or not it's not uncommon to see a player penalized in that fashion when it's a strike to the head. Ariza also didn't help himself when he immediately paid zero attention to the player on the ground and started walking away like he's some g. What was that for? (and since when was this guy a certified G in the eyes of everyone on here anyway? I forgot how rough and rugged Ariza plays on the court, my bad. Charles Oakley v.2 right there. As it stands Roy's only an inch shorter and a lot stronger so I'm not sure why it'd be a clear cut decision like everyone's saying it would be)

After the game Roy said that he heard it didn't look quite as bad on video as it did in person, but that the main reason he went after Ariza was Ariza's immediate reaction to what he knew was a hard foul. I know for damn sure that if any Blazer ever fouled someone that hard and saw the player crumble to the ground he'd never react the way Ariza did. Not a good look for the Lakeshow, especially considering how reputably soft that entire team is, to have at least 3 players on that squad that you know would be mean muggin given the same circumstances.

I still have no idea how Laker fans can even like Odom. Pound for pound the SOFTEST player you'll ever see on an NBA court but yet he's by far the biggest instigator and s*** talker. How is that acceptable? He always has the same act, too, where he knows he can get in someone's face just enough to the point where he knows it'll get separated because he knows that if he ever even tried to lay a hand on [insert NBA player here] he'd get bodied, hard. A (|) to the fullest extent.
Good post.
I'm a LO fan but what you said is pretty accurate. Same act every time.
Also agree about Ariza. Don't know where this thuggin came from but I'll tell you he wasn't really like that in NY. So he needs to check himself. I'm not knocking him for the foul. But his actions immediately afterwards were uncalled for.

Finally, that whole jumping off one foot argument is ******ed. Who the $+@% jumps off of 2 feet on a fast break? I can't believe dudes in here are trying to spin this to being Rudy's fault.
indifferent.gif

I just watched most of the highlights from last night's games and the only person who jumped off 1 foot on a break was Chris Paul's non-elevating $*#.
laugh.gif

And Pau should have turned heel and ran over and snuffed Trevor.
happy.gif
After I watched it I feel the same way.
The foul wasn't bad (and definitely not like what Mike Rice described it as
laugh.gif
), and it was just unfortunate how Rudy fell down like that and it's not all his fault, but Trevor didn't seem to show much concern forRudy at all...it was like he was "glad" he hurt him, at least initially. I'm sure he didn't feel that way (or I hope he didn't) but thatwas what I sorta got an image of when it happened at first.

Just look right after he fouled him, that expression was uncalled for and if I saw that and I were on the Blazers I might question if he did it on purposebased off of that. I don't think Trevor did, but with the expression/mannerism he showed you would think he might have been happy that Rudy got hurt.

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

Originally Posted by calibeebee

b68447cd-7b36-4a62-ac3f-84239a509e82.jpg

tired.gif
All that for a bruise.

laugh.gif
at the soft tissue thing. Glad you're OK Rudy but you're soft
clearly, the medical staff and the team were just being cautious and if you watch the replay in slow motion he clearly fell awkwardly with hisright hip getting the majority of the impact, a freak accident doesn't make a player soft imo and its not even funny, nobody would want to wish thatanother player gets injured from another team

Originally Posted by jepeh21

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

Originally Posted by calibeebee

b68447cd-7b36-4a62-ac3f-84239a509e82.jpg

tired.gif
All that for a bruise.

laugh.gif
at the soft tissue thing. Glad you're OK Rudy but you're soft
clearly, the medical staff and the team were just being cautious and if you watch the replay in slow motion he clearly fell awkwardly with his right hip getting the majority of the impact, a freak accident doesn't make a player soft imo and its not even funny, nobody would want to wish that another player gets injured from another team
I know I was just making a bad joke. But seriously reason I did was I thought back to Crash, collapsed lung/broken ribs and all.. dude walked offthe court.

This dude Rudy on the other hand.. suffered a BRUISE. Stayed down like his career was on life-support
roll.gif

Originally Posted by jepeh21

pain is subjective that's all i got to say about that
No debate here, I was simply commenting on the hilarious contrast between how the two dealt with their bruises, busted ribs and collapsed lungs abit differently.

Ok, here it is. Ariza went for the ball. I admit and know he was, but you still can't go through a players head to get to the ball. I am not saying it wasintentional, but it was unnecessary. Now, I do feel Rudy flopped a bit on it causing him to fall a lot harder than he should have. I do find it funny thatJordan was the only one to go see if Rudy was alright. The Blazers had his back and went after Ariza, thats fine any team would do the same. To call Roy aheadcase or what ever some of you are calling him is wack and beyond delusional. It was a heat of the moment thing that has happened countless times in theNBA. Ron Artest in Detroit was wack, Roy was defending a teammate. Let this rest and get on with the season.

Back
Top Bottom