Official: Lakers @ Blazers 3/9 7PM PST Game On KCAL 9

So it was Rudy Fernandez' fault he got fouled so hard? Ahahahahahaha. Whoever first mentioned that needs to desperately get some common sense.

just let the blazer fans enjoy the win ...its deserved for at least tonite...lol these ppl bringing up 2000 and before...past is the past

and everyone already knows blazers cant win in LA and lakers never win in portland

That was def a play on the ball by Ariza...it's too bad what happened to Fernandez, but that was due to the way he landed, not Trevor hitting him...hopethis doesn't result in suspension

rck2sactown- i am very familiar with the game of basketball
anyone would know that in a blowout, most likely the other team is frustrated so you never know how they will react to something (for example: knicks-nuggetsbrawl) ariza might have gone for the block cuz he was frutrated or just because he didnt want to give up the easy dunk
a player just shouldnt take the chance to get hurt with another player right behind him by jumping off of one foot
it wasnt anyones fault that rudy got hurt because ariza clearly went for the ball and got part of rudy's head in the process but rudy could have preventedhis injury by just going up with two feet and getting the foul instead of jumping off of one foot and getting hurt
i dont think rudy would have jumped off of one foot had lebron been in back of him so i dont understand why he would risk his body and try it against anotherplayer, especialy when both players are running at high speeds

I hope Rudy is fine.. it was the way he landed.. only blind people will say that ariza didnt go for the ball..

anyone would know that in a blowout, most likely the other team is frustrated so you never know how they will react to something (for example: knicks-nuggetsbrawl) ariza might have gone for the block cuz he was frutrated or just because he didnt want to give up the easy dunk
a player just shouldnt take the chance to get hurt with another player right behind him by jumping off of one foot
it wasnt anyones fault that rudy got hurt because ariza clearly went for the ball and got part of rudy's head in the process but rudy could have preventedhis injury by just going up with two feet and getting the foul instead of jumping off of one foot and getting hurt
i dont think rudy would have jumped off of one foot had lebron been in back of him so i dont understand why he would risk his body and try it against anotherplayer, especialy when both players are running at high speeds

It wasn't intentional and he was definitely going for the ball, but it was also a club to the head that didn't really come close to even touching theball, that's why they called the flagrant. Intentional or not it's not uncommon to see a player penalized in that fashion when it's a strike to thehead. Ariza also didn't help himself when he immediately paid zero attention to the player on the ground and started walking away like he's some g.What was that for? (and since when was this guy a certified G in the eyes of everyone on here anyway? I forgot how rough and rugged Ariza plays on the court,my bad. Charles Oakley v.2 right there. As it stands Roy's only an inch shorter and a lot stronger so I'm not sure why it'd be a clear cut decisionlike everyone's saying it would be)

After the game Roy said that he heard it didn't look quite as bad on video as it did in person, but that the main reason he went after Ariza wasAriza's immediate reaction to what he knew was a hard foul. I know for damn sure that if any Blazer ever fouled someone that hard and saw the playercrumble to the ground he'd never react the way Ariza did. Not a good look for the Lakeshow, especially considering how reputably soft that entire team is,to have at least 3 players on that squad that you know would be mean muggin given the same circumstances.

I still have no idea how Laker fans can even like Odom. Pound for pound the SOFTEST player you'll ever see on an NBA court but yet he's by far thebiggest instigator and s*** talker. How is that acceptable? He always has the same act, too, where he knows he can get in someone's face just enough to thepoint where he knows it'll get separated because he knows that if he ever even tried to lay a hand on [insert NBA player here] he'd get bodied, hard. A(|) to the fullest extent.

Originally Posted by enrique23

if rudy jumps off with 2 feet, none of this happens
did he expect to get a wide open dunk? he should've been smart and realized that he would have gotten fouled, so why jump off of 1 foot trying to impress the crowd with a player right behind you?
that was not a flagrant 2
1. It was an unnecessary hard foul...especially being down by 30.
2. You wouldn't be too happy either if you got fouled like that. 2 feet or not.

Originally Posted by jepeh21

Originally Posted by tmoney85

did he expect to get a wide open dunk? he should've been smart and realized that he would have gotten fouled, so why jump off of 1 foot trying to impress the crowd with a player right behind you?
also, afterwards why did it seem like the blazers players were walking up to laker players and trying to act hard by just barking at them. if you watch the replay you can see outlaw go up to powell, for no reason and bump chests with him and start talking. seriously, if you are gonna go up to someone like that, hit him or dont go up at all. it was so dumb. and its ONE game, seriously, this was the highlight of the blazers young lives... for the lakeshow, it was just another game against a team they dont have to sweat. (brushes Ariza's shoulder off from hundreds of miles away.)

ps, im in seattle right now till the end of march, and for you northwesterers, you guys are the most ODD, eccentric, strangest people i have ever met... i need to get back to socal and get some damn sunshine before i start looking like you guys. just picture a bunch of Robert Swift looking people everywhere. and btw Uwashington has like no hot girls anywhere, every girl looks like a mountain girl from the woods... no make up, same northface jackets and coke can figures... i need to get back to LA. ps BLAZERS SUCK.

salty? and generalizing everybody from the northwest too, smh,
man i take the damn bus every other day to school here in Uwash and all i know is that walking around campus, walking around the ave.. and even myboy that lives in seattle says he cant stand the weirdness of the people here. people are nice, but weird as hell...thats basically coming from all 5 of myroommates who are not from the northwest so its not just me saying it. ask ANYONE thats visited the northwest... they will tell you the EXACT same thing
laugh.gif

anyhow, hopefully rudy is ok.... like Stu said, if he landed on his feet, nonoe would be talking baout how "hard" or "dirty" the foul was.i mean the shaq fould on stuckey, or the stackhouse fould on shaq was the real definition of a "hard/dirty" foul. this was NOT a dirty play...still i agree with the flagrant 2 call... the refs owed it to rudy and his fans to kick ariza out. not to mention how laker players checked on rudy to see ifhe was fine after the fall, while the blazers players were too busy "TRYING" to be tough with ariza and powell...lakers aint dirty.

Originally Posted by jepeh21

also, afterwards why did it seem like the blazers players were walking up to laker players and trying to act hard by just barking at them. if you watch the replay you can see outlaw go up to powell, for no reason and bump chests with him and start talking. seriously, if you are gonna go up to someone like that, hit him or dont go up at all. it was so dumb. and its ONE game, seriously, this was the highlight of the blazers young lives... for the lakeshow, it was just another game against a team they dont have to sweat. (brushes Ariza's shoulder off from hundreds of miles away.)

ps, im in seattle right now till the end of march, and for you northwesterers, you guys are the most ODD, eccentric, strangest people i have ever met... i need to get back to socal and get some damn sunshine before i start looking like you guys. just picture a bunch of Robert Swift looking people everywhere. and btw Uwashington has like no hot girls anywhere, every girl looks like a mountain girl from the woods... no make up, same northface jackets and coke can figures... i need to get back to LA. ps BLAZERS SUCK.

salty? and generalizing everybody from the northwest too, smh,
man i take the damn bus every other day to school here in Uwash and all i know is that walking around campus, walking around the ave.. and even my boy that lives in seattle says he cant stand the weirdness of the people here. people are nice, but weird as hell...thats basically coming from all 5 of my roommates who are not from the northwest so its not just me saying it. ask ANYONE thats visited the northwest... they will tell you the EXACT same thing
laugh.gif

anyhow, hopefully rudy is ok.... like Stu said, if he landed on his feet, nonoe would be talking baout how "hard" or "dirty" the foul was. i mean the shaq fould on stuckey, or the stackhouse fould on shaq was the real definition of a "hard/dirty" foul. this was NOT a dirty play... still i agree with the flagrant 2 call... the refs owed it to rudy and his fans to kick ariza out. not to mention how laker players checked on rudy to see if he was fine after the fall, while the blazers players were too busy "TRYING" to be tough with ariza and powell...lakers aint dirty.

lakers aren't dirty? last year odum took out ray allen when they were getting stomped out. Ariza is a punk with a short fuse just like odum, both can playbut have no emotional control. There are too many guys in the nba like this. I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often.

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Damn, CP going to have to takes this one for us guys. Dude is on the front lines when it comes to the Blazers.

Gonna be a loooooooooong day for me.
laugh.gif

I'll post more in a bit, just makin sure I read thru everything and checkin in real quick.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by TheDudeMT

2. You wouldn't be too happy either if you got fouled like that. 2 feet or not.
Seriously what game where you watching?

Unnecessary hard foul, you wouldn't be too happy if you got fouled like that?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I think them Portland announcers have got you brainwashed.

Hope Roy will be ok
*Rudy

Originally Posted by Exile On Ivy St

It wasn't intentional and he was definitely going for the ball, but it was also a club to the head that didn't really come close to even touching the ball, that's why they called the flagrant. Intentional or not it's not uncommon to see a player penalized in that fashion when it's a strike to the head. Ariza also didn't help himself when he immediately paid zero attention to the player on the ground and started walking away like he's some g. What was that for? (and since when was this guy a certified G in the eyes of everyone on here anyway? I forgot how rough and rugged Ariza plays on the court, my bad. Charles Oakley v.2 right there. As it stands Roy's only an inch shorter and a lot stronger so I'm not sure why it'd be a clear cut decision like everyone's saying it would be)

After the game Roy said that he heard it didn't look quite as bad on video as it did in person, but that the main reason he went after Ariza was Ariza's immediate reaction to what he knew was a hard foul. I know for damn sure that if any Blazer ever fouled someone that hard and saw the player crumble to the ground he'd never react the way Ariza did. Not a good look for the Lakeshow, especially considering how reputably soft that entire team is, to have at least 3 players on that squad that you know would be mean muggin given the same circumstances.

I still have no idea how Laker fans can even like Odom. Pound for pound the SOFTEST player you'll ever see on an NBA court but yet he's by far the biggest instigator and s*** talker. How is that acceptable? He always has the same act, too, where he knows he can get in someone's face just enough to the point where he knows it'll get separated because he knows that if he ever even tried to lay a hand on [insert NBA player here] he'd get bodied, hard. A (|) to the fullest extent.
Good post.
I'm a LO fan but what you said is pretty accurate. Same act every time.
Also agree about Ariza. Don't know where this thuggin came from but I'll tell you he wasn't really like that in NY. So he needs to check himself.I'm not knocking him for the foul. But his actions immediately afterwards were uncalled for.

Finally, that whole jumping off one foot argument is ******ed. Who the $+@% jumps off of 2 feet on a fast break? I can't believe dudes in here are tryingto spin this to being Rudy's fault.
indifferent.gif

I just watched most of the highlights from last night's games and the only person who jumped off 1 foot on a break was Chris Paul's non-elevating $*#.
laugh.gif

And Pau should have turned heel and ran over and snuffed Trevor.
happy.gif

My man Chester gettin suspended over our dumb @**^#'s
smh.gif

Hope Rudy is ok.

What a dreadful game. It really pisses me off that we just seem to be ok with not winning here. We have more damn fans here then just about anywhere else andyet the Lakers never get up for these guys.
tired.gif

Watch, we'll play our butts off in Houston, and SA, and everywhere else, but when we play here, and it's their super bowl, we piss down our legs. It's friggin old already.

Good game Blazers, see ya'll April 10th.
pimp.gif

Exactly. Trevor aint no G. I hope he gets suspended, not so much for the actual foul, but for his lame atitidude after the foul. Pencil lookingol' head, acting tough LOL

Originally Posted by solesavage

Exactly. Trevor aint no G. I hope he gets suspended, not so much for the actual foul, but for his lame atitidude after the foul. Pencil looking ol' head, acting tough LOL
laugh.gif

lame attitude? you got clowns like Roy running up to him after the foul.
sure Roy was protecting his teammate, but do really expect Ariza not to react after that?

Anyway, hope Rudy is fine...

and that Ariza doesn't get suspended.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

So it was Rudy Fernandez' fault he got fouled so hard? Ahahahahahaha. Whoever first mentioned that needs to desperately get some common sense.

- it was.

- before anyone gets upset, just listen to what i have to say first. this is the reason i hate a lot of the international players. its because of plays likethis. had Rudy prepared himself for the contact we wouldnt even be having this conversation. these international players do this a lot. dont believe me? lookat Ginobli, Ginobli gets to the basket often and almost always met with some sort of contact. the way dude throws his body around unprotected is uncalled for.so much so ive said for a long time one of these days he's going to get hurt behind it.

- now....in comparison look at Parker. Parker get to the basket in the exact same way, and just as much, but when he's met with contact he doest fallnearly as bad as Ginobli. Parker anticipates the contact while still making the basket. a lot of the international players have a habit of putting their bodyout there to make the contact look worse trying to get a call.

- its sickening to watch. its one of the reasons why i hate Giobli but respect his numbers. and the same reason i hat Verajao all together, that tool bringsNOTHING to the table but a bunch of flops and dirty tricks.

- dont just refute it, go back...look at the footage. look at Parker tighten up his body anticipating the contact while extending his arm to get the 2. thencomapre that to Ginobli landing in the photographers laps all awkward.

- as someone stated....you dont go up as if you have a wide open dunk when you have someone on you like that.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

- before anyone gets upset, just listen to what i have to say first. this is the reason i hate a lot of the international players. its because of plays like this. had Rudy prepared himself for the contact we wouldnt even be having this conversation. these international players do this a lot. dont believe me? look at Ginobli, Ginobli gets to the basket often and almost always met with some sort of contact. the way dude throws his body around unprotected is uncalled for. so much so ive said for a long time one of these days he's going to get hurt behind it.

- now....in comparison look at Parker. Parker get to the basket in the exact same way, and just as much, but when he's met with contact he doest fall nearly as bad as Ginobli. Parker anticipates the contact while still making the basket. a lot of the international players have a habit of putting their body out there to make the contact look worse trying to get a call.
You do know that Tony Parker is an international player don't you?

Originally Posted by CP1708

seasoned vet wrote:

SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME wrote:

- before anyone gets upset, just listen to what i have to say first. this is the reason i hate a lot of the international players. its because of plays like this. had Rudy prepared himself for the contact we wouldnt even be having this conversation. these international players do this a lot. dont believe me? look at Ginobli, Ginobli gets to the basket often and almost always met with some sort of contact. the way dude throws his body around unprotected is uncalled for. so much so ive said for a long time one of these days he's going to get hurt behind it.

- now....in comparison look at Parker. Parker get to the basket in the exact same way, and just as much, but when he's met with contact he doest fall nearly as bad as Ginobli. Parker anticipates the contact while still making the basket. a lot of the international players have a habit of putting their body out there to make the contact look worse trying to get a call.

that's his point...

and ariza barely grazed rudy's hair......it was the hit on the arm that swung him around and made him fall hard.

CP1708 wrote:

- of course.

- i used him as a comparison for that reason. as i said i hate most of those players, im cool with TP though.

*EDIT*

- i like Ginobli too i just hate that cheap *@@ tactic. its childish. my comparison of Ginobili and Parker was to show you can pull off the same move withoutmaking yourself vulnerable to get a call when the fall looks ugly. i think its a perfect comparison. both players are international and play almost exactly thesame. one is always flopping all over the floor the other isnt.

anyone would know that in a blowout, most likely the other team is frustrated so you never know how they will react to something (for example: knicks-nuggets brawl) ariza might have gone for the block cuz he was frutrated or just because he didnt want to give up the easy dunk
it wasnt anyones fault that rudy got hurt because ariza clearly went for the ball and got part of rudy's head in the process but rudy could have prevented his injury by just going up with two feet and getting the foul instead of jumping off of one foot and getting hurt
i dont think rudy would have jumped off of one foot had lebron been in back of him so i dont understand why he would risk his body and try it against another player, especialy when both players are running at high speeds
damn i dont even remember typing that last night
laugh.gif

but i get what your saying, and i agree its nobody's fault
smile.gif
. You need to take into account that Rudy is a one-footed jumpers, so jumping off two feetwould have been out of the ordinary for him could have put him in even more danger because of his natural tendency to jump off one. However, like you said withboth players at high speed; unless your Lebron or a player with amazing hops, your not going to be jumping off two feet with somebody behind you. You wouldwant to jump off one foot while in stride so you can maintain speed and distance from the trailing defender. and i highly doubt Rudy was trying to impressanybody with a dunk, show me one cool in game fastbreak dunk he's pulled off
roll.gif

- it was.

- its sickening to watch. its one of the reasons why i hate Giobli but respect his numbers. and the same reason i hat Verajao all together, that tool brings NOTHING to the table but a bunch of flops and dirty tricks.

- dont just refute it, go back...look at the footage. look at Parker tighten up his body anticipating the contact while extending his arm to get the 2. then comapre that to Ginobli landing in the photographers laps all awkward.

- as someone stated....you dont go up as if you have a wide open dunk when you have someone on you like that.
Absolute nonsense. You're just showing your bias against international players. It has nothing to do whether the person being fouled is aEuropean or American player. Plenty of American players who have gotten caught in a bad way when going up for a layup as well. It was the severity of the fouland while not necessarily intentioned to cause the harm it did, it certainly was careless at the very least. He swatted Fernandez from behind without havingenough clearance to avoid side arming him in the head.

By the way, it's Ginobili, not Ginobli.

Back
Top Bottom