Official: Lakers @ Blazers 3/9 7PM PST Game On KCAL 9

i don't know why the lakers can't win in portland whenever they meet in the regular season.

i guess im going to have to live in the past today and remember that the lakers eliminated the blazers from the playoffs by winning the clincher in portland in1997, 1998, 2001, and 2002 and that they took 2 of the 3 meetings in portland in the 2000 wcf. ahhhh memories memories.

they suck at the rose garden in the regular season but there 6-3 at the rose garden in the playoffs.

Trevor definitely made a play on the ball, but it was unnecessary, being that it was a one sided game.
Anyone is gonna fall awkwardly when someone attempts to swipe the ball from behind you, while you're in the air.

Hopefully Fernandez will be okay, and the altercation after the play was overboard by both teams.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

So it was Rudy Fernandez' fault he got fouled so hard? Ahahahahahaha. Whoever first mentioned that needs to desperately get some common sense.

- it was.

- before anyone gets upset, just listen to what i have to say first. this is the reason i hate a lot of the international players. its because of plays like this. had Rudy prepared himself for the contact we wouldnt even be having this conversation. these international players do this a lot. dont believe me? look at Ginobli, Ginobli gets to the basket often and almost always met with some sort of contact. the way dude throws his body around unprotected is uncalled for. so much so ive said for a long time one of these days he's going to get hurt behind it.

- now....in comparison look at Parker. Parker get to the basket in the exact same way, and just as much, but when he's met with contact he doest fall nearly as bad as Ginobli. Parker anticipates the contact while still making the basket. a lot of the international players have a habit of putting their body out there to make the contact look worse trying to get a call.

- its sickening to watch. its one of the reasons why i hate Giobli but respect his numbers. and the same reason i hat Verajao all together, that tool brings NOTHING to the table but a bunch of flops and dirty tricks.

- dont just refute it, go back...look at the footage. look at Parker tighten up his body anticipating the contact while extending his arm to get the 2. then comapre that to Ginobli landing in the photographers laps all awkward.

- as someone stated....you dont go up as if you have a wide open dunk when you have someone on you like that.
Absolute nonsense. You're just showing your bias against international players. It has nothing to do whether the person being fouled is a European or American player. Plenty of American players who have gotten caught in a bad way when going up for a layup as well. It was the severity of the foul and while not necessarily intentioned to cause the harm it did, it certainly was careless at the very least. He swatted Fernandez from behind without having enough clearance to avoid side arming him in the head.

By the way, it's Ginobili, not Ginobli.

- ahh, of course...nonsense. bias.
Originally Posted by seasoned vet

- i used him as a comparison for that reason. as i said i hate most of those players, im cool with TP though.

- oh dont worry about paying attention to what i typed. nevermind that. go ahead....skip right over that part
eyes.gif

- NT man
smh.gif
, and its not just S&T either. conversation on NT as a whole is just childish. anything someone says that goes against popular opinion isimmediately brushed off as bias or hate,
roll.gif
Jesus Christ.
smh.gif

- im honestly not even going to waste my time with a back and forth on this one. the video footage is there, my comments are there judge for yourself, orblindly call it bias if you choose.

.......and for the record, not only do i like TP, but i also like the game of Nocioni, and Dirk (off the top of my head). these players *ahem* (international)players are too focused on their game to be purposely allowing their bodies to be thrown all over the court like a ragdoll. but hey, you dont have to believeme
wink.gif

By the way, it's Ginobili, not Ginobli.

- oh and i knew it wasnt spelled correctly, i just didnt take the time to actually look it up, same as i did for Verajao. thats how much respect i have fortheir game.

"I wasn't as mad until I seen Trevor's reaction to the foul," said Brandon Roy after Portland's win.

"That's what sparked everybody. That's a tough foul, but don't start acting tough after you draw a hard foul like that. That's what Iwas more upset about, more than the foul. That's the maddest I got in a while," Roy added.

"I usually try and keep a cool head about it, but he (Ariza) started bucking about it and I was upset because my guy is laying there on the ground andyou're talking trash. I was pretty upset about it."

The foul itself wasnt that bad although he hit his head first...if you saw ur teammate go down like that of course ur gonna get into an altercation...its notlike any punches were thrown either... take a look at the video in REAL TIME and it looks ALOT worse than it actually was ... Keep in mind thats what theplayers see and NOT the replays

from ESPN:
"It was weird. We were winning by a lot of points, everybody was playing well ... actually it was clear that Ariza was going to hit him, because he hadhad a couple of turnovers. He was after him to hit him, but not to hurt him. Even Ariza was scared about what he had done," Blazers guard Sergio Rodriguezsaid, according to the Spanish Web site Marca.com.

rudy must've know that he wouldve been fouled so i still dont understand why he jumped off of one foot going for the dunk with ariza right behind him
he couldve either slowed down, gone for the layup and gotten fouled, or he couldve have stopped, let ariza fly by and then dunk the ball

Originally Posted by enrique23

from ESPN:
"It was weird. We were winning by a lot of points, everybody was playing well ... actually it was clear that Ariza was going to hit him, because he had had a couple of turnovers. He was after him to hit him, but not to hurt him. Even Ariza was scared about what he had done," Blazers guard Sergio Rodriguez said, according to the Spanish Web site Marca.com.

rudy must've know that he wouldve been fouled so i still dont understand why he jumped off of one foot going for the dunk with ariza right behind him
he couldve either slowed down, gone for the layup and gotten fouled, or he couldve have stopped, let ariza fly by and then dunk the ball

- the why is in my reply(ies). thats how a lot of them play.

smh @ overexaggration on the blazers side. I mean sure it was a hard foul, but that does not mean ariza meant to hurt him. he was clearly making a play for theball.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Ryda421

smh @ overexaggration on the blazers side. I mean sure it was a hard foul, but that does not mean ariza meant to hurt him. he was clearly making a play for the ball.
smh.gif
Read Roy's quote up above.

Originally Posted by Exile On Ivy St

smh @ overexaggration on the blazers side. I mean sure it was a hard foul, but that does not mean ariza meant to hurt him. he was clearly making a play for the ball.
smh.gif
yup of all people , broy would be the last to be fired up or be in some sort of altercation, and whoever said the blazers were trying to betough? its just a matter of getting your team mates back.

smh.gif

word. As I stated before, it wasnt a hard foul. However, Trevors tough guy reaction after the play was uncalled for. I mean, even Farmar stepped up and checkedto see if he was ok. Instead Pencil Head was mouthing off.

games over all ready..nothin happened to ariza...LA got smacked point blank period whether it was intentional or not thats the picture of this whole situation

Originally Posted by WJuN15

"I wasn't as mad until I seen Trevor's reaction to the foul," said Brandon Roy after Portland's win.

"That's what sparked everybody. That's a tough foul, but don't start acting tough after you draw a hard foul like that. That's what I was more upset about, more than the foul. That's the maddest I got in a while," Roy added.

"I usually try and keep a cool head about it, but he (Ariza) started bucking about it and I was upset because my guy is laying there on the ground and you're talking trash. I was pretty upset about it."

The foul itself wasnt that bad although he hit his head first...if you saw ur teammate go down like that of course ur gonna get into an altercation...its not like any punches were thrown either... take a look at the video in REAL TIME and it looks ALOT worse than it actually was ... Keep in mind thats what the players see and NOT the replays

that soft bum was heading towards ariza before rudy even hit the ground what the %@!$ is he talking about? and ariza only started yacking once roy and Lamarcusgot in his face so he can go sit down with that BS

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

"That's what sparked everybody. That's a tough foul, but don't start acting tough after you draw a hard foul like that. That's what I was more upset about, more than the foul. That's the maddest I got in a while," Roy added.

"I usually try and keep a cool head about it, but he (Ariza) started bucking about it and I was upset because my guy is laying there on the ground and you're talking trash. I was pretty upset about it."

The foul itself wasnt that bad although he hit his head first...if you saw ur teammate go down like that of course ur gonna get into an altercation...its not like any punches were thrown either... take a look at the video in REAL TIME and it looks ALOT worse than it actually was ... Keep in mind thats what the players see and NOT the replays

that soft bum was heading towards ariza before rudy even hit the ground what the %@!$ is he talking about? and ariza only started yacking once roy and Lamarcus got in his face so he can go sit down with that BS

exactly.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

that soft bum was heading towards ariza before rudy even hit the ground what the %@!$ is he talking about? and ariza only started yacking once roy and Lamarcus got in his face so he can go sit down with that BS

And Ariza was already "buckin" before Fernandez even hit the floor. Quit seein things through those baby blue shades of your's.
laugh.gif
at Roy beingsoft.

FrenchBlue23 wrote:
Trevor definitely made a play on the ball, but it was unnecessary, being that it was a one sided game.
Anyone is gonna fall awkwardly when someone attempts to swipe the ball from behind you, while you're in the air.

Hopefully Fernandez will be okay, and the altercation after the play was overboard by both teams.

I gave up on the game in the 3Q and haven't watched the low lights until now. My friends were telling me about the flagrant and I was expecting much more. Trevor has been in Rudy's position many a times but he takes the contact better. The fall was the bad part. Trevor made a play on the ball. Too bad LOhad to get up.

I would have had the same reaction that Ariza had, if 2-3 dudes were coming up to my face after that play.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I would have had the same reaction that Ariza had, if 2-3 dudes were coming up to my face after that play.
That's cool. But before that even happened, why did Ariza have to start acting thugged out when he knew Fernandez took a nasty spill?

That's cool. But before that even happened, why did Ariza have to start acting thugged out when he knew Fernandez took a nasty spill?
I don't know, but maybe because he saw that the whole Blazer team was ready to regulate on him?
nerd.gif

I don't know, but maybe because he saw that the whole Blazer team was ready to regulate on him?
nerd.gif
Reaching. Unless you're a complete a-hole your first instinct is to help the player who took the spill, not take a few steps from the player,see if the opposing players are ready to fight you, and then decide right there that because said players are in your face that you're not going to showany sympathy towards the player on the ground. It doesn't work that way. The scenario that's about 100X more realistic is the one where the playerwho's losing by 30 simply doesn't have the willpower to man up and show some sportsmanship.

Are we really arguing Brandon Roy's mental stability vs. Trevor Ariza's?
laugh.gif
Seriously?

nerd.gif
Reaching. Unless you're a complete a-hole your first instinct is to help the player who took the spill, not take a few steps from the player, see if the opposing players are ready to fight you, and then decide right there that because said players are in your face that you're not going to show any sympathy towards the player on the ground. It doesn't work that way. The scenario that's about 100X more realistic is the one where the player who's losing by 30 simply doesn't have the willpower to man up and show some sportsmanship.

Are we really arguing Brandon Roy's mental stability vs. Trevor Ariza's?
laugh.gif
Seriously?

Exile, your first post that Shuges quoted was very good. I almost quoted it myself, but Shuges beat me too it.

But now you're starting down that path again. How the F would you know a damn thing about Trevor Ariza's mental stability? You don't know sh*^about BRoy's either. So quit commenting on it like you're a damn expert. If Ariza is such a poor sport, why he don't have any cases like thisagainst him by now? Is this not a "first offense" so to speak?

He went for the ball, he clipped Rudy, Rudy was in mid air and came down hard as hell. It looked terrible. But it don't friggin matter. If he lets himdunk then all of us are pissed that the Lakers are soft and just allow dunks/layups. Down 30 or not, he made a play on the ball. He tried to stop a bucket. But something bad happened. Quit with the "he was actin........." Whatever. Jordan Farmar was right there on Rudy the second he landed. Ariza's momentum carried him out of bounds, he turned around to find 4 Blazers in his face. And rightly so. The Blazers had every right to be pissed andsay something. But quit acting like because BRoy says he was actin tough it's true. Roy said he was actin hard, Sergio said he was pissed about losing,all the Blazers have some sort of opinion about what Trevor was doing. Newsflash, he was playing basketball. Why the hell do we need an interpreter todetermine why a guy gets fouled? It happened, he's sorry, the league obviously doens't think there was any intent or he would be suspened. So let itthe *^$@ go. Take the win, we tips our caps, now let it go. April 10th the Blazers will have another chance at Trevor. Look forward to it, and be done withit.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Originally Posted by TheDudeMT

Originally Posted by enrique23

if rudy jumps off with 2 feet, none of this happens
did he expect to get a wide open dunk? he should've been smart and realized that he would have gotten fouled, so why jump off of 1 foot trying to impress the crowd with a player right behind you?
that was not a flagrant 2
1. It was an unnecessary hard foul...especially being down by 30.
2. You wouldn't be too happy either if you got fouled like that. 2 feet or not.
Seriously what game where you watching?

Unnecessary hard foul, you wouldn't be too happy if you got fouled like that?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I think them Portland announcers have got you brainwashed.

Hope Roy will be ok
*Rudy

Portland vs LA, what about you? Plus, I hate the announcers as much as the next guy. As a fan, I'm not biased. I respect and give credit wherecredit is due to other teams/players...but i'm saying, he didn't have to foul like that being in the air and being down 30. Yes, IMO it wasunnecessary. If it were on the ground I wouldn't really care. It's harder to control yourself in the air dude. Hopefully Rudy is alright and everythingis all good. Good game, good win. Next game please.

Rudy just got the wind knocked out of him and the Blazers medical staff was just being over-cautious and now all Blazer mania is going overboard to the fall.
.Nate Mcmillian is still calling it a "dangerous play" and unnecessary they could learn from the Bobcats on how to handle it and move on.

Back
Top Bottom