OFFICIAL LAKERS @ jazz 5/08 ESPN - Game 3

Most of you guys sound like its a piece of cake to walk in Utah and win there. It's been difficult since the Malone/Stockton years to win there.

Boozer def needs to keep playing the way he did tonight, and the key stat in this series will be rebound.

Originally Posted by AirForce1s

i hate these "elitists" laker fans on here. everyone is entitled to their own opinion. dont call someone else dumb because they dont think the same way as you.

co-sign, lame how someone feels like they have the need to try and feel superior

on that note, this series isnt the first time i have watched boozer and okur play.........ive seen what they can do, im saying against our defense okur wont get as many open shots and boozer hitting step backs over odom? lets be serious
Nobody is trying to feel superior...

But to say some thing as stupid as they won't hit those shots again makes me think your comments are dumb.

I am sorry but I call it as I see it.

If you don't think boozer can continue to hit step back jumpers over odom, you haven't watched him enough. You may have a point on the D with okur butboozer is a baller. That man can hit that shot.

Sorry I don't mean to get my fellow laker fans upset but please stop saying things that don't make sense.

Sorry I don't mean to get my fellow laker fans upset but please stop saying things that don't make sense.
haha no worries man im not upset.............and im a HUGE duke fan, believe me i have watched my share of boozer.........but maybe to betterclarify my point: boozer can have games like he did tonight, but will he sunday? i dont think he will

this loss sucks but, we did a lot more things bad/wrong than we did good/right.........jazz played well for the whole game mostly, lakers played well forprobably a q total............need to dominate the first q like they did in games 1 and 2

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by AirForce1s

i hate these "elitists" laker fans on here. everyone is entitled to their own opinion. dont call someone else dumb because they dont think the same way as you.

co-sign, lame how someone feels like they have the need to try and feel superior

on that note, this series isnt the first time i have watched boozer and okur play.........ive seen what they can do, im saying against our defense okur wont get as many open shots and boozer hitting step backs over odom? lets be serious
Nobody is trying to feel superior...

But to say some thing as stupid as they won't hit those shots again makes me think your comments are dumb.

I am sorry but I call it as I see it.

If you don't think boozer can continue to hit step back jumpers over odom, you haven't watched him enough. You may have a point on the D with okur but boozer is a baller. That man can hit that shot.

well in air force's defense boozer hadn't been hitting anything this series or the past 15 games for that matter (1st time he's scored over 20points) so this hot night may be an admiration or it may not. but a lot of the shots he hit were tough shots with a hand in his face, sure he's capable ofhitting that shot, but i wouldn't bet on him hitting every one of those like he did tonight. And as for Okur he was wide open on a lot of his shots sonaturally as a good shooter he's more then likely gonna make those. so what he said makes a lot more sense than you're giving him credit for.

^ Oh yeah. I co-sign that 100%

They shot over 50% as a team. Everybody was on tonight so we have to hope it doesn't happen again.

I just wonder how bad deron's wrist is.

--Jazz had a great game congrats to them. Okur could not miss. They now have the momentum which should carry into a Jazz victory on Sunday, they go back to L.Aand steal one, then close up the series back in Utah. NOT.

--Lakers will adjust. Take Game 4 and let's wrap this up ay Staples Center next Wednesday fellas!
--GO LAKERS!!

This game was a little frustrating to watch, espcially the beginning. There were so many turnovers and missed layups. It's alright tho, we played badly andwas still in striking range in the end.

I stick by my prediction:

Lakers split the games in Utah.
Lakers wrap this up in game 5.

KOBE is the GOAT wrote:
With a name like that, I don't think the "elitists" laker fans are entitled to see your opinion as credible.
roll.gif
how old are you 15?

but they know what they are talking about and seperate from the homers and stans.

Speaking of which, I thought Kobe gave Walton a little bit of harsh treatment when he lost the ball.

lakers dont play d period..... and their rebounding sucks.... unless bynum makes a deal with the devil and comes back next season there is no way the lakersmake it out of the west this year...

Man, y'all need to give up on this 'Gasol is soft' nonsense, like the reason we're 6-1 in the playoffs so far has NOTHING to do with him.

Me? I'm glad we can review a loss and look at how we were beat. You don't get to do that if you win every game; you don't get to see how a teambeat you.

Once again, I think we shot too many 3s for my comfort (I'm not looking up the stats, so if someone tells me we were like 6-17 or something, I'lldefinitely be shocked at such a low number of attempts, because it seems like we went 6-170), and defensive rebounding was virtually non-existent (again,I'm not looking at stats, but it seems like they got a ton of offensive rebounds).

When you're trying to get back in the game with 3-ball attempts that aren't falling and you're letting them get 3, 4, even 5 shots at getting abucket, you're going to lose.

Can't wait for Sunday.
smile.gif

P.S. Yes, I was mad at Luke at the time of that bone-headed turnover after Gasol's tipped jumpball, but Luke did not lose the game; the Lakers did. If wewould have been up 10 at that point instead of down 4, no one would care.

i think they were 5 for 22 from 3.... smh....this team is like the suns except we cant shoot the 3 like them....

Lakers went up early.. Fell behind.. The Jazz shot like NBA2K8 on Rookie Mode.. Lakers were a few plays from getting the lead back.. Missed Shots.. Kobe was amonster... Gasol was ?..Luke Fumbled.. Boozer played like aforementioned NBA2k8.... Lakers lose.. Game 4 Sunday

laugh.gif
The Lakers overrated %*+!% were bound to lose, as you can see they didlike i predicted.I'm disappointed that the Jazz let their sorry %*+!% get that close, i wanted this game to be a blowout. Ah well, we'll see theblowout in game 4 i guess then. This series is in the Jazz favor now, Boozer done regained his form and confidence, and Okur is just manhandling Gasoft. TheLakers will easily lose this series in 6 games. A team with softies like Kobe odom and Gasoft? They'll find a way to choke this series away, thats on myword. The Jazz know that they can bully the Lakers and i expect them to do that the remainder of the series. Can you say back door sweep by the Jazz?

Originally Posted by 3PLEDOUBLE

laugh.gif
The Lakers overrated %*+!% were bound to lose, as you can see they did like i predicted.I'm disappointed that the Jazz let their sorry %*+!% get that close, i wanted this game to be a blowout. Ah well, we'll see the blowout in game 4 i guess then. This series is in the Jazz favor now, Boozer done regained his form and confidence, and Okur is just manhandling Gasoft. The Lakers will easily lose this series in 6 games. A team with softies like Kobe odom and Gasoft? They'll find a way to choke this series away, thats on my word. The Jazz know that they can bully the Lakers and i expect them to do that the remainder of the series. Can you say back door sweep by the Jazz?

lmao
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 3PLEDOUBLE

laugh.gif
The Lakers overrated %*+!% were bound to lose, as you can see they did like i predicted.I'm disappointed that the Jazz let their sorry %*+!% get that close, i wanted this game to be a blowout. Ah well, we'll see the blowout in game 4 i guess then. This series is in the Jazz favor now, Boozer done regained his form and confidence, and Okur is just manhandling Gasoft. The Lakers will easily lose this series in 6 games. A team with softies like Kobe odom and Gasoft? They'll find a way to choke this series away, thats on my word. The Jazz know that they can bully the Lakers and i expect them to do that the remainder of the series. Can you say back door sweep by the Jazz?
roll.gif
roll.gif
this dude had to wait 7 games to post hate on a lakers lose

Originally Posted by kash55

Luke is always a awesome player until the last seconds of the game, in which he some how messing up something.
Other than that, Luke is awesome.

yeah, gonna have to disagree with u there, i cant really describe it but he's one of those players that plays good with a lead coming off the bench,but if the game is tied or the lakers are down, this is the one guy u dont want in the game, all i would like to see from this guy are made lay ups, a shothere and there, and most of all nice clean safe passes, wasnt able to watch the game tonight but i have a feeling that the opposite happened from luke - shotsmissed, easy lay ups missed, and he gambled on passes

and to the poster talking about "turning on walton" - people's dislike for this guy's terrible game has been covered by wins and no faults atwhich he has costed the lakers points/games, he's played very safe recently, the lakers havent been crushing teams but theyve skidded by on nice 10-15 ptleads, none of which he had any effect on

So he shows up after such a bold prediction (the Jazz were favored) but dont show up when the usual prediction is wrong?
I know some say he's a closet Laker fan and his prediction routine is all fun but if he aint owning up to his loses and trying to prop up his wins then banhim for trolling already.

Gasol IS soft

He has been playing soft even during the Denver series but other stuff masked that softness and most laker fans were to happy to complain. He doesn't goafter rebounds and gets pushed around by guys like kirilenko. What pisses me off is that he could actually use his length like on those2 blocks on Boozer buthe did not even try and looked shook.

He hesitates every time he gets the ball these days. It is almost like he is scared. I still remember how well he played against Dwight Howard back when he wasnot afraid of his jumper. Even Turiaf shoots his jumper with more confidence. He also got blocked by Kirilenko on a weak dunk attempt when he did not even jump
indifferent.gif

He makes the game easier and is a talented player but he needs to stop playing scared and go after the ball. Until then I will keep calling him Gasoft.

Gasol is a great player, I've said so since his first all-star appearance. He's an awesome player with great fundamentals, but he's about as softas Dirk is. Pau has a lot better inside game, but that's his game. I'm not going to turn this into a Dirk/Pau comparison post, so that's the end ofthat. Pau is a good interior presence on offense, not so much on defense, he's definitely no Elton Brand, but he's good at what he is, and great forthe Lakers type of game. I like the fit, however cheap it may have been.
laugh.gif
It puts a smile on my face for the dude to get some shine after getting pummeledin Memphis. I don't think the Lakers fanbase realized how good they got it with that trade, anyone is an upgrade over Kwame, but Pau is special.

i don't feel so bad about this loss.

the jazz obviously had their best game and the lakers played their worst and only lost by a few points.

it was the turnovers that killed us.

relax laker fans, it ain't the end of the world and we can't win them all. we got this.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Gasol is a great player, I've said so since his first all-star appearance. He's an awesome player with great fundamentals, but he's about as soft as Dirk is. Pau has a lot better inside game, but that's his game. I'm not going to turn this into a Dirk/Pau comparison post, so that's the end of that. Pau is a good interior presence on offense, not so much on defense, he's definitely no Elton Brand, but he's good at what he is, and great for the Lakers type of game. I like the fit, however cheap it may have been.
laugh.gif
It puts a smile on my face for the dude to get some shine after getting pummeled in Memphis. I don't think the Lakers fanbase realized how good they got it with that trade, anyone is an upgrade over Kwame, but Pau is special.

yeah he nice but he got 2 points the second half and played defense on 1 possesion

might as well play mbenga to do that and get boards
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom