OFFICIAL LAKERS @ jazz 5/08 ESPN - Game 3

Originally Posted by LeroyTheGreat38

Originally Posted by 3PLEDOUBLE

laugh.gif
Ah yes, this is a game where i feel my prediction will be correct this time around. The jazz are a astonishing 39 and 5 on their home floor, with their rabid fans and home court, all signs point to the jazz blowing out the Lakers this evening. Boozer has played like complete bird doo doo in this series, i expect him to get back on track with a dominating performance. I see the jazz fans being extra pumped for this one, remember them silly shenanigans that the lakers pulled on their home floor a couple months ago, i wouldn't be surprised to see objects thrown at the Laker players before, during and after the game. The home crowd will have the Lakers shook (Kobe will have flashbacks from the'97 playoffs in this one). Lakers 98 Jazz 117. Deron and Boozer with 34 a piece, Korver with 8 triples.

Thank you. I wonder if anybody from the Lakers reads NT and they see the things this dude posts and that makes em play better.

I know Sasha reads my hate.
laugh.gif

The Lakeshow should get this. I predict we win in a close one, 3 points or less. We need to come out strong!

laugh.gif
Ah yes, this is a game where i feel my prediction will be correct this time around. The jazz are a astonishing 39 and 5 on their home floor, with their rabid fans and home court, all signs point to the jazz blowing out the Lakers this evening. Boozer has played like complete bird doo doo in this series, i expect him to get back on track with a dominating performance. I see the jazz fans being extra pumped for this one, remember them silly shenanigans that the lakers pulled on their home floor a couple months ago, i wouldn't be surprised to see objects thrown at the Laker players before, during and after the game. The home crowd will have the Lakers shook (Kobe will have flashbacks from the'97 playoffs in this one). Lakers 98 Jazz 117. Deron and Boozer with 34 a piece, Korver with 8 triples.

My dude comin through
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

+1

we haven't closed the last two games STRONG....stop losing those big leads please!!

Let's
GO
DE-
FenZ!

This is gonna be a tough game, but I think the Lakers are gonn edge this one out, if they do, the series is OVER.

Lakers 102 - Jazz 97

Lets Go Lakeshow!!

Kobe took over the last game they played in Utah. if hes firing with that kind of intensity this series ends in SLC. I hope the Jazz can prove me wrong, butI've seen nothing that would make me think otherwise from them.

118 lakers 102 jazz but........ If they boo D FISH KOBE goes MAMBA with 61 and lakers win 126 - 98.............

Several factors have forced Utah to try and dig out of large first-half deficits in its two defeats to Los Angeles. In Game 1, the Jazz scored eight points during a close to eight-minute span in the second quarter and fell behind by 17 points before halftime. In Game 2, Utah played defense like matadors early in the contest, falling behind by 15 points in the first quarter. Coach Jerry Sloan said to blame, well, everything for Utah's poor starts. Deseret Morning News

Deron Williams believes his team has learned its lesson from starting slow in the first two games, and that it will play with more urgency after the opening tip tonight. The Jazz got some encouraging signs from Williams in the second half of Game 2, as he went to the basket hard, and finished on several occasions. "We're at home, number one," Williams said. "We'll have the energy of the crowd on our side. We just have to make a conscious effort to get off to a better start. That basically cost us both games. We just got to come out with a lot more energy and intensity, and be able to defend them." Deseret Morning News

Ashton Kutcher told ESPN he doesn't hear the look-alike questions as much as Kyle Korver does. "You know what? I hit the big stage before Kyle Korver did, so I don't think I get it as much as he does," Kutcher said. "He's a couple years younger than me." But Kutcher is well aware of the resemblance. "He's my doppelganger," he said to ESPN about the Jazzman. Deseret Morning News

According to guard Deron Williams, a change of scenery will help the Jazz: "It will probably be a little different because we're at home, No. 1. We'll have energy [because] the crowd will be on our side this time. "We have to make a conscious effort to get off to a better start because that's what has cost us both games. . . . We've got to come out and be willing to defend them. We can't allow them to keep shooting 50 [or] 60 percent." Salt Lake Tribune

But Carlos Boozer used the dreaded noun to describe what he's going through in these playoffs. Even at the risk of having to add a quarter to the "Naughty Word Jar," Boozer admitted Thursday that he is indeed experiencing a mind-boggling (close your ears!) "slump." He's bothered by it, badly wants to work out of it, says his team is suffering and struggling in part because of it, and knows it couldn't have come at a worse time. "I am in a shooting slump," he said. "I am frustrated." The Jazz's slumping power forward couldn't even go to sleep after Wednesday night's 120-110 Game 2 loss - which put Utah in an 0-2 hole against the Los Angeles Lakers in this Western Conference semifinal series - until about 6 a.m. Thursday. Deseret Morning News

Boozer: "For me, I'm a 20-10 guy all night long, and not to be getting those numbers bothers me," he said Thursday morning at the Zions Bank Basketball Center. Even more bothersome than not getting his usual double-double - he's only grabbing 9.5 rebounds a game against L.A. as well - is the fact his team has fallen twice to the Lakers while his shots have fallen anywhere between Santa Monica Boulevard and Manhattan Beach but not often in the basket. Deseret Morning News

Hearing the refs call his number so often is another big bother. Because of his foul woes, Boozer played less than seven minutes in the first quarter, just one series in the second quarter and 24:25 for the entire game. When he actually played, Boozer had more fouls (four) than baskets (three) in Game 2, and he fouled out of Game 1. Boozer said he tended to rush shots and was out of rhythm. Deseret Morning News

Lakers win this one by 3. Kobe putting in clutch work at the end and boozer taking the final shot and bricking like Lebron.

Originally Posted by Verdykt

Kobe took over the last game they played in Utah. if hes firing with that kind of intensity this series ends in SLC. I hope the Jazz can prove me wrong, but I've seen nothing that would make me think otherwise from them.

Well, Deron was ballin, and for Utah a positive they can take despite losing both games at Staples is that they were in those games and fought hard, EVENWHEN one of their best players was basically a nonfactor in Boozer. If Boozer can get it together and pull out of his "slump" this will turn into aseries. All the Lakers did was hold home-court. If Utah can hold theirs, this is going to be a great series. And Utah is no Denver, so the chances of a sweepare very, very slim, unless the Lakers keep rollin with their recent play, but I just wouldn't bet on that happening.

who's calling the game on espn?

if it's not jvg-jackson-breen, i'll stick to stu and joel on kcal tonight.

Utah will be lucky to get one out of the next two games at home. The Lakers might have a bigger challenge tonight than the last two games in LA, but I see themwinning regardless. Maybe a sweep, but Utah stands no chance to win the series. Too bad I'm going to miss the first half. SMH

Back
Top Bottom