[::Official Lakers Offseason Thread | Vol. Watch out world...we might sign Othello Hunter::]

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

damn man, its so embarrassing to be a laker fan right now, not because we lost this series, because other lakers fan want pau traded.

i guess they forgot that without this guy, no way in hell we would be contenders or won back to back championships.

PLEASE LAKERS DONT resign Shannon Brown, but he had such a horrible end of the year. i bet he stays and plays out the final year of his contract.

If you're gonna use the "he helped us win a ring" argument as basis on why NOT to trade Pau, then you might as well make the same case for Shannon Brown. Before you go nuts, I'm aware that Pau's impact was much greater than Shannon's during the two-peat but every player on the roster during the repeat played an integral role in us getting there but is that enough to warrant any of them a pass for poor play this year? IMO, Shannon's dunk over Andersen Game 5 changed that series for us in 2009. Arguably, he's had a better postseason production wise than Pau, but you want to get rid of him?

If Pau comes back strong next year, wonderful, but at this moment I'm not too shocked at Laker fans for wanting to see him gone, he's been egregiously bad during the playoffs and a team's #2 option disappearing at the magnitude at which Pau did is too daunting of a task to overcome.

Ray Felton for Steve Blake, Shannon Brown and Derrick Caracter.

Ray Felton brings speed and scoring. This would allow (force?) Derek Fisher to go to the bench. Felton's only got one year left on his contact, so there would be no long term repercussions. Blake could be a solid back up to Ty Lawson, Brown could a cheap back up to a newly re-signed Arron Afflalo and the Nuggets really liked Caracter last year, to the point they wanted  to trade for him.

Thoughts?

Ray Felton for Steve Blake, Shannon Brown and Derrick Caracter.

Ray Felton brings speed and scoring. This would allow (force?) Derek Fisher to go to the bench. Felton's only got one year left on his contact, so there would be no long term repercussions. Blake could be a solid back up to Ty Lawson, Brown could a cheap back up to a newly re-signed Arron Afflalo and the Nuggets really liked Caracter last year, to the point they wanted  to trade for him.

Thoughts?

I like it. Except Felton isnt exactly a great shooter that can take off some of the scoring load off of kobe.

I like it. Except Felton isnt exactly a great shooter that can take off some of the scoring load off of kobe.

Originally Posted by BangDak

But he can create from the perimeter, which is needed. No one outside of Kobe, Lamar and Shannon to a lesser extent can do that.

Originally Posted by BangDak

But he can create from the perimeter, which is needed. No one outside of Kobe, Lamar and Shannon to a lesser extent can do that.

Does it make me a bad fan that I have already accepted it and im okay with this lose? I mean Game 2 hurt me bad, same with Game 3 but this game i was just numb.

Does it make me a bad fan that I have already accepted it and im okay with this lose? I mean Game 2 hurt me bad, same with Game 3 but this game i was just numb.

All these pieces about the Lakers core you guys talk about, is probably all irrelevant next season when Phil's gone and the next coach isn't going to use the triangle offense.  Besides Kobe, everything is expendable.  

All these pieces about the Lakers core you guys talk about, is probably all irrelevant next season when Phil's gone and the next coach isn't going to use the triangle offense.  Besides Kobe, everything is expendable.  

No more triangle offense, especially without Phil to regulate it. New system, new type of players to add to this team.

No more triangle offense, especially without Phil to regulate it. New system, new type of players to add to this team.

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

Nope. Now if you want to blow up the team yeah.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

Nope. Now if you want to blow up the team yeah.
laugh.gif

Brown has to go. Somehow. Showed promise the first couple months and then dude lost it.

I think the team needs to figure out a new coach before letting players go/in, etc.

Brown has to go. Somehow. Showed promise the first couple months and then dude lost it.

I think the team needs to figure out a new coach before letting players go/in, etc.

Back
Top Bottom