[::Official Lakers Offseason Thread | Vol. Watch out world...we might sign Othello Hunter::]

The only way I'd do that Pau/Love & #2 trade is there is absolutely no way to get rid of Bynum and get Dwight. Pau, Dwight, and Kobe would be absolutely filthy... which is why it'll never happen.

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Getting the #2 >>>>> Kevin love.........i think y'all are looking at it the wrong way, i think love's name is being mentioned mainly to sweeten the deal(ala Shannon brown)

SO shannon brown is used to "sweeten" the deal? don't you mean "sour" the deal?

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Getting the #2 >>>>> Kevin love.........i think y'all are looking at it the wrong way, i think love's name is being mentioned mainly to sweeten the deal(ala Shannon brown)

SO shannon brown is used to "sweeten" the deal? don't you mean "sour" the deal?

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Serious question because I haven't seen Kevin Love play enough. I know he averaged 20 and 15, but would he be a reliable second option? Like, Pau may have averaged less points, but he can create shots for himself more reliably in a lot of ways (when he's not being a pansy) than most guys can. I know Love rebounds well and his range extends to 3 pt territory, but is a he a guy that Kobe can dump it to in the post and have him go to work when we need a bucket in the playoffs? Or does he get most of his points in cleanup mode while rebounding?

i doubt that he can be a 2nd option. 

Could Bynum then move into being a legit second option with Love being there?

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Serious question because I haven't seen Kevin Love play enough. I know he averaged 20 and 15, but would he be a reliable second option? Like, Pau may have averaged less points, but he can create shots for himself more reliably in a lot of ways (when he's not being a pansy) than most guys can. I know Love rebounds well and his range extends to 3 pt territory, but is a he a guy that Kobe can dump it to in the post and have him go to work when we need a bucket in the playoffs? Or does he get most of his points in cleanup mode while rebounding?

i doubt that he can be a 2nd option. 

Could Bynum then move into being a legit second option with Love being there?

Bynum probably would move into that 2nd option, if he can stay healthy for an entire season. Otherwise could be tough for us out there when his annual injury occurs.

Looks like Pau wants to stay, maybe he's gotten over Breezy smashing his girl:

Pau Gasol, who has been linked to a move to the Minnesota Timberwolves, said Monday he wants to stay with the Los Angeles Lakers for "as many years as I can."

The Timberwolves have reportedly been strongly pursuing Gasol to pair with Barcelona guard Ricky Rubio, who will play for the NBA side next season.

"My desire is to stay with the Lakers. I don't have control over it but I want to stay with the Lakers for as many years as I can to be able to remain eligible for the maximum possible championships," Gasol told reporters in the northeastern Spanish city of Alicante.

Bynum probably would move into that 2nd option, if he can stay healthy for an entire season. Otherwise could be tough for us out there when his annual injury occurs.

Looks like Pau wants to stay, maybe he's gotten over Breezy smashing his girl:

Pau Gasol, who has been linked to a move to the Minnesota Timberwolves, said Monday he wants to stay with the Los Angeles Lakers for "as many years as I can."

The Timberwolves have reportedly been strongly pursuing Gasol to pair with Barcelona guard Ricky Rubio, who will play for the NBA side next season.

"My desire is to stay with the Lakers. I don't have control over it but I want to stay with the Lakers for as many years as I can to be able to remain eligible for the maximum possible championships," Gasol told reporters in the northeastern Spanish city of Alicante.

i'm only doing that pau for love trade, if we get dwight for bynum
pimp.gif

This Pau for Love thing can't be true. Pau has proven that he is at best a second option, why would Minnesota want to build around him? I hope the Lakers can move Pau though, as great as he was the past couple of years, in my opinion that playoff performance was unforgivable.

This Pau for Love thing can't be true. Pau has proven that he is at best a second option, why would Minnesota want to build around him? I hope the Lakers can move Pau though, as great as he was the past couple of years, in my opinion that playoff performance was unforgivable.

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Not tryna sound mean but when are you guys gonna realize Dwight to LA is not realistic for anytime in the near future? 
ohwell.gif

QFT 
frown.gif
... and the more people mention it the more it reminds me it isn't happening 

Not tryna sound mean but when are you guys gonna realize Dwight to LA is not realistic for anytime in the near future? 
ohwell.gif

QFT 
frown.gif
... and the more people mention it the more it reminds me it isn't happening 

ohwell.gif

because Lakers fan think EVERYBODY is coming to LA
according to them, they're getting D12. Chris Paul, and Derron Williams. DWade might even opt out and go to LA too
and they REALLY believe it too!
laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

because Lakers fan think EVERYBODY is coming to LA
according to them, they're getting D12. Chris Paul, and Derron Williams. DWade might even opt out and go to LA too
and they REALLY believe it too!
laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

we over here sounding like them dumb knicks fans in 2009

ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by 2o6

ohwell.gif

i'm sorry, i'm surprised i havent asked you this yet but did you become a laker fan after the sonics left seattle? 

just wondering.

we're the lakers. the media, fans and everyone who is involved with this organization will always be connected to the big name players. if any team were have rumors it'd be us. look at our history. we got kareem, wilt, shaq and etc.

Originally Posted by 2o6

ohwell.gif

i'm sorry, i'm surprised i havent asked you this yet but did you become a laker fan after the sonics left seattle? 

just wondering.

we're the lakers. the media, fans and everyone who is involved with this organization will always be connected to the big name players. if any team were have rumors it'd be us. look at our history. we got kareem, wilt, shaq and etc.

I still feel better PG play and more consistent shooting will benefit the Lakers more than Dwight Howard. At least for this upcoming season.

I still feel better PG play and more consistent shooting will benefit the Lakers more than Dwight Howard. At least for this upcoming season.

Back
Top Bottom