Official: Lakers @ Thunder Game 3 1st Round 4/22 6:30PM PST Game On TNT HD: Lakers Up 2-0

Props to OKC for giving us an exciting series. Congrats on thier first playoff win, the definitely EARNED it.

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

Also some of those 3 point bricks by Kobe and others came as last second tosses because the offense stalled. As Joel & Stu noted, they dont get the ball to the bigs till about 10 seconds left and then the ball goes back out with the clock running down forcing a desperation 3 thats also a FG % buster.

Good point. The Lakers are absolutley horrible at running that great offense for more than a few plays in a row. There doesn't seem to be any trust that the ball is going to get passed around. The don't get enough easy baskets out of the offense. That stuff that Kobe does out of the drive is fine and the pick and roll game is okay (starting so far out makes it difficult for the bigs to finish), but they should be getting more out of people cutting/moving in the offense.

At least the Lakers were competitive. Let's hope they run the offense better and that Fish has another good game on offense in game 4.
NO NO NO.  don't use logical reasons for why they lost.  Noblekane and I will have none of that sir.

Originally Posted by solefob

Originally Posted by got shoes

Good game. Kobe we need you in the 4th. Great passing though.

exactly, after kobe realized that his shot wasn't falling in the fourth, he got good shots for Fisher, Odom and Artest.  they lost cuz they weren't allowed to play aggressive defense and also because they didn't rebound the ball well.

i do not see how you can say this. after kobe went what? 1 for 10? then he started distributing but it was too late cuz there was only 2 minutes left....

had he played like that 8 minutes earlier we would be discussing a laker victory

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by solefob

Originally Posted by got shoes

Good game. Kobe we need you in the 4th. Great passing though.

exactly, after kobe realized that his shot wasn't falling in the fourth, he got good shots for Fisher, Odom and Artest.  they lost cuz they weren't allowed to play aggressive defense and also because they didn't rebound the ball well.

i do not see how you can say this. after kobe went what? 1 for 10? then he started distributing but it was too late cuz there was only 2 minutes left....

had he played like that 8 minutes earlier we would be discussing a laker victory

You do realize it was a 4 point game with two minutes left in the game.  Plenty of time to win.

You're just angry at the loss and Kobe's an easy target for your anger after they lose. but you gotta look at all the factors.

These THUNDER are growing up before our very eyes.
I'm really happy for the city of Oklahoma.
pimp.gif
at Westbrook's dunks tonight

I dont know whats going to happen this season with my lakers but all these people saying kobe is done and calling him too old better get it in now because next season he will be back to form after he fully heals all these injuries.....he definitely doesnt look right out there at times...just my ten cents.

Originally Posted by dapurplengold213

I dont know whats going to happen this season with my lakers but all these people saying kobe is done and calling him too old better get it in now because next season he will be back to form after he fully heals all these injuries.....he definitely doesnt look right out there at times...just my ten cents.

QFT. Lol @ people saying hes old and done. Dudes must of not been watching before the injury happened.

We're all good, next game.

The thunder were running the same play the whole third when they drove to the basket and not help defense came for the lakers. That was one of the turning points. The defense and kobe let the lakers down.

Originally Posted by HAZE323

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

"Durant will be the best player in basketball in 3 years"

-Kenny Smith

he shoulda said 6 years, then maybe webber and charles wouldnt look at him the way he did....unless kenny thinks bron is going to decline at 29 lol

I really think durant is going to overtake lebron

Yeah, around 2018 he will, when Durant will be 28 years old and LeBron will be 33. Durant will never overtake LeBron in his prime. He won't develop any sort of passing ability and therefore won't have the extra dimension as a passer that makes LeBron the superior player.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

dapurplengold213 wrote:

QFT. Lol @ people saying hes old and done. Dudes must of not been watching before the injury happened.

We're all good, next game.

Thumbs up. Nice way or having an excuse in store in case the Lakers don't win the championship. If they lose, it was because Kobe was injured. If they win, they win (maybe throw in a "they won despite Kobe's injury" to add extra slurpage to the mix).. So you can't really lose, eh?

This is what's really annoying. Despite this game, if he has a great 4th quarter the next game and the Lakers pull off a victory, he'll be "the best player in the world" again. And then the next time he shoots 10-29, it will all be about an injured finger. And it never ends.

injury is all part of the game. injury is what makes players slow in the future. nagging injuries are even more annoying.
even though they're 100% healed, they're not going to be as fast. especially when you're past 30.

see tmac, vc, grant hill, you name it .

and ppl are saying kobe can't make buckets cuz of his finger.

his finger is fine when he can chuck up 30 shots..

it's just that kobe isn't as fast, so he cannot create extra space to get a good shot. and his fadaways ain't cutting it.

kobe won't admit though, cuz that's who he is . but he knows it. and i know it

that's the truth and try to accept it.

Why does Kobe keep shooting contested shots when his finger is injured?? man... if any other 2 guard in the League had the talent that Kobe has around him. The offense just dies when Kobe touches the ball. This series is going at least 6 games (unless Jeff Green goes 2-10 FG again). I don't know if the Thunder can win this series this year, but I think next year the Thunder will be a better team than the Lakers.

Its not just Kobe's finger but also his right knee and left ankle which is grounding him. You can see kicking his right leg more then usual on his jumper which shows he's favoring it. Its age and mileage but I wouldn't say he's done. Its just a bad time to hurt. When he played with a messed knee and shoulder in the 2003 playoffs he was still able to get some lift but now he can't and seems like he's settling on his jumper....which is off from the finger. Of course this is all speculation and not a claim of "truth" like Prettyplaya throws out.

Dude is past the 44,000 career minute mark...things are more likely to go the opposite direction than you think.

I was there, environment was crazy loud. I got some videos uploading I'll post after I get off work. Everybody got free blue shirts.

SHould be noted Durant did the best job on Kobe in the 4th, but Kobe takes terrible shots so it's always hard to know how much credit to give the defender.

Craig Sager has crazy swag. I've never seen him in person, but dude has a straight diddy bop when he walks. $!!* is hilarious.

I think Kobe really likes James Harden. A lot of plays he was talking to him, like helping him during dead ball situations even explaining possessions and calls to him, and was always slapping him on the butt and seemed generally cordial to him the whole time out there, even rose his hand when he fouled him instead of *****ing. He might be angling to bring dude home (he's from LA), when his rookie contract is up

The way Kobe is "defending" Thabo when he is in the game is flat out disrepectful. Thabo is at the 3pt line corner and Kobe was in the paint, started to run out then just said *#%* it and stayed in the paint and turned his back to dude and starred at the rim to get the board. Thabo bricked horrendously.

Those Westbrook dunks all made the building explode, especially the one on Odom.

Artest could foul out in 1 possession.

Phil should impose a FINE every time somebody shoots a long jumper without the ball touching Bynum or Gasol first. We can't do NOTHING with those dudes.

LOL yuku made this thread shorter than it would have
laugh.gif

Anyway, the Thunder played really well. I like how they handled themselves...this team is really gonna go a long way in the coming years.

This team plays D, and plays with a passion. This experience will do wonders for them down the line.

Man, i really thought we had this game in the bag....but the team didn't capitalize on their opportunities...they had a lot of chances to stretch the lead out to 13, 14, 15 points, and they failed to capitalize. You keep a talented team in the game long enough, it's gonna come and bite you eventually, and that's what happened.

Onto Game 4.

I think we win that one, and close it out in Staples.

i was excited for the thunder on their first win BUT when they showed bennetts face on the screen just shook my head...its a shame cause the seattle fans wouldve loved this especially being that we were a pacific division rival

i blame notrious for this loss
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Dude is past the 44,000 career minute mark...things are more likely to go the opposite direction than you think.
Yeah, I don't see why this hard to grasp. There's really no going back.

Back
Top Bottom