OFFICIAL LAKERS vs NUGGETS GAME 2 | Thursday 5/21 ESPN WCF

Originally Posted by PRETTYPLAYA

i didn't really care about carmelo, but this game made me grow on him nh.

i might have to cop his autograph jersey.
laugh.gif

this dude is filthy. i like to see him get mad though he's usually laid back...

i honestly think his offensive game is better than kobe because he makes it look so easy

while kobe seems like he has to try so hard to get his.

thoughts.
I have always liked Melo's game. his play has gotten better every year, but finally he has a team that doesn't have to completely dependon him to win. Billups has helped him out so much in this respect. What he said yesterday in the interview was right, there is no ONE defender that can guardhim. although he isn't the only one that can be said about.

Melo's offensive game is more powerful than Kobe. Melo is bigger but more importantly, he's far stronger than his size suggests, so it's that muchharder for anybody to guard him. he's also quick as heck for a guy his size. pair the power and quickness with good footwork and a nasty jab step pull up(best in the NBA imo), and you got a problem. I'm NOT saying he's a better all around player than Kobe, just that his offensive game is more powerful.he and Kobe are pretty much equally as unguardable, but in different ways.

Originally Posted by denverairforce

Melo's offensive game is more powerful than Kobe. Melo is bigger but more importantly, he's far stronger than his size suggests, so it's that much harder for anybody to guard him. he's also quick as heck for a guy his size. pair the power and quickness with good footwork and a nasty jab step pull up (best in the NBA imo), and you got a problem. I'm NOT saying he's a better all around player than Kobe, just that his offensive game is more powerful. he and Kobe are pretty much equally as unguardable, but in different ways.
Melo's offensive game is more Powerful than Kobe, he is a bigger, stronger player than Kobe, itshould be more powerful.

dahntay jones just picked up his first foul on kobe for gm3
seriously, call shane battier, a former dookie, and ask him for some advice, kb may go for 40 but at least you arent fouling out in the 1st qtr lol

Melo's offensive game is more powerful than Kobe. Melo is bigger but more importantly, he's far stronger than his size suggests, so it's that much harder for anybody to guard him. he's also quick as heck for a guy his size. pair the power and quickness with good footwork and a nasty jab step pull up (best in the NBA imo), and you got a problem. I'm NOT saying he's a better all around player than Kobe, just that his offensive game is more powerful. he and Kobe are pretty much equally as unguardable, but in different ways.
--After watching these past 2 games, I can agree with this. Melo > Kobe.

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

WHOA!!!! Nobody said Melo>Kobe, he said his game was more powerful man! What's wrong with you! Are you serious? You watch two games andMelo>Kobe? WOW! Think about that a minute...

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

WHOA!!!! Nobody said Melo>Kobe, he said his game was more powerful man! What's wrong with you! Are you serious? You watch two games and Melo>Kobe? WOW! Think about that a minute...

--I meant for the series so far. Over the past TWO games. Melo > Kobe. I didnt mean for all time.
laugh.gif

WHOA!!!! Nobody said Melo>Kobe, he said his game was more powerful man! What's wrong with you! Are you serious? You watch two games and Melo>Kobe? WOW! Think about that a minute...

dude calm down man....he said past 2 games

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

dude calm down man....he said past 2 games
I read what he said, he is saying after watching the last two game he thinks Melo>Kobe.

That's what I read, you? And I am calm I just thought it was interesting that he said from the two games he thinks Melo>Kobe, that's just silly.

But now I see he said for the series so far.

Melo's offensive game is more Powerful than Kobe, he is a bigger, stronger player than Kobe, it should be more powerful.
umm, yeah., it seems like you can read. good job!

Is Balkman hurt?

Edit:
May 22 G Renaldo Balkman (sprained right ankle) was injured during warmups in Game 1 of the West final against the Lakers and was inactive for Game 2.
He can guard/bother/foul/body Kobe for 10-12 minutes.

yup, sprained ankle in warm up or practice or something a few days ago. that guy stays getting hurt in practice. poor guy, lol. playing too hard in practiceftl?

that was a nice dunk by ariza, but still it wasn't even close to being as nice as jones' dunk on dampier from the last series. dahntay didn't go upfor the block when ariza dunked it on him, but dampier sure did...

but he's much bigger than jones and he went up for the block, jones still blasted it on his head. ariza dunked on dahntay, but dahntay stayed on the groundand kept his feet set hoping for some kind of offensive foul. point is, dahntay's was more impressive because he posterized a much bigger player. jones isactually smaller than ariza, so it's not as impressive, plus jones didn't go up to block it. but yeah dampier is garbage.

why am i getting the feeling that the lakers are going to play just good enough to squeak out a win in game 3, but come monday the lakers are going to getcomfortable and get violated in the memorial day massacre part 2.

Back
Top Bottom