Official LAKERS VS ROCKETS GAME 1 - MONDAY 5/4 TNT

$%@ did Yao say in his interview??!!!! I didnt understand a damn thang, sounded like he was speaking Mandglish..

i know his English is better than most American folks, but man, that interview was... :?

why are people only mentioning how the laker's players layed an egg
laugh.gif

give some credit to the rockets d.

for all those people who complain about Kobe taking too many jumpers. Do you guys say the same thing when he's making them? Thats his game. Also do younotice that when he does drive it he's crowded by two or three players. He knows basketball better than all of us and knows what to do to be mosteffective.

Aaron Brooks just played really well tonight and the Lakers didn't have a good offensive game and the game was still close throughout.
The Rockets can't play any better and the Lakers can't play much worse and Phil's biggest strength as a coach in the playoffs is the game to gameadjustments that he makes.

So much for the sweep.

Being the underdogs, all Houston has to do is make sure that the amount of games it takes for LA to win is at least 7

So was it the Rockets defense or the Lakers being sloppy/rusty? Maybe a little of both. Gasol missed some shots he nails and Odom just didnt show up. I dontthink only making 2 threes is going to happen again. Rockets did hold them way below their average and got the win so thats all that matters. Not a good way tostart the week at all.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

One last thing, PHIL PLEASE KEEP BYNUM IN THE GAME!!! In case you don't realize that Houston has a legit center and Pau plays like a freaking girl and can't guard the wall of china.

Laker fans stay whining when they get a L.
laugh.gif
dudes looking for any excuse not to say that Houston beat them on both sides of the court. Take the L andcomeback ready to play in game 2.

[ ] Sweep
[ ] Lakers going 4-0 in the regular season like it matters.
[ ] BRoy the best you ever faced Ron? Kobe about to light you up for 50.
[ ] Lebron named MVP today? That's gonna light a fire under Kobe..
[X] Rockets are not the Jazz. They actually play defense. Playing Yao straight up is a mistake. Rockets shell shock LA and steal game 1.

Yesssssssir.

It's gonna be a good series like I said. Rockets did what they needed to do, and steal one to get back homecourt. Game 2 should be good and Kobe will comeout blazing. Hopefully the Rockets can carry over game 1 into game 2 and really make things interesting..

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I think Kobe was a little off because of the defense, but Ariza/Pau/Fish/Bynum all missed shots they normally make. They seemed a little rusty to me.

if we would have lost i would have been studying all night stressed out

thank you rockets
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

Stern wants a Lebron/Kobe Finals I thought though?

What incentive for the refs to give HTown calls?

Even Kobe missing FT's

pimp.gif

Come on franchise.

You know some Laker fans will say that Stern wants to make sure the series go as long as possible to produce ratings/revenue.
laugh.gif

But all jokes aside, one of the things that makes Yao the top center in the L (yes, the TOP) is the fact that son nails his free throws. Dwight, Shaq, Nene,Bogut, Duncan, Camby, Kaman, etc.... None of them are dependable in the clutch. Only Amare and Gasol are even close.

lakers need to come back tougher in game 2. bynum has to be smarter out there, kobe has to get to the free throw line more, and someone needs to stay in frontof brooks.

yao was a beast, brooks had his way against fisher, artest was hitting his shots.

i hate when teams all of a sudden turn their defense up in the last minute, like why didn't you play the kind of defense the whole game?

Back
Top Bottom