Official LAKERS VS ROCKETS GAME 1 - MONDAY 5/4 TNT

Now I can study tonight with a clear head.
laugh.gif

I cant wait until Wednesday, no more finals and more playoff basketball.
pimp.gif

Some how I knew all these Laker fans would come in here and make up excuse if they lost. So you're rusty, so kobe is sick, the officiating was bad...justshut the hell up.
The Rockets did what they needed to do to win. Point blank. And quite frankly we didn't play that great of a game. We had way too many turnovers on keypossessions and
we missed some shots we normally make.

I'm not panicking after this loss, but our "supporting cast" played like crap. Ariza and Fisher missed like 5 open 3's and Gasol had aflashback to last year's Finals.

now kobe decides to drive it in?

The D isn't being as aggressive because fouling Kobe would lead to free throws. Putting Kobe on the line is bad because the Lakers would be scoring w/otime running off the clock and it could lead to other shots falling. He's just taking what they give him.

I'm shocked that Battier was this || close to Kobe all night and rarely fouled him. Someone asked why other people don't play D like that on Kobe,it's because they're not as disciplined, tall, or likely to get the benefit of the doubt from the ref's.

The ball movement was poor and so were their defensive rotations
smh.gif
They just don't move their feet enough. Damn
mad.gif

Lakers played horrible offense.. no flow, unaggresive defense for the most part, settled for too many jumpers hence little free throws, the free throws we didget we missed, and most importantly broke down defensively.

On the flip side.

Rockets disrupted our offense and wore down our defense.

It's only one game and the Lakers deserved to lose. Props to the Rockets... onto Game 2.

Originally Posted by franchise3

[ ] Sweep
[ ] Lakers going 4-0 in the regular season like it matters.
[ ] BRoy the best you ever faced Ron? Kobe about to light you up for 50.
[ ] Lebron named MVP today? That's gonna light a fire under Kobe..
[X] Rockets are not the Jazz. They actually play defense. Playing Yao straight up is a mistake. Rockets shell shock LA and steal game 1.

Yesssssssir.

It's gonna be a good series like I said. Rockets did what they needed to do, and steal one to get back homecourt. Game 2 should be good and Kobe will come out blazing. Hopefully the Rockets can carry over game 1 into game 2 and really make things interesting..

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
you guys are funny
laugh.gif

enjoy it while it lasts

Originally Posted by solefob

for all those people who complain about Kobe taking too many jumpers. Do you guys say the same thing when he's making them? Thats his game. Also do you notice that when he does drive it he's crowded by two or three players. He knows basketball better than all of us and knows what to do to be most effective.

Aaron Brooks just played really well tonight and the Lakers didn't have a good offensive game and the game was still close throughout.
The Rockets can't play any better and the Lakers can't play much worse and Phil's biggest strength as a coach in the playoffs is the game to game adjustments that he makes.
The Rockets didn't exactly play "lights out". That was an average game for them offensively. Scola missed all of the jumpers fromthe elbow that he hit all of the last series. Where were Battier's threes? Wafer was MIA.
Here's the difference: Kobe didn't show up till late in the game. Can't remember the last time I saw D-Fish miss a wide open three pointer. Odumb got plenty of point blank putbacks. Brooks is just a handful, plain and simple.

Originally Posted by therenegade23

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMs

Best playoff in a while.

ohwell.gif

Disagree ?

Lakers in for some is.h
If you mean playoff game in awhile in general, yes I disagree.

Nah, I'm talking about in general.
Bulls-Celtics Game 1, 2, 4 , and 6
Of course those, but you don't like the rest so far ?

for all those people who complain about Kobe taking too many jumpers. Do you guys say the same thing when he's making them? Thats his game. Also do you notice that when he does drive it he's crowded by two or three players. He knows basketball better than all of us and knows what to do to be most effective.

Aaron Brooks just played really well tonight and the Lakers didn't have a good offensive game and the game was still close throughout.
The Rockets can't play any better and the Lakers can't play much worse and Phil's biggest strength as a coach in the playoffs is the game to game adjustments that he makes.
*Points to Game 1 in Portland*

Shut that @#$ up.
grin.gif

Lakers are trash and bums... Rockets got this had my cities back since i was born in the H.. Yao the next coming of olajuwon.. Played like a number 1 pick andbetter superstar than kobe.. H-TOWN allday..

I'm out for tonight and expect this thread to reach at least 90 pages by the morning.
See you Wednesday, and where's Fro B
nerd.gif
?

Originally Posted by N O R E A G A

Laker fans stay whining when they get a L.
laugh.gif
dudes looking for any excuse not to say that Houston beat them on both sides of the court. Take the L and comeback ready to play in game 2.

ohwell.gif
you act like its any different when any other team losses tho its common nature for a fan to complain/ be mad when his team losses aint it?
you diggin for something that aint even there bruh
laugh.gif

Bad game from everyone tonight

Kobe starts driving into the lane at the very end

I should have done my homework instead of watching this trash basketball

If Fisher gets more than 20 minutes a game this series it'll get ugly
he can't guard ANYBODY

Sasha, Ears, and Brown need to get more burn

Lakers just didn't want it enough, and Rockets were hungrier

tired.gif
alien.gif

Originally Posted by blackxme

quite frankly we didn't play that great of a game. We had way too many turnovers on key possessions and
have you been watching your team this year? That is the best they can play. Brooks had a good game, Yao had a good game and Artest was not outof control on offense and was efficient.

It's one game. Rockets fans (and others) are taking every opportunity to make their comments. Savor it.

11% from the arc?
smh.gif

Some how I knew all these Laker fans would come in here and make up excuse if they lost. So you're rusty, so kobe is sick, the officiating was bad...just shut the hell up.
The Rockets did what they needed to do to win. Point blank. And quite frankly we didn't play that great of a game. We had way too many turnovers on key possessions and
I'm sure as hell not. I guarantee you that if the Lakeshow won, half you dudes would be complaining too.

maybe because we swept them in regular season so those dumbhead think this series gonna be easier than the Utah. smh %%@+ im still mad at this game, cant waittill wed

quite frankly we didn't play that great of a game. We had way too many turnovers on key possessions and
have you been watching your team this year? That is the best they can play. Brooks had a good game, Yao had a good game and Artest was not out of control on offense and was efficient.
I know what I'm talking about. Wafer, Scola, Landry, can all elevate they're games. Like I said we didn't execute as I would haveliked.

Back
Top Bottom