Official LAKERS VS ROCKETS GAME 1 - MONDAY 5/4 TNT

Originally Posted by CLuTcH 713

Kobe is dirrrtttyyy

2qtznsx.jpg

didnt see the game. Whats the story behind this sequence of events?

Originally Posted by SURE LOCK 510

lol@ the Lakers bein 'over hyped'

they are! Man most people if you were to ask them they're fav team they say the lakers cause everyone say the lakers, just stupid. Im hoping the Lakers getsmacked in all 5 games.

Now that I've had time for my emotions to settle down and analyze the game a with a clearer head. The Lakers didn't play well at all, now as for theexact reason, it could be just that it was a combination of the Rockets flat out outplaying them and that they were rusty. Also I thought Kobe played rightinto our hands by taking a high volume of shots and when he jacks up alotta shots the Lakers offense is no where near as efficient as it could be. Kobeprobably just thought he had to take it upon himself to win that game. So thanks Kobe. And I think Phil Jackson has to put his ego aside and front Yao( I hopehe doesn't though) but if Philip contiues to play behind Yao, there's no way any of the Lakers' bigs have a chance. Also it is beyond evident howmuch of a mismatch Aaron Brooks is for Fisher, Phil needs to get Farmar some more pt to be able to get somebody who can keep up with A.B. And as far as myRockets go whether you realize it or not Laker fans we didn't play our best game so for anyone who says," Oh the Rockets played their absolute bestgame, they can't replicate this", please be quiet. Several Rockets players who are usually better contributers didn't do anything. Von, Scola,Landry, Shane, all played supbar on the offensive end. Also we had way too many turnovers,16, you can't turn the ball over as much as we did especially inthe fourth. The Rockets can elevate their play just as the Lakers can. But I hope no one thinks this a fluke, the Rockets fans in here continued to tell all you Lakers fans that we were serious, so hopefully you're head has been disinflated, for those of you who had that Shelden Williams syndrome going on. Game2 should be interesting and fun to watch.

Im on the eastern time so i couldn't stay up for the 2nd half of the game but i just had a feeling at halftime the Rockets would win game 1 and sure enoughwhen I woke up they had won.

People been underestimating the Rockets from jump, now imagine if Tmac wasn't sitting out.

Originally Posted by sdfbheat

no mo Artest haircut was fresh....props to his barber....

01_artest_hair.jpg

That looked nice, way to represent! Anyways I love my Dallas Mavericks!!!!

But I got love for H-Town, go Rockets!

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

All you rockets fans sound like the Portland fans before they got beat by the Rockets, saying "Oh the Lakers don't want it with Portland", blah blah blah.

I will look back on this when you get swept and laugh, you all thinking the Rockets can even sniff a win!

Rockets fans think because they beat Portland a team of 5th graders that they can hold a candle to the Lakeshow, think again. You are about to feel the wrath of Kobe's Black Mamba slapping you in the face!
Did this dude really think the Rockets wouldn't be able to "sniff a win"?
tired.gif

This is the playoffs.

Delusional, I tell you.

65? Thas not so bad.
laugh.gif

No excuses, we shoulda played better, gotta give the Rockets credit. I hope they have the Lakers attention now.

Wecan't be missing 3's and free throws like that.
smh.gif
If we imporve that, we should be ok.

Why did Phil insert Jordan Farmar, give him a shot, he hits the 3 at the end of the 3rd, prolly was feelin a little good about himself, and then pull himfor the rest of the game?
ohwell.gif
Come on. And Houston did go small withtheir two little guards at the same time, we shoulda matched with Jordan and Shannon together instead of Sasha. Sasha is pesky, he's tough, but he'snot quick enough for those two guys. Phil needs to look at that.

Gotta win game two, then get back a game in Houston. No other way about it.

Yao Ming is a great sound bite. Dude is hilarious so is Ron.

Kobe was dirty for that play on Shane, didn't have knee him and stuff on the get up LOL.

Derrick is looking old against Brooks.

I think this series is going to get rough.

My Lakers got this in 6. I thought it was going to be in 5, but we will take Games 2,3,5, and 6.
smile.gif

Rockets win game 1, and the line for Game 2 is +9 1/2. The hell? Absolutely no respect for the Rockets.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Thanks to the Rockets now I care about this series more than I did originally. I hope the rest of the Lakers besides Kobe feel the same way because it seemedas though they thought they could go out there and win just by showing up.

I won't complain about the fouls for two reasons:

1. I am used to it already
2. Rockets fans will say the same about the Lakers

Point is when you are looking for the fouls for your own team you see ALL of them. We also turn a blind eye when it comes to our teams fouls. Usually it'sa wash unless the refs are out to get someone. I will say one thing about the officiating that I am sure that nobody can object to...

It's inconsistent, both ways. If you are going to call a fould for someone playing tough defense and hand checking on one end call it on the other. If youwant to change the style of officiating at the half, go for it, just call it both ways. In saying this I am not complaining about one team getting more callsthan another, it's just very hard to gauge how the refs call the game when on the offensive end you get bodies up and on the defensive end if you play thesame you get called for a foul???

I don't get it, but maybe it's not something for the fans to get, or maybe it's something I can't see because i love my team so much. I like tothink I am objectionable, and can make an honest assessment of a game without clouded judgment.

I guess it's like finding out how many licks it takes to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop.....The world may NEVER know.

Anyway that's my rant about the game, I hope game 2 is as good as this one.......without the inconsistencies.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Wow real classy move by Kobe kneeing Battier and elbowing him while he was down.
smh.gif
What an !$$hole.
pimp.gif

it's us against the world...

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!

Back
Top Bottom