Official LAKERS VS ROCKETS GAME 1 - MONDAY 5/4 TNT

Originally Posted by CLuTcH 713

Kobe is dirrrtttyyy

2qtznsx.jpg

This is nothing new. He does this every time someone makes a good defensive move against him.. Remember him kicking Mo Williams in the face at the end of thefirst half when he had the ball stolen earlier this year against the Cavs? An elbow to Manu Ginobili's face when Manu blocked his potentially game winning(or game tying, can't remember) shot a couple of years ago?

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Wow real classy move by Kobe kneeing Battier and elbowing him while he was down.
smh.gif
What an !$$hole.

He was trying to get up and Battier was trying at the same time, their bodies were tangled that's why if you watched the game you notice Kobe went over toBattier and said something immediately after and Battier shook his head yes, like he knew it wasn't intentional.

Come on man you are looking for things not there.

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

Wow real classy move by Kobe kneeing Battier and elbowing him while he was down.
smh.gif
What an !$$hole.

He was trying to get up and Battier was trying at the same time, their bodies were tangled that's why if you watched the game you notice Kobe went over to Battier and said something immediately after and Battier shook his head yes, like he knew it wasn't intentional.

Dude. Stop defending him. Kobe's mean streak is why half love him and half hate him. He was clearly pushing down on Battier there. Might've not beenobvious on that gif but it was obvious live (and on replays).

Oh, as far as Battier. Well, I think Kobe does respect Battier (how can you not? he's a classy dude that doesn't trash talk) so that's why he cameover and said something. I'm sure Battier just shrugged it off as a "sure Kobe.. whatever you say.."

smh.gif
What an !$$hole.

He was trying to get up and Battier was trying at the same time, their bodies were tangled that's why if you watched the game you notice Kobe went over to Battier and said something immediately after and Battier shook his head yes, like he knew it wasn't intentional.

LOL.

Originally Posted by CLuTcH 713

Kobe is dirrrtttyyy

2qtznsx.jpg
roll.gif

I didn't even see this.

But I really don't think Kobe was trying to hurt Shane. I think he just slipped a bit while trying to get up.

It just looks funny.

Originally Posted by blackxme

Now that I've had time for my emotions to settle down and analyze the game a with a clearer head. The Lakers didn't play well at all, now as for the exact reason, it could be just that it was a combination of the Rockets flat out outplaying them and that they were rusty. Also I thought Kobe played right into our hands by taking a high volume of shots and when he jacks up alotta shots the Lakers offense is no where near as efficient as it could be. Kobe probably just thought he had to take it upon himself to win that game. So thanks Kobe. And I think Phil Jackson has to put his ego aside and front Yao( I hope he doesn't though) but if Philip contiues to play behind Yao, there's no way any of the Lakers' bigs have a chance. Also it is beyond evident how much of a mismatch Aaron Brooks is for Fisher, Phil needs to get Farmar some more pt to be able to get somebody who can keep up with A.B. And as far as my Rockets go whether you realize it or not Laker fans we didn't play our best game so for anyone who says," Oh the Rockets played their absolute best game, they can't replicate this", please be quiet. Several Rockets players who are usually better contributers didn't do anything. Von, Scola, Landry, Shane, all played supbar on the offensive end. Also we had way too many turnovers,16, you can't turn the ball over as much as we did especially in the fourth. The Rockets can elevate their play just as the Lakers can. But I hope no one thinks this a fluke, the Rockets fans in here continued to tell all you Lakers fans that we were serious, so hopefully you're head has been disinflated, for those of you who had that Shelden Williams syndrome going on. Game 2 should be interesting and fun to watch.

///Thread

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

smh.gif
What an !$$hole.

Dude. Stop defending him. Kobe's mean streak is why half love him and half hate him. He was clearly pushing down on Battier there. Might've not been obvious on that gif but it was obvious live (and on replays).

Oh, as far as Battier. Well, I think Kobe does respect Battier (how can you not? he's a classy dude that doesn't trash talk) so that's why he came over and said something. I'm sure Battier just shrugged it off as a "sure Kobe.. whatever you say.."
I am not defending anybody but basketball fans gotta stop with this, people get tangled up and stuff happens like that. Had it happened the otherway I would feel the same.

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

Now that I've had time for my emotions to settle down and analyze the game a with a clearer head. The Lakers didn't play well at all, now as for the exact reason, it could be just that it was a combination of the Rockets flat out outplaying them and that they were rusty. Also I thought Kobe played right into our hands by taking a high volume of shots and when he jacks up alotta shots the Lakers offense is no where near as efficient as it could be. Kobe probably just thought he had to take it upon himself to win that game. So thanks Kobe. And I think Phil Jackson has to put his ego aside and front Yao( I hope he doesn't though) but if Philip contiues to play behind Yao, there's no way any of the Lakers' bigs have a chance. Also it is beyond evident how much of a mismatch Aaron Brooks is for Fisher, Phil needs to get Farmar some more pt to be able to get somebody who can keep up with A.B. And as far as my Rockets go whether you realize it or not Laker fans we didn't play our best game so for anyone who says," Oh the Rockets played their absolute best game, they can't replicate this", please be quiet. Several Rockets players who are usually better contributers didn't do anything. Von, Scola, Landry, Shane, all played supbar on the offensive end. Also we had way too many turnovers,16, you can't turn the ball over as much as we did especially in the fourth. The Rockets can elevate their play just as the Lakers can. But I hope no one thinks this a fluke, the Rockets fans in here continued to tell all you Lakers fans that we were serious, so hopefully you're head has been disinflated, for those of you who had that Shelden Williams syndrome going on. Game 2 should be interesting and fun to watch.

///Thread
Notice when Kobe jacked up a lot of shots, he didn't do that until he realized his guys were not hitting their open shots so he took over likeany Great player would. I am sure if you watched the game you can see that. He is the reason we were close and didn't lose by 20.

smh.gif
What an !$$hole.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
typical lakers fan

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

///Thread
Notice when Kobe jacked up a lot of shots, he didn't do that until he realized his guys were not hitting their open shots so he took over like any Great player would. I am sure if you watched the game you can see that. He is the reason we were close and didn't lose by 20.
i agree. kobe was the reason why the lakers didnt lose by 20+. Rockets had good D but not Great D. honestly, how many WIDE open shots did thelakers miss in the first half? LOTS, those fall in and its a whole 'nother ball game. im not worried, we were SUPER rusty in this game. even their passeswere off

smh.gif
What an !$$hole.

Dude. Stop defending him. Kobe's mean streak is why half love him and half hate him. He was clearly pushing down on Battier there. Might've not been obvious on that gif but it was obvious live (and on replays).

Oh, as far as Battier. Well, I think Kobe does respect Battier (how can you not? he's a classy dude that doesn't trash talk) so that's why he came over and said something. I'm sure Battier just shrugged it off as a "sure Kobe.. whatever you say.."
I am not defending anybody but basketball fans gotta stop with this, people get tangled up and stuff happens like that. Had it happened the other way I would feel the same.

LOL

smh.gif
What an !$$hole.

I am not defending anybody but basketball fans gotta stop with this, people get tangled up and stuff happens like that. Had it happened the other way I would feel the same.

I don't even have anything to say, I just wanted to be like everybody else and quote you one time. You pretty popular in here.
laugh.gif

Rockets fans think because they beat Portland a team of 5th graders that they can hold a candle to the Lakeshow, think again. You are about to feel the wrath of Kobe's Black Mamba slapping you in the face!
LOL. I didn't read this before.
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

Rockets fans think because they beat Portland a team of 5th graders that they can hold a candle to the Lakeshow, think again. You are about to feel the wrath of Kobe's Black Mamba slapping you in the face!
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Why do you think I put that reply about the
sick.gif
grin.gif
alien.gif
and
indifferent.gif
for?
laugh.gif
I figured someone woulda found it.

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I never read past the part when he said the Rockets wouldn't sniff a win.
laugh.gif
I am quite sure that last quote was past the part where I said the Rockets wouldn't sniff a win.

Originally Posted by Koopa2410

Originally Posted by MJsaver

LAKER fan yes.

KNOBE fan yes.

BUT I DONT LIKE THIS MATCHUP

1. HOU has 2 great defenders
2. L.A. lacks intensity sometimes. [ hou is scrappy]
3. last but def not least YAO is.........well YAO!!

I'M ON PINS N NEEDLES ON THIS SERIES.
i was rooting hard for portland.
co-sign. it def won't be an easy series....but i believe in my lakers.
pimp.gif

THE QUOTE ABOVE IS FOR ROCKETS FANS....

Just to show that there are laker fans on NT who follow the sport, and know what theyre watching.
People who watch the games and not reg season records knew the ROCKETS would be trouble.
I WOULD MUCH RATHER HAVE PLAYED PORTLAND, because they dont have the battle tested vets that HOU has.[ or yao, ron, & shane]
And yes im aware of our Rose Garden troubles, but this isnt the reg sesaon.

WITH ALL THAT BEING SAID..........

IT AINT OVER......

HOPEFULLY L.A. COMES READY 2 PLAY & LEAVES THE CUTE s#$@ IN THE LOCKER ROOM!!!
mad.gif

Kobe got mad and had to get dirty cuz battier was bout to steal the ball from him right there.. He was mad cuz he got guarded real tight by battier he did histhing in the first half on him.. Made them miss lots of shots thats what we need to do..

Originally Posted by Koopa2410

LAKER fan yes.

KNOBE fan yes.

BUT I DONT LIKE THIS MATCHUP

1. HOU has 2 great defenders
2. L.A. lacks intensity sometimes. [ hou is scrappy]
3. last but def not least YAO is.........well YAO!!

I'M ON PINS N NEEDLES ON THIS SERIES.
i was rooting hard for portland.
co-sign. it def won't be an easy series....but i believe in my lakers.
pimp.gif

THE QUOTE ABOVE IS FOR ROCKETS FANS....

Just to show that there are laker fans on NT who follow the sport, and know what theyre watching.
People who watch the games and not reg season records knew the ROCKETS would be trouble.
I WOULD MUCH RATHER HAVE PLAYED PORTLAND, because they dont have the battle tested vets that HOU has.[ or yao, ron, & shane]
And yes im aware of our Rose Garden troubles, but this isnt the reg sesaon.

WITH ALL THAT BEING SAID..........

IT AINT OVER......

HOPEFULLY L.A. COMES READY 2 PLAY & LEAVES THE CUTE s#$@ IN THE LOCKER ROOM!!!
mad.gif
It's called trash talking man. It doesn't mean that I don't think Houston is a good team, if they weren't they wouldn't be inthe playoffs and they wouldn't have beaten a good Portland team. The Rockets without T-Mac are a better team because they are focused and see theadvantages of what got them there, and that is their defense. They have a great defense, one of the best in the league.

I may mess around and joke about the Rockets not having a chance and all this stuff but it's all in fun and I am sure Rockets fans know this, it makes thisthread interesting. Who else would you have to quote if everyone just posted what they know to be true but don't post how they feel in their heart.

I love my Lakers just like the Rockets fans love their Rockets. I guarantee if the Lakers were the underdogs the Rockets fans would be saying the same thingthe lakers fans say, because fans are fans!

Anyway Rockets suck and won't sniff another win and Lakers are the best team in the world. Farmar is the best player in the league, better than Kobe andLebron, I am pretty sure he scored 40 with UCLA. If Artest can do it I can too!
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom