Official LAKERS VS ROCKETS GAME 1 - MONDAY 5/4 TNT

Originally Posted by krapjnad

derek fisher sucks. he is the most overrated player in the history of the nba. yeah, i said it. he can't make anything inside of 5 feet, sucks on defense, and takes bad shots. he is the definition of "fake hustle".
Stopped reading there.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

Off the bat, my dudes solefob and soychulo has had some pretty good insight on this game. Props.
pimp.gif
In this series, I'm just a basketball fan. Neither team played to their potential. Tonight Houston's starters half-effort was betterthan the Laker's half-effort. LA outrebounded the Rockets and the bench out-scored the Rockets. They also got up 15 more field goal attempts thanHouston.

Originally Posted by 18key

derek fisher sucks. he is the most overrated player in the history of the nba. yeah, i said it. he can't make anything inside of 5 feet, sucks on defense, and takes bad shots. he is the definition of "fake hustle".
Stopped reading there.
"a lucky shot deserves a lucky shot."

i hope you even know who said that.

True, but the speediness of Brooks breaking down the D and getting in the paint is a cause of concern for Phil. Obviously DFish can't keep up. I'meager to see how Phil adjusts. Farmar? I think a lot of LAL fans cringe at that thought. Brown? Is he ready for big minutes? We'll see..

Bottomline, and all bias aside, Yao is unstoppable when the Rockets can get him the entry pass. Dude got position, kicked it out, re-established position, anddid work. I think Phil should go the Portland route and front, making the rest of the Rockets role players play the games of their lives in order to beat you.

i kind of expected it. i didnt think we would be able to come out and play well after having been off for a week

I'm far from a Rockets fan, but I'm SO glad they defeated LA.
They have all of Hollywood shook right at this moment.....
laugh.gif

This will be a very interesting series.

PO

I don't think people should be surprised since the lakers showed tendencies like this during the season as well.

Phil Jackson should get a lot of the blame too. Seemed like the lakers were shocked at what the rockets threw at them.

can't wait til wednesday. hope we steal another one and get to listen to all the crying for another few days

Originally Posted by tupac003

derek fisher sucks. he is the most overrated player in the history of the nba. yeah, i said it. he can't make anything inside of 5 feet, sucks on defense, and takes bad shots. he is the definition of "fake hustle". he acts like he works hard, but he just tries to sell fouls and "hustles" himself out of position on defense. he gets praised for his leadership, professionalism, and for being clutch, but i'd rather have a good basketball player. (and yes, i've been saying this since 1996)

i don't think lamar understands that a freethrow is actually worth a point and that a 20-foot jumper is not worth 3 points.

kobe does not "have a good pulse on the game." if he's the best player on the planet, why doesn't he drive to the effin' basket? 31 shots? how many were inside the key? maybe 4. the ball just stops with him ever since game 4 in the utah series. imagine if he played the game the right way.

phil sucks for not recognizing the fact that derek fisher has no business getting any minutes in this series. i dont care if fisher has played a million playoff games... he can't guard aaron brooks or kyle lowry. and WHY HAVE I NEVER SEEN ANDREW, PAU, AND LAMAR ON THE COURT AT THE SAME TIME? EVER.

and pau is still soft, but at least his shortcomings aren't mental.
laugh.gif

Come on. Really?

I know fisher had a bad game but the most overrated player in NBA history?

I know us laker fans are a bit saltly tonight but damn...

I think you got the costco size lawrys.
do you not cringe everytime he drives to the hoop? everytime he does that inside-out dribble pull-up jumper? everytime he is guarding someone onan island? everytime he is about to run into a pick-n-roll?

he's overrated in the sense that he gets so much praise from doug collins, hubie brown, etc. but he is not that good. he couldn't get through a screenin the 90s, so he basically learned how to flail his arms to draw an illegal screen call. how is he better than... earl watson? other than being the"consummate professional?"

Not sure if anyone said this because I havent read any of the thread, but the reason we lose is because kobe bryant is the ONLY player on theteam who wants to win a championship.

Not one other player on that team wants to win. I said this when we got him and I'll say it again, when we traded for Pau, we should havetraded for Ron Artest instead.

Im out, see you Wednesday.

Brooks needs to stay aggressive, he can't be like he was in the Portland series and be aggressive one game and passive the next. I just hope Yao's kneewill be fine for game 2. We played nowhere near a perfect game but I'm proud of our effort. I expect Landry/Wafer to step it up and Hayes will be a hugedefensive asset against LA, he can hold his own in the paint for being only 6'5"

i just hate how kobe decides to drive at the end of games. this fool needs to attack at all times lol. 1-7 at 3pt aint gon cut it

YESSIR! THE ROC BOYS WERE IN THE BUILDING TONIGHT(HOV was too)!...

HUGE WIN! Tommorow at Toyota Center should be a fun day of work, and hopefully a big day of sales for us account reps... goin to bed...

can't wait for Game 2!

I BELIEVE!!!!

Originally Posted by TheFoteenth

Not sure if anyone said this because I havent read any of the thread, but the reason we lose is because kobe bryant is the ONLY player on the team who wants to win a championship.

Not one other player on that team wants to win. I said this when we got him and I'll say it again, when we traded for Pau, we should have traded for Ron Artest instead.

Im out, see you Wednesday.
is that why even vujacic played better defense than him today? I don't think you are that hungry when you play complacent and settle
we will see how hungry he is on wednesday
cause at the end of the day I can't say that he gave everything he had today...at least it did not seem like it

Back
Top Bottom