Official Lakers vs. Spurs 5/27 Game 4 9:00 ET on TNT

For everyone who so desperately wants the foul called on Barry, how come you don't blame the refs for the shot clock violation on Fishers shot? How comeyou guys aren't going as hard on that play not more then 3 seconds earlier then the no call?

I guess it's ok to go hard for the call you want, and ignore the call that gets in your way of making your point, right?
wink.gif

I am loving all the Laker HATE in here. WoOOO HOOO its definitely feeling like 2000-2002 all over again. AHH can't wait for the Laker Parade.
smile.gif

last yr's finals, bowen fouling lebron on the last second 3pt attempt no calls either... that's consistency for you... but both should've beencalled.

Yeah yeah. There was a foul at the end of the game.

YES! Fisher's shot hit the time. We all know the clock should have been reset.

NO! Odom's bloack was not a goaltend.

YES! Duncan's dunk was an obvious travel.

YES! Bowen flopped and gets a foul from Farmar?!

YES! If not for the refs, the game should have easily been a blow out!! 29 shots by Kobe = zero freethrow? Odom and Fisher in foul trouble?

Come on now. It's not about the ratings. It's not about conspiracy theories. BOTTOM LINE is that the Lakers are better than theSpurs.

Originally Posted by SA AMG

Originally Posted by NyRapisBack

laugh.gif
@ the comedy of this thread.

Funny thing tho, is that no one is talking about the obvious travel by Kobe which would have gave the ball back to San Antonio preventing all that "the ball hit the rim" nonsense. If you don't know what I'm talking about, just wait for the ESPN highlights. its before he takes the shot when ginobili is guarding him. But props to the Lakers anyway because the Spurs had a million opportunities to take the lead but failed. But at the same time, that doesn't automatically rule out that Fisher-contact wasn't a foul.

Anyway, anyone know how much it'd cost to get a custom #24 Los Angeles Rapers Jersey?
Yea and Duncan obviously took two steps on that running dunk he got
indifferent.gif

Fall the @#!$ back hater. Everyone knows the officials missed ALOT of calls tonight. Stop trying to point out ones that sportscenter focuses on.

laugh.gif
@ u gettin emotional becuz u obviously kno the truth. Had it been the rapist taking that three, he would have been at the foul line, plain and simple.

^ right, just like all the other times he was at the line in that game
eyes.gif

I'm curious to know what the Laker haters would complain about if that last play never happened.

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

^ right, just like all the other times he was at the line in that game
eyes.gif

I'm curious to know what the Laker haters would complain about if that last play never happened.

same thing we complained about the other two losses: Spurs offense was stagnant, Manu didnt show up, and the Lakers outplayed them.

I dunno maybe im diff but i dont recall anyone complaining about the other two spurs losses. they were clearly outplayed in both minus the game that theSpurs game up the 20 point lead in which case they couldnt do anything offensively the 4th quarter.

something tells me this discussion is going to carry over past game 5
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Slow Motion G35

lets look at this No-Call

but lets count the steps....first before he dribbles or there is contact....if you count 2

yup...definitely No-Call

his right was the pivot when he caught it....its lifted before the contact

traveling No-Call

Ok this vid is great. First, yes Barry did travel. Are the refs going to call that when it is down to the wire? No.

Ok, now on to the potential foul. This is where the official's have to be consistent. Yes, there was contact on Barry. But it was, in no way, a shootingfoul. Why? After the contact, Barry put one more dribble down on the floor, therefore negating the continuation of the shot. However, if the Lakers were in thepenalty (I am going to assume they were, didn't pay attention to the foul situation near the end), Barry would be going to the line for two shots, to sendthe game into overtime.

But my opinion, the refs made the right no call in both situations. You could debate that the contact forced Barry to travel. Some may argue that with that, itbecomes a no-call situation, which is exactly what happened. My opinion, is that regardless if one OR the other happened, it is still a no call situation, thatlate in the game. Now, if Fisher freakin tackled him, thats another story. If Barry sold the call, that would be another story. But after the contact, Barryshowed that he had the ability to get past and get a shot off. Therefore, on that one particular play, there was no advantage/disadvantage given to either theoffensive for defensive player, allowing a situation for a no call and to play on.

At least, thats how I am looking at it.

Lakers have a chance to close the series out at home in game 5. Lakers better pounce on them quick to make their life easy.

Nice win by the Lakers
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

So basically it was a foul, but officials don't call and shouldn't call fouls like that to end the game word to Bowen and LeBron from last year.
If he had made the call this thread would turn out like that Lakers/Warriors thread where everyone agreed you don't make calls like that to end the game(Fisher's flop), Acid knows what I'm talking about lol

Kobe hasn't been aggressive(in terms of getting to the hoop) this series, but I think that has more to do with SA's D.
If there is anything that has been consistent this postseason is that the home team is getting the benefit of the doubt every game, it's been like that for almost every game.

Just my 2 cents

Nope, so basically it was a travel before the foul, therefor lakers win.
Originally Posted by CP1708

Well, the ending ruined my more then happy chance to have a game where the refs clearly did not favor the Lakers at all, and then the last play happens.
smh.gif

Let's see.......we had Odom and Walton and Gasol getting murdered under the hoop in I think the second quarter, not one foul called, ball gets outletted to Parker who runs to the other end, Farmar backs AWAY from him to avoid contact and they call the and 1 anyways. Advantage: Spurs

Duncan runs 37 steps and dunks, no whistle. Advantage: Spurs

Walton leans back and Horry falls and slides 4 feet, foul on Walton. Advantage: Spurs

Duncan runs full speed into Odom who was planted on the both feet, foul on Odom. Advantage: Spurs

Kobe shoots 29 times and is grabbed, held, pushed, thrown every single possesion of the game, zero free throws. Advantage: Spurs

Odom blocks Parker's shot at the rim, called a goal tending. Advantage: Spurs

Fisher nicks the rim on a shot, ball goes off Horry outabounds, should be new shot clock, Spurs will have to foul Kobe, clock does not get reset. Advantage: Spurs.

Barry Pump fakes Fish in the air, there is contact, no call. Advantage: Lakers.

Had that been Ginobili rather then Barry, they carry him out on a stretcher, and make no mistake they make that call. Manu would have landed near Doug Collins. Barry just didn't sell it
If I missed anything, please let me know, I care.
I'd say that if the refs did not help the Spurs out just a little, they would be no where near 2 points at the end of the game to even get that last second chance. Anyone blaming the refs for the Spurs loss is just sad.

Bottom line is this, in 4 out of the last 6 PLAYOFF games, including games IN UTAH and IN SAN ANTONIO, the Lakers have led wire to wire. 4 out of 6. That is remarkable.

The Spurs are a great team, and a great franchise. They are a class orgaization even though I hate their flopping tactics, they make no excuses. Props to them for being the warriors they are. This series is going 7 games, I just have that feeling.
frown.gif

Barry fakes Fish in the air, travels, then there is contact, no call. Advantage: Spurs

Spurs almost stole the game from MANY miss calls and no calls... they had the advantage.

lol @ the "nope becuz this was a travel" etc. like i said, KOBE traveled before he got the pass off leading to the "hitting the rim"rubbish meaning had he been called way back when, none of this other discssion about barry traveling would have occurred because the Spurs would have had 15seconds to get off the shot.

Lakers won, Spurs lost, lots of calls weren't made. Just move on to game 5 lol. We can all bring up instances of where fouls should have been called. Theonly problem I have is people denying that Barry was fouled. But it doesnt matter because the Spurs were outplayed and had several opportunities to take thelead and they choked.

Originally Posted by JAYMATIK

Yeah yeah. There was a foul at the end of the game.

YES! Fisher's shot hit the time. We all know the clock should have been reset.

NO! Odom's bloack was not a goaltend.

YES! Duncan's dunk was an obvious travel.

YES! Bowen flopped and gets a foul from Farmar?!

YES! If not for the refs, the game should have easily been a blow out!! 29 shots by Kobe = zero freethrow? Odom and Fisher in foul trouble?

Come on now. It's not about the ratings. It's not about conspiracy theories. BOTTOM LINE is that the Lakers are better than the Spurs.

Quoted for emphasis.

The officiating has been very poor but had the refs made all the right calls, the Lakers would have still had this game, imo.
The right team won the game
happy.gif

that was a horribly officiated game in the last 2 minutes. if you call a bump in the 1st quarter, then you call a bump with 2.1 seconds left. however, the gameshould have not even gotten to that point b/c that fisher shot clearly hit the rim RIGHT IN FRONT of the ref on the baseline. better team won anyways.

NyRapisBack:
lol @ the "nope becuz this was a travel" etc. like i said, KOBE traveled before he got the pass off leading to the "hitting the rim" rubbish meaning had he been called way back when, none of this other discssion about barry traveling would have occurred because the Spurs would have had 15 seconds to get off the shot.
Nope, because the shot people are saying hit the rim even though the refs say it didnt was NOT the shot Kobe took; it was the shot Fisher tookbefore that.

- Fisher shot a shot that grazed the rim, went downwards, and off of Horry's leg. There is 5 seconds left in the game and like 1.2 seconds left on theclock.
- Lakers inbound the ball to Kobe, who barely hits the rim. THIS is the shot that you think everyone is talking about, but it's not.

the shot BEFORE, Fisher hit the rim, then it went off of Horry's leg. So we should have had the ball with 5 seconds left in the game, meaning the Spurswould have obviously fouled us, and that would be that. But instead, the refs said Fisher's shot DIDN'T hit the rim, so we had the ball and 1.2 (orwhatever) seconds left).

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

NyRapisBack:
lol @ the "nope becuz this was a travel" etc. like i said, KOBE traveled before he got the pass off leading to the "hitting the rim" rubbish meaning had he been called way back when, none of this other discssion about barry traveling would have occurred because the Spurs would have had 15 seconds to get off the shot.
Nope, because the shot people are saying hit the rim even though the refs say it didnt was NOT the shot Kobe took; it was the shot Fisher took before that.

- Fisher shot a shot that grazed the rim, went downwards, and off of Horry's leg. There is 5 seconds left in the game and like 1.2 seconds left on the clock.
- Lakers inbound the ball to Kobe, who barely hits the rim. THIS is the shot that you think everyone is talking about, but it's not.

the shot BEFORE, Fisher hit the rim, then it went off of Horry's leg. So we should have had the ball with 5 seconds left in the game, meaning the Spurs would have obviously fouled us, and that would be that. But instead, the refs said Fisher's shot DIDN'T hit the rim, so we had the ball and 1.2 (or whatever) seconds left).

Right. with about 7 seconds to go Fisher took a shot, it grazed the rim, went off Horry's leg, the shotclock was not reset, Kobe tried to go for ashot, didn't work, TD grabs the rebound and they call for time.

It all evened out, I don't really see why everyone's upset. Spurs had PLENTY of opportunities to win this game, the Lakers pulled it out. If theSpurs or anyone else is complaining, they need to re-watch that fourth quarter, the # of opportunities they had were endless.

How is this debate still going on...

SPURS FANS-your team was classy enough to accept what happened and blame themselves not the refs please do the same.

LAKERS FANS-rim grazing, traveling, goaltending... who cares. We got the W lets look ahead to closing it out in game 5.

Originally Posted by SA AMG

laugh.gif
@ the comedy of this thread.

Funny thing tho, is that no one is talking about the obvious travel by Kobe which would have gave the ball back to San Antonio preventing all that "the ball hit the rim" nonsense. If you don't know what I'm talking about, just wait for the ESPN highlights. its before he takes the shot when ginobili is guarding him. But props to the Lakers anyway because the Spurs had a million opportunities to take the lead but failed. But at the same time, that doesn't automatically rule out that Fisher-contact wasn't a foul.

Anyway, anyone know how much it'd cost to get a custom #24 Los Angeles Rapers Jersey?
Yea and Duncan obviously took two steps on that running dunk he got
indifferent.gif

Fall the @#!$ back hater. Everyone knows the officials missed ALOT of calls tonight. Stop trying to point out ones that sportscenter focuses on.

laugh.gif
@ u gettin emotional becuz u obviously kno the truth. Had it been the rapist taking that three, he would have been at the foul line, plain and simple.

laugh.gif
Yeah because Kobe has been getting ALL the calls this series. That is why he went to the line... oh... can't erase your post now.

^ So after winning 1 of the first 4 games, the Spurs are going to win ALL of the last 3 games?
nerd.gif

That's certainly a bold prediction.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom