Official Lakers vs. Spurs 5/27 Game 4 9:00 ET on TNT

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

Other facts are that Odom didn't goal tend Parker's shot and Fisher's shot hit the rim.

We don't know how the outcome of the game would have changed had either of those calls been made correctly and we don't know what would have happened had the ref's called the foul on Fisher.

Maybe Barry chokes and misses on of the two giving the win to the Lakers.

Maybe he misses one of two and it gets tipped back in giving the Spurs a win in regulation.

Maybe he makes two and the Spurs win in overtime. Maybe they lose in overtime.

The "bad calls on both ends" or "calls evening out" cliches are easier to accept when they all happened during the last handful of plays in the game. We're not referring to a 3 at the half that shouldn't have counted or a supposed travel in the first quarter. We're referring to the previous possession.

You can't argue with these guys. Just because you're a Laker fan means that you are wrong. Yet it is ok to be a hater; jealousy at it'sfinest. Phil summed it up best, Lakers should have had the ball back with a full clock and went up 4, no chance to tie.

They didn't call a foul on Bobby Jackson the year he un-tucked Kobe's jersey for him.
I still remember that in game 5 of the wcf in 2002

no wonder kobe said "no foul"

if that was not a foul by jackson than this wasn't one by fisher

Originally Posted by NyRapisBack

Anyway, anyone know how much it'd cost to get a custom #24 Los Angeles Rapers Jersey?
only a kkk member would be caught dead in a jersey like that.... either that or a dork obsessed with that white chick who accused him of rape...

Originally Posted by jretro23

nofoul.gif

good looks on whoever made this but they didnt include the obvious stone face he held for like 20 seconds before the interview as u can see at the start ofthe clip

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Again, calling the foul on the dribble would be like calling a hand checking foul with half a second left.

You watch a lot of basketball, do you really expect ref's to call those type of fouls?

You can sleep without any worries, Lakers fans. Looks like $tern already gave the orders to his troops about who should win the championship this year.

check the sig
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

Other facts are that Odom didn't goal tend Parker's shot and Fisher's shot hit the rim.

We don't know how the outcome of the game would have changed had either of those calls been made correctly and we don't know what would have happened had the ref's called the foul on Fisher.

Maybe he misses one of two and it gets tipped back in giving the Spurs a win in regulation.

The "bad calls on both ends" or "calls evening out" cliches are easier to accept when they all happened during the last handful of plays in the game. We're not referring to a 3 at the half that shouldn't have counted or a supposed travel in the first quarter. We're referring to the previous possession.

You can't argue with these guys. Just because you're a Laker fan means that you are wrong. Yet it is ok to be a hater; jealousy at it's finest. Phil summed it up best, Lakers should have had the ball back with a full clock and went up 4, no chance to tie.
seriously man. all these non-laker fans are just jealous their team isn't on the verge of going to the NBA Finals! OMG the lakers are the best teamon the planet! these dudes are straight up haters, they don't like us because we're so damn good, even though we're always right. if we aren'tleading a game by more than 5 points the refs are seriously hating on us, man. like, seriously.
tony parker falls down all the time when he gets a layup and gets cheap foul calls, ginobili flops so much, boozer pushes off on every rebound, bowen is adirty player, we should be annihilating the spurs. but we don't need to realize that our players do the same thing in order to win, do we? fisher flops,but who cares? kobe complains to the refs but who cares? why? because we're the lakers! we're the high and mighty lakers!! [dj khaled] WE THEBEST!!!![/dj khaled]

Alright i'm going to sleep.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

You can't argue with these guys. Just because you're a Laker fan means that you are wrong. Yet it is ok to be a hater; jealousy at it's finest. Phil summed it up best, Lakers should have had the ball back with a full clock and went up 4, no chance to tie.
seriously man. all these non-laker fans are just jealous their team isn't on the verge of going to the NBA Finals! OMG the lakers are the best team on the planet! these dudes are straight up haters, they don't like us because we're so damn good, even though we're always right. if we aren't leading a game by more than 5 points the refs are seriously hating on us, man. like, seriously.
tony parker falls down all the time when he gets a layup and gets cheap foul calls, ginobili flops so much, boozer pushes off on every rebound, bowen is a dirty player, we should be annihilating the spurs. but we don't need to realize that our players do the same thing in order to win, do we? fisher flops, but who cares? kobe complains to the refs but who cares? why? because we're the lakers! we're the high and mighty lakers!! [dj khaled] WE THE BEST!!!![/dj khaled]

Alright i'm going to sleep.
laugh.gif
Point proven.

I'm not sure how anybody that isn't a Laker fan can be complaining about the officiating. One call doesn't determine the game, and before the lastshot, the officiating was heavily slanted towards the Spurs. It's how they got back into the game in the first quarter.

And sorry any Spurs fans, but your team is composed of the biggest whiners I've ever seen. Every play that doesn't end up their way they cry about notgetting a whistle. It gets old.

The same ones that complain about the no-call, hate it when a game is decided by the Ref sending someone to the line for game winning free throws.
Thats when the ref conspiracy theories pop up, or someones on the take.

San Antonio whining is more than any other team, its just that we see them more in the playoffs. The Suns feel the entire NBA is against them lol. Detroitcomplains alot and so do teams that suck like the Nets
laugh.gif

I still don't see how that's clearly a block but I how he probably got did it BUT with the naked eye it looks like a goaltend BUT on the replay it doeslook clean.

I still want to this Kobe travel and the Derek Fisher shot hitting the rim.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Whatever, a WINS a WIN!

But, Lakers should have lost that game.

what are you talking about?

What I'm talking about is Pau's 2 missed FT's.

What I'm talking about is Kobe's attack to the basket, when he should have dribbled it back out, but he shot a forced shot with time to kill on the clock.

What I'm talking about everyone in the building knowing Brent Barry was going to hit that 3, and yet Brent gets a wide opened 3 to put them down by 2.

What I'm talking about is Derek Fisher's lucky NO call foul on Barry. Lord knows if that was Kobe Bryant and he got Manu to bump him like that, we would have cried foul.

But like I said, a wins a win.

And what about:

Fisher's shot hitting the rim but the shot clock not being reset.

Ginobilli's foot on the line on that 3.

Lamar's block on Parker that was called a goal tend.

Barry's travel.

People could be at this for weeks going both ways.
laugh.gif
Just adding morefuel to the fire.
laugh.gif

Better be ready to stand by those words. It was agreed it was a foul; point being is there were MANY questionable calls the other way. What is pathetic is some chump judging Laker fans because he can't handle a basketball team (Lakers) winning and has to get all aggressive and stupid about it.

Ah, the classic "bad calls on both ends" excuse. You always hear these from a guy whose team won the game on a bad call, or in this case no-call, so that he doesn't feel guilty about getting the W handed to him by the refs. There isn't a single basketball game in history that was reffed to perfection, so you can always use this excuse. [color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]But not a call that was this obvious..[/color] and this was the last play of the game. Unlike game 2, this wasn't some game where a single call didn't make a lot of difference. The Lakers won this game because of the refs actions on the very last play. The fact is that Brent Barry is a 95% free throw shooter this season and that what Fisher did was a foul.

sure
laugh.gif
every no-call/blown call is the worst in nba history..untilthe next one

*PurpleReign: Manu's 3 was legit, I posted a picture maybe 2-4 pages back of a still shot.

Anyways, lets stop this bickering and talk about Vanessa's pink tutu.

Ah, the classic "bad calls on both ends" excuse. You always hear these from a guy whose team won the game on a bad call, or in this case no-call, so that he doesn't feel guilty about getting the W handed to him by the refs. There isn't a single basketball game in history that was reffed to perfection, so you can always use this excuse. But not a call that was this obvious.. and this was the last play of the game. Unlike game 2, this wasn't some game where a single call didn't make a lot of difference. The Lakers won this game because of the refs actions on the very last play. The fact is that Brent Barry is a 95% free throw shooter this season and that what Fisher did was a foul.
Obvious?
roll.gif
You're such a hater, guy. You refuse to sayanything negative about LeBron, positive about Kobe, or positive about the Lakers. And Im not saying you need to change those things. I'm just pinting outthat those things are so freaking obvious with you, like you don't even attempt to hide it.

But then you actually expect to be taken seriously, like the thigs you throw out there are seriously being chewed on by anyone.
laugh.gif

No.

If the call was so obvious, why did 2 Hall of Famers agree that it shouldn't have been called? If it was obvious, why did Pop, TimmyD, and Barry (the guythat shot it!
laugh.gif
) all agree that a foul shouldn't be called in thatsituation?

Now on that last point, about the Spurs, I have a feeling you're going to answer with something like 'Well they all said that because Pop probably toldeveryone in the locker room after that game to leave that play alone, and not whine about it.'

That's a fine response, except one thing: if the play were OBVIOUS, there's no way he would tell them that. You used a Ray Lewis example earlier, soI'll run with that. If Fish had Ray Lewis-ed Brent and no call was made, the Spurs would be HEATED in post-game interviews. You know it. And they'd beheated because the call was obvious.

Wait, why am I even responding to you like there's even a remote possibility that you'll see things objectively, and actually agree with something thatis on the Lakers' side of things?
roll.gif
That's just flat out notgoing to happen, so let me go ahead and let you go ahead and hate.
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Well, the ending ruined my more then happy chance to have a game where the refs clearly did not favor the Lakers at all, and then the last play happens.
smh.gif

Let's see.......we had Odom and Walton and Gasol getting murdered under the hoop in I think the second quarter, not one foul called, ball gets outlettedto Parker who runs to the other end, Farmar backs AWAY from him to avoid contact and they call the and 1 anyways. Advantage: Spurs

Duncan runs 37 steps and dunks, no whistle. Advantage: Spurs

Walton leans back and Horry falls and slides 4 feet, foul on Walton. Advantage: Spurs

Duncan runs full speed into Odom who was planted on the both feet, foul on Odom. Advantage: Spurs

Kobe shoots 29 times and is grabbed, held, pushed, thrown every single possesion of the game, zero free throws. Advantage: Spurs

Odom blocks Parker's shot at the rim, called a goal tending. Advantage: Spurs

Fisher nicks the rim on a shot, ball goes off Horry outabounds, should be new shot clock, Spurs will have to foul Kobe, clock does not get reset. Advantage:Spurs.

Barry Pump fakes Fish in the air, there is contact, no call. Advantage: Lakers.

Had that been Ginobili rather then Barry, they carry him out on a stretcher, and make no mistake they make that call. Manu would have landed near DougCollins. Barry just didn't sell it
If I missed anything, please let me know, I care.
I'd say that if the refs did not help the Spurs out just a little, they would be no where near 2 points at the end of the game to even get that last secondchance. Anyone blaming the refs for the Spurs loss is just sad.

Bottom line is this, in 4 out of the last 6 PLAYOFF games, including games IN UTAH and IN SAN ANTONIO, the Lakers have led wire to wire. 4 out of 6. That isremarkable.

The Spurs are a great team, and a great franchise. They are a class orgaization even though I hate their flopping tactics, they make no excuses. Props tothem for being the warriors they are. This series is going 7 games, I just have that feeling.
frown.gif

So basically it was a foul, but officials don't call and shouldn't call fouls like that to end the game word to Bowen and LeBron from last year.
If he had made the call this thread would turn out like that Lakers/Warriors thread where everyone agreed you don't make calls like that to end thegame(Fisher's flop), Acid knows what I'm talking about lol

Kobe hasn't been aggressive(in terms of getting to the hoop) this series, but I think that has more to do with SA's D.
If there is anything that has been consistent this postseason is that the home team is getting the benefit of the doubt every game, it's been like that foralmost every game.

Just my 2 cents

I don't know about the whole logic of "refs shouldn't decide the game."

Fact is refs do decide the game. And if Brent Barry faked Derek Fisher into a mental error of jumping when he should not have, then it's a foul.

There should be a consistency throughout the game.

For example, I don't see how hitting Vujacic's arm after he released the shot is a foul, but making contact with Barry before his shot is not a foul.

Then again, the refs did allow contact during this game. Whatever. If only Manu had played well...
frown.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Had that been Ginobili rather then Barry, they carry him out on a stretcher, and make no mistake they make that call. Manu would have landed near Doug Collins. Barry just didn't sell it

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
couldnt stop laughing just picturing how hard ginobilli would have fallen to the floor with the bump. I swear dudes could tap him on the shoulder andhe will fall to the ground wincing in pain like someone kicked him in the groin every time. I understand you from Argentina but this is not soccer.

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

I don't know about the whole logic of "refs shouldn't decide the game."

Fact is refs do decide the game. And if Brent Barry faked Derek Fisher into a mental error of jumping when he should not have, then it's a foul.

There should be a consistency throughout the game.

For example, I don't see how hitting Vujacic's arm after he released the shot is a foul, but making contact with Barry before his shot is not a foul.

Then again, the refs did allow contact during this game. Whatever. If only Manu had played well...
frown.gif

Because if contact after the shot is allowed like that, then it would alter how players shoot the ball.

I haven't seen one analyst say the foul should have been called. Even Jon Barry said there shouldn't have been a foul
laugh.gif

Yo i kno this is a message board and all...but Ska, why do you even bother with these haters? I mean i have a lot of replies i could hand out right now, butthey are useless...so i just lay back and enjoy the victory. Its not how i want to win, but we won...and thats all that matters. NT members like Shuges forexample, are not going to stop thinking that "it was a foul." I dont think that he realizes that some of us, like me, would admit that there wasenough contact for a foul call...but if they arent going to call that throughout the whole game, why would they call it and decide the game on the last play?

Kobe goes to the rack several times...gets hacked on the arms...no calls... why wouldnt you complain about that? conspiracy? you tell me?
Lamars block... goaltend? really dudes?

You guys think that us bringing up all of these events from the game it means were avoiding the last play and trying to argue against it being a foul...well,no
indifferent.gif

No one is avoiding the contact...but if the last play shouldnt be avoided, then what makes it right to avoid everything else in the game? It is just as wrongto me to deny, or avoid all of the terrible calls throughout the whole game as well as avoiding the contact on the last play.

Whenever someone admits to me that the officiating was terrible throughout the whole game and lamars block was clean...then i will use my time to discuss withthat person the officiating on the last play. Until then... this is all i have to say.

Stay strong laker fans... this is the treatment that all champs get.

Dont forget, one year ago...everyone was putting *'s on the spurs championship because of what happened in the suns series. Now, the same people arerooting for the spurs to beat the lakers and will do anything it takes to take credit away from our team.

Lame.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom