Official LEBRON 2010 Thread (The Decision: MIAMI HEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lebron fan checkin in...all this hate...man it disgusts me...Im gonna enjoy seeing lebron and wade on the court with bosh night after night..Do I think Lebron changed his career path? Heck YES..Am i Pleased? YES...Folks wanted Lebron to live up to his CHOSEN one status..it wasn't gonna happen that way though...He is the most scrutinized player to ever play in the NBA...Kobe was not that good when he was drafted..Nowhere near the player they thought he was gonna be, which is why the Charlotte Hornets traded his rights away to the Lakers.. Lebron has had the world on his shoulders since the 10th grade..Had he stayed in Cleveland and won one ring, it wouldn't have been enough with Kobe having 5. People would have STILL found a reason to hate. Im glad he proved to us that he was really in this for the Championships, and he's willing to sacrifice his "CHOSEN ONE" legacy to humble himself to go to Miami...cus at the end of the day, when he's old he'll be able to look back and say he did what no one in his position or with his much power would have done..He went, played with his best friends, and (maybe, hopefully)won him some rings.. He might not be the CHOSEN one, but in my eyes he has proved that winning is everything to him, and eff all the self accolades..

Originally Posted by DubA169

He won't be winning MVP's. the league didn't even want to give it to Kobe when he had a "stacked" team.

That is wade's team, i'm not even going to argue that point.

go ahead and root for this wimp. there are plenty of people who feel the same as I do. he is officially out of the conversation of "the best ever". he doesn't care about being the best so you shouldn't either.
Whatever you say Nostradamus.
laugh.gif

And he isn't officially out of anything until he retires. Or are you gonna sit there dumb-faced saying 'nah he can't be the best ever cuz he joined up with Miami'  after they rack up 8 or more titles in a row and he somehow comes out with 7 of the finals mvps.

Dunno where you're going or what your point is about it being wade's team either. What does any of that have to do with Lebron?  Maybe you forgot but Lebron is still the best player in the game at this point in time. I don't think him coming over to another team affects that.

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

He won't be winning MVP's. the league didn't even want to give it to Kobe when he had a "stacked" team.

go ahead and root for this wimp. there are plenty of people who feel the same as I do. he is officially out of the conversation of "the best ever". he doesn't care about being the best so you shouldn't either.
laugh.gif

And he isn't officially out of anything until he retires. Or are you gonna sit there dumb-faced saying 'nah he can't be the best ever cuz he joined up with Miami'  after they rack up 8 or more titles in a row and he somehow comes out with 7 of the finals mvps.

Dunno where you're going or what your point is about it being wade's team either. What does any of that have to do with Lebron?  Maybe you forgot but Lebron is still the best player in the game at this point in time. I don't think him coming over to another team affects that.

Damn you think they can win 8 titles in a row?  Wow.

I'm sorry man I'm just a little salt. 

Originally Posted by knightngale

Never have sports jounalists written better articles than after the events that took place on Thursday.

you mad, lebron fans?

99635589cf7440423db510f1749db40f1abdf2b.jpg

I'm not a Lebron fan, though.

Originally Posted by ClevelandsPrince23

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

laugh.gif

Damn you think they can win 8 titles in a row?  Wow.

I'm sorry man I'm just a little salt. 
Impossible is nothing. Improbable is everything. It can happen but chances are it won't.

However this guy is saying because Lebron decides to join a powerhouse he's automagically excluded from possibly being the best ever. It's not even a thought that my extreme scenario could take place.

It's a discussion because it's always up for debate of the best ever. New players are added and removed all the time. Nothing is and has been official.

Originally Posted by 360wavesandxbox

Lebron fan checkin in...all this hate...man it disgusts me...Im gonna enjoy seeing lebron and wade on the court with bosh night after night..Do I think Lebron changed his career path? Heck YES..Am i Pleased? YES...Folks wanted Lebron to live up to his CHOSEN one status..it wasn't gonna happen that way though...He is the most scrutinized player to ever play in the NBA...Kobe was not that good when he was drafted..Nowhere near the player they thought he was gonna be, which is why the Charlotte Hornets traded his rights away to the Lakers.. Lebron has had the world on his shoulders since the 10th grade..Had he stayed in Cleveland and won one ring, it wouldn't have been enough with Kobe having 5. People would have STILL found a reason to hate. Im glad he proved to us that he was really in this for the Championships, and he's willing to sacrifice his "CHOSEN ONE" legacy to humble himself to go to Miami...cus at the end of the day, when he's old he'll be able to look back and say he did what no one in his position or with his much power would have done..He went, played with his best friends, and (maybe, hopefully)won him some rings.. He might not be the CHOSEN one, but in my eyes he has proved that winning is everything to him, and eff all the self accolades..
wait wait

lebron will humble himself? are you serious with that?
roll.gif

he  left his chosen title for LePippen

I can see people being mad if Wade wins an MVP

Originally Posted by 360wavesandxbox

wait wait

lebron will humble himself? are you serious with that?
roll.gif

he  left his chosen title for LePippen

I can see people being mad if Wade wins an MVP
so its now confirmed that lebron wade and bosh were planning this for years
laugh.gif
  dude sat there n lied saying he woke up and decided then n there
smh.gif
  what a cornball.

NO matter how hard you people HATE, nothing about Lebrons Legacy has been tarnished in anyway....When he wins that Championship all of these haterz will be OWNED!!
the man can do what ever he wants.
He is not Jordan
He is not Kobe,
He is Lebron, a different kind of BEAST!

u people will get over it

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by MaxElite

I am more disappointed that we will NEVER see LeBron James's game be taken to the NEXT level. It is now safe to say that. From this point forward he can no longer evolve into the player we all thought he could become. To me, that is REALLY sad since I am a fan of his.
- In a sense, I can agree with you here. For instance, it's doubtful we'll ever see that post-game that everyone predicted LBJ should develop to become truly unstoppable. At least not anytime soon. On the flip side, other facets of his game will continue to grow. Weak-side D... passing... rebounding... (not as if any of those things needed further development).
laugh.gif

- I just wanted to comment on how funny it is that people are killing Bron for the exact same thing people were saying AI should have done in his career. Bron has made the ultimate sacrifice in giving up his alpha-dog spot for the sake of WINNING A CHIP. All year long in the AI threads, people were saying how they don't feel bad for Iverson b/c he should have sacrificed his scoring and alpha-dog mentality to accommodate guys like Stackhouse, Larry Hughes, Derrick Coleman, etc... And here we have LBJ doing exactly that, yet somehow LeBron is getting killed for it.
smh.gif
Y'all are some double-standard +#% mofos.

AI and LBJ's careers parallel each other in a sense. Both made it to the Finals early in their career. Both were the undisputed first option on their squad. Both were NEVER truly given a bonafide 2nd option. Both were MVPs of the L. Etc... The difference is AI remained in Philly. And NEVER won. Bron chose a different path. If he had remained in Cle, he would have been getting the SAME criticism that you guys give AI.
smh.gif

- You guys kill me with this "it's better to beat your competition instead of play with them" garbage. So you mean to tell me, if you and your homeboy... like one of your best friends in the world... had a chance to do something TOGETHER (smash 2 sisters, win the lotto, become a rap/rock star, or whatever), you would rather battle your friend where only one of you can enjoy the prize??? Man listen... from all accounts, these dudes are real good friends. Why not go through something with your best buds instead of fighting amongst each other for the grand prize? Jordan didn't have any true friends in the L! He was a douche and no one besides Barkley was cool with him like that.
laugh.gif

- Speaking of Barkley, why is it that he can make noise to get out of Philly (at age 29) b/c he was sick and tired of losing, yet LBJ can't make similar noise? You guys fail to realize that a lot of these players DON'T LIKE TO LOSE. Some stay with their team longer than others. But Bron obviously saw what loyalty does for a bunch of these players (Ewing, Bark, Reggie, Malone, Payton almost, AI, Finley almost, KG almost, etc). And I can't be mad at him for wanting to WIN instead of being remembered as a GREAT player who NEVER won. Barkley has said many times (C-Webb too) that they would trade their individual accolades for a chip.
i'll give you all the points, cept the last one....it's just strange that you have the team with the best reg. season record your last two years there and you bolt. they were winning, til it came to the playoffs. To me, the product just needed fine tuning(they should have gotten Amare or a coach that won it all). The last season Barkley was in Philly, team went 35-47. That's a far cry from 66, 61 reg season wins. KG last year in MIN was 32-50.

Originally Posted by TeflanDon

You know, this whole Lebron situation is really getting out of hand. I mean, it's one thing to be upset at his decision, but people are taking this thing too far. It's not the whole "he ruined his legacy to chase a ring" thing, but the public reactions are what should really be noticed.You got grown men on news channels running around shouting **** Lebron, you got dining establishments posting disrespectful messages, you got a general manager making disrespectful remarks, and people were even hoping that his plane crashed and he couldn't play basketball anymore. Like, who does that? Grown *** men acting like a bunch of little girls on camera like they have no home training. The worst part is that people actually support this foolishness. These people should be ashamed of themselves, making a mockery of both themselves and America.

pimp.gif
 QFT. And I know damn well that if I was in the same situation as the LeBron I would've gone to the Heat too. Also, people always argue that Kobe is the best right now cause LeBron hasn't won any championships..please explain to me how he was supposed to win any chips with that weak *** squad in Cleveland 
sick.gif

Now that LeBron is teaming up w/ Wade and Bosh and trying to win multiple chips (maybe to become better than Kobe in some peoples' eyes), he gets hated for it. SMH. I didn't know NBA players were not supposed to play to win 
laugh.gif

GREENWICH, Conn., July 8, 1990 -- Michael Jordan announced on nationaltelevision he's leaving Chicago to join the Detroit Pistons. Jordansaid it was tough to bolt Chicago, where he was the most popularathlete in many years, because he thinks he has a better chance to wina championship if he plays with Pistons star Isiah Thomas. Jordan saidby playing together, he and Thomas "won't have the pressure of goingout and scoring 30 every night."

^
laugh.gif

http://www.cleveland.com/..._different_lebron_j.html

UPDATED: 7:15 p.m.

Patty Burdon / Special to The Plain Dealer

In trying to figure out why the surprise of LeBron James' departure was so acute, Terry Pluto came up with one reason: Superstars whom you first meet as high school freshmen (above) seldom keep the same view of the world.

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Sometimes I see exactly what I want to see.

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/blog/index.ssf/2010/07/fooled_by_a_different_lebron_j.html#comments

http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?... only one: Terry Pluto | cleveland.com&src=sp

I don't see what is ... I see what I want reality to be.

That's why I believed LeBron James would sign an extension to remain with the Cavaliers.

I was looking at a 25-year-old LeBron James as if he were the James of Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary -- rather than the calculating James who signed with the Miami Heat. I ignored the James who refused to say more than hello to new Cavs coach Byron Scott, who spent more than an hour waiting for James at the MVP's basketball camp early in the week.

The James of my mind played for the same two coaches from the fourth grade through high school -- Dru Joyce II and Lee Cotton. It was the same James who turned down chances to transfer to major basketball prep schools across the country, insisting he could stay in Akron and turn the Irish into the No. 1 team in the country.

That happened in James' senior year. I always thought his goal was to stay home and do the same for the Cavs.

I first interviewed James after his freshman year, when he became a sensation on the summer basketball circuit at the famed 5-Star Camp. He told me how he would stick with his friends -- Dru Joyce III, Sian Cotton and Willie McGee. He said, "Nothing would break us up. Not girls. Not basketball. Nothing."

James indeed remained loyal to them -- and others on his high school team. I had a freeze-frame vision of the James who appeared in the terrific documentary, "More Than A Game," the story of his high school team. I knew his mother. I know the projects where James lived at different times. I even know people had their hair done by Freda James, his grandmother who died when James was 3 years old.

By the time he reached the NBA, James changed, but I didn't want to admit it. I took solace in the fact that he still went to local high school and college games, to watch friends play. I found it hard to believe he'd leave that behind.

But every year, there were more business types selling James on the idea of being a global icon. He tuned out former coach Mike Brown, and I ignored it.

It was easy to point out how James stayed out of trouble with the law, how he never skipped practice or was late for buses or flights. He usually said the right things at his surprisingly mature press conferences for someone so young.

There was a sense of relief when James signed the three-year extension heading into the 2006-07 season. I should have seen how James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh were all putting themselves in position to possibly bolt their respective teams three years later.

Northeast Ohio has been looking for a local pro sports hero since Bernie Kosar was cut by the Browns in 1993. I wanted James to fill that void. He won two MVP awards, the Cavs won more games in the last five seasons with him than any other era.

When James was distracted and distant in this season's playoffs, I wrote it off to his aching elbow -- despite even more marketing types around him, more talk of his coming free agency. Now, it seems he was plotting his exit.

It was hard to believe James had the gall to go on national television and dump on his hometown, as he did in his self-absorbed ESPN special. Or how he didn't call the Cavs with his decision at all. Nor did his agent, or business partner Maverick Carter. It was Richie Paul, a member of his posse, who delivered the bad news to the Cavs once the ESPN special went on the air.

I forgot it was Dru Joyce III who decided to attend St. Vincent-St. Mary rather than Akron Buchtel, and how James and the other followed. The pint-sized point guard was the leader of the Irish, not James.

Even in the NBA, James talked as if he wanted to be the leader, but had trouble with the role. Now, it seems Wade is the new Joyce III in James' life. He was the power behind bringing James and Bosh (a nice guy, but not a leader) to Miami.

Another influence on James is Wes Wesley -- a mysterious deal maker. Wesley wanted James out of Cleveland. Then Carter told Jonathan Abrams of The New York Times that Wesley was out of the inner circle: "All the Wes rumors are untrue and he will not be at the meetings [with NBA teams]. Wes has nothing to do with where he goes."

Guess who was at James' side in Miami? World Wide Wes was back.

The James Gang fooled so many. I should have seen it coming.

Originally Posted by PoeticJays

Just because it's been Wade's team in the past DOES NOT MEAN IT WILL BE WADES TEAM IN THE FUTURE.

This is what the LeBron lovers will never get...it will ALWAYS be D. Wade's team no matter what LeBron does.

Never have sports jounalists written better articles than after the events that took place on Thursday.

you mad, lebron fans?

99635589cf7440423db510f1749db40f1abdf2b.jpg

Co-sign!!

The LA Galaxy will always be Landon Donovan's team
Spoiler [+]
beckham_quakes_200.jpg

That would've been  cool if he didn't get injured
frown.gif

The biggest problem is this, its not that he went to Miami to team up with Bosh and D. Wade, its like everyone else has said, its the way he did it...LeBron and Miami fans cant see it, and its sad.

- You are going to call ESPN to have a 1 hour special to announce your decision?
- You are going to front like it was for charity when you could have easily wrote a check on your own on the low key
- You are going to go on national TV to %++@ on your home town?
- You are going to say you are loyal yet %++@ on your home town on national tv?
- You are going to claim yourself as the King before you did anything?
- You are going to have your homeboy call the Cavs after the fact instead of calling yourself?
- You are going to let the Cavs find out on National TV instead of calling them before hand?
- You say you want to be the first billionaire athlete and consider yourself a global icon but yet dont want to do it on a team built around you like everyone else?
- You want to be compared to Jordan, Bird, and Magic yet will never be in the same class?

Its whatever, I dont think it would be that big of a deal if he would have changed one or two things about the way he went about it, but the 'King' is #$*$% made and cant see the forest from the trees. Dont proclaim yourself as the chosen one and then go join up with a group of other "chosen ones." If he wouldnt have came off as such an egomaniac to begin with, this probably wouldnt have ever been and issue.

I'm not gonna lie, how LeBron handled the whole situation (letting the Cavs know last minute, the 1 hr special, etc) was pretty bad.
And that's coming from a huge LeBron fan

I don't want to look through this entire thread again, so can someone re-post the Riley, Wade, Bron, Bosh NWO pic please?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by MaxElite

I am more disappointed that we will NEVER see LeBron James's game be taken to the NEXT level. It is now safe to say that. From this point forward he can no longer evolve into the player we all thought he could become. To me, that is REALLY sad since I am a fan of his.
- In a sense, I can agree with you here. For instance, it's doubtful we'll ever see that post-game that everyone predicted LBJ should develop to become truly unstoppable. At least not anytime soon. On the flip side, other facets of his game will continue to grow. Weak-side D... passing... rebounding... (not as if any of those things needed further development).
laugh.gif

- I just wanted to comment on how funny it is that people are killing Bron for the exact same thing people were saying AI should have done in his career. Bron has made the ultimate sacrifice in giving up his alpha-dog spot for the sake of WINNING A CHIP. All year long in the AI threads, people were saying how they don't feel bad for Iverson b/c he should have sacrificed his scoring and alpha-dog mentality to accommodate guys like Stackhouse, Larry Hughes, Derrick Coleman, etc... And here we have LBJ doing exactly that, yet somehow LeBron is getting killed for it.
smh.gif
Y'all are some double-standard +#% mofos.

AI and LBJ's careers parallel each other in a sense. Both made it to the Finals early in their career. Both were the undisputed first option on their squad. Both were NEVER truly given a bonafide 2nd option. Both were MVPs of the L. Etc... The difference is AI remained in Philly. And NEVER won. Bron chose a different path. If he had remained in Cle, he would have been getting the SAME criticism that you guys give AI.
smh.gif

- You guys kill me with this "it's better to beat your competition instead of play with them" garbage. So you mean to tell me, if you and your homeboy... like one of your best friends in the world... had a chance to do something TOGETHER (smash 2 sisters, win the lotto, become a rap/rock star, or whatever), you would rather battle your friend where only one of you can enjoy the prize??? Man listen... from all accounts, these dudes are real good friends. Why not go through something with your best buds instead of fighting amongst each other for the grand prize? Jordan didn't have any true friends in the L! He was a douche and no one besides Barkley was cool with him like that.
laugh.gif

- Speaking of Barkley, why is it that he can make noise to get out of Philly (at age 29) b/c he was sick and tired of losing, yet LBJ can't make similar noise? You guys fail to realize that a lot of these players DON'T LIKE TO LOSE. Some stay with their team longer than others. But Bron obviously saw what loyalty does for a bunch of these players (Ewing, Bark, Reggie, Malone, Payton almost, AI, Finley almost, KG almost, etc). And I can't be mad at him for wanting to WIN instead of being remembered as a GREAT player who NEVER won. Barkley has said many times (C-Webb too) that they would trade their individual accolades for a chip.
applause1234363884.gif

applause1234363884.gif

Doesnt Lebron remind you guys of Cell from dragonball, the second version

lebron_james-12386.jpg

with

cell_2nd.jpg

The bulky frame and Face are quite similar........ I dunno, was watching DBZ yesterday and this popped into my head

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

The biggest problem is this, its not that he went to Miami to team up with Bosh and D. Wade, its like everyone else has said, its the way he did it...LeBron and Miami fans cant see it, and its sad.

- You are going to call ESPN to have a 1 hour special to announce your decision?
- You are going to front like it was for charity when you could have easily wrote a check on your own on the low key
- You are going to go on national TV to %++@ on your home town?
- You are going to say you are loyal yet %++@ on your home town on national tv?
- You are going to claim yourself as the King before you did anything?
- You are going to have your homeboy call the Cavs after the fact instead of calling yourself?
- You are going to let the Cavs find out on National TV instead of calling them before hand?
- You say you want to be the first billionaire athlete and consider yourself a global icon but yet dont want to do it on a team built around you like everyone else?
- You want to be compared to Jordan, Bird, and Magic yet will never be in the same class?

Its whatever, I dont think it would be that big of a deal if he would have changed one or two things about the way he went about it, but the 'King' is #$*$% made and cant see the forest from the trees. Dont proclaim yourself as the chosen one and then go join up with a group of other "chosen ones." If he wouldnt have came off as such an egomaniac to begin with, this probably wouldnt have ever been and issue.
qft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom