Official LEBRON 2010 Thread (The Decision: MIAMI HEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by h3at23

Not saying it's true or not, but one thing I think DJ's should have also wrote, (and I know some of

yall wont because of your agendas) is be objective & consider the source.

Bro, that was some pretty damning information by the CPD....on twitter, they said that's just the "tip" of the iceberg.  All in all, it makes Dan Gilbert look like MORE of a chump for letting Lebron get away with whatever he wanted while a blind-eye was turned.  I think what's going to happen is, all the dirty laundry will be aired....and the folks (and some on NT) who have been SAYING FOR YEARS that the Cavs were a piss-poor run organization (while 9 outta 10 Cleveland fans would defend Lebron/the city/the team/etc), will be PROVEN to be about as close to 100% right as you can get. 

At the end of the day a lot of folks need to look themselves in the mirror and realize that a lot of their morals were compromised because of the defense of a man who they all thought could do no wrong.  When the shoe is on the other foot, you see the callous nature of people who have been wrong through this whole ordeal...but never knew it.  It's no disrespect to Cleveland supporters, but there was an EXTREME sense of entitlement from #23, to the entire organization, to the FANS.  I do feel bad for how things went down, but trust me....there are a lot of folks out there who are enjoying the humble pie you are now being forced to eat. 

Oh I know & I agree but you also have to be objective because of who wrote it.

I LeBron truly know, he gave us all a hint that Miami was his destination when after they played that game in Miami he said he was switching #'s. I said in that game thread that he was

coming to Miami because #23 was already retired but non Heat fans lol & rofl . Everyone was in a New York state of mind when it came to LBJ.

I dont like how FAgency was handled by LBJ's team & the decision was just awful for CLE. BitterSweet

[h1][/h1]
[h1]LeBron’s ‘Decision’ watched by nearly 10M people[/h1]NEW YORK (AP)—The Nielsen Co. estimates that 9.95 million people watchedLeBron James announce on ESPN that he’s leaving Cleveland to play for the MiamiHeat, making it the third-most-watched program on cable television this year.

“The Decision

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

Originally Posted by ClevelandsPrince23

Another question.

How much $ are they all getting next season?.

Like how much $ do the Heat even have left to fil up the roster?.

I feel this team is gonna be mighty weak with their secondary players.
both him and bosh are getting 110 million while Wade is taking 105 million. James is real saint he took a whole 10 million less than if he would have stayed in Cleveland.
roll.gif

Oh wow...what a kind man 
laugh.gif

I'm talking next season though? ... Do you know?

I'm just curious as to how much $ they will have to spend on other players. 

Originally Posted by slickballa23

Doesnt Lebron remind you guys of Cell from dragonball, the second version

lebron_james-12386.jpg

with

cell_2nd.jpg

The bulky frame and Face are quite similar........ I dunno, was watching DBZ yesterday and this popped into my head
indifferent.gif
put down the crackpipe you crackhead.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

i still cant believe how bad lebron %@@%!+ up his career....

reminds me of dudes on here saying they would sign with jordan brand over nike or any other shoe company because of player edition jordan retros...

this dude could have been the greatest of all time... now he can never be the greatest of all time...

you will never be the greatest of all time....kobe can't even be greatest of all time, and he's done way more.

Any LeBron fans jumpin bandwagons? Are they heat fans now?

lol man the lebron hate is staggering in here.
Lebron still has his legacy no matter what anybody in here or the media has to say...All he has to do is win the championship....He was already being compared to mj, with out a championship, so what makes any of u think his legacy is gone after all this....just wait until the season starts and lebron does what he does, all of this hate will be forgottin.

and to the person who talked about lebron fans jumping ship....I have always been a lebron fan so whatever the man does, i'll go with it. Even though i havent been a heat fan since 06, if lebrons team is the heat, ny, chi, im going with them. The man wants to win, i want him to win, and i agree with him he made the best decision.

Everyone talks about his legacy this and that, lebron untill now has never said anything about his single achievements, he always talks about team this, team that.... re watch his 2nd mvp vid.

Jesse Jackson has come to the defense of LeBron James -- even though no one asked him to -- and compared Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert to a "slave master."

In a harshly-worded statement, Jackson took Gilbert to task for his open letter to Cavaliers fans which slammed LeBron's decision to sign with the Miami Heat. Jackson says, "He speaks as an owner of LeBron and not the owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers. His feelings of betrayal personify a slave master mentality. He sees LeBron as a runaway slave."

He goes on, "LeBron is not a child, nor is he bound to play on Gilbert’s plantation and be demeaned. He has been a model citizen and has inspired the children of Akron, Cleveland, the State of Ohio and the United States."

Not sure if Cleveland fans would rush to LeBron's defense right now.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/11/jesse-jac ... nts-anchor#ixzz0tPwOghWW

uh oh

that's one of the last people that lebron wants his name to be attached to

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by MaxElite

I am more disappointed that we will NEVER see LeBron James's game be taken to the NEXT level. It is now safe to say that. From this point forward he can no longer evolve into the player we all thought he could become. To me, that is REALLY sad since I am a fan of his.
- In a sense, I can agree with you here. For instance, it's doubtful we'll ever see that post-game that everyone predicted LBJ should develop to become truly unstoppable. At least not anytime soon. On the flip side, other facets of his game will continue to grow. Weak-side D... passing... rebounding... (not as if any of those things needed further development).
laugh.gif

- I just wanted to comment on how funny it is that people are killing Bron for the exact same thing people were saying AI should have done in his career. Bron has made the ultimate sacrifice in giving up his alpha-dog spot for the sake of WINNING A CHIP. All year long in the AI threads, people were saying how they don't feel bad for Iverson b/c he should have sacrificed his scoring and alpha-dog mentality to accommodate guys like Stackhouse, Larry Hughes, Derrick Coleman, etc... And here we have LBJ doing exactly that, yet somehow LeBron is getting killed for it.
smh.gif
Y'all are some double-standard +#% mofos.

AI and LBJ's careers parallel each other in a sense. Both made it to the Finals early in their career. Both were the undisputed first option on their squad. Both were NEVER truly given a bonafide 2nd option. Both were MVPs of the L. Etc... The difference is AI remained in Philly. And NEVER won. Bron chose a different path. If he had remained in Cle, he would have been getting the SAME criticism that you guys give AI.
smh.gif

- You guys kill me with this "it's better to beat your competition instead of play with them" garbage. So you mean to tell me, if you and your homeboy... like one of your best friends in the world... had a chance to do something TOGETHER (smash 2 sisters, win the lotto, become a rap/rock star, or whatever), you would rather battle your friend where only one of you can enjoy the prize??? Man listen... from all accounts, these dudes are real good friends. Why not go through something with your best buds instead of fighting amongst each other for the grand prize? Jordan didn't have any true friends in the L! He was a douche and no one besides Barkley was cool with him like that.
laugh.gif

- Speaking of Barkley, why is it that he can make noise to get out of Philly (at age 29) b/c he was sick and tired of losing, yet LBJ can't make similar noise? You guys fail to realize that a lot of these players DON'T LIKE TO LOSE. Some stay with their team longer than others. But Bron obviously saw what loyalty does for a bunch of these players (Ewing, Bark, Reggie, Malone, Payton almost, AI, Finley almost, KG almost, etc). And I can't be mad at him for wanting to WIN instead of being remembered as a GREAT player who NEVER won. Barkley has said many times (C-Webb too) that they would trade their individual accolades for a chip.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Props for this post
best post in this thread......i rather make sure i got rings then to be loyal to a franchise and lose for da rest of my career.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by DubA169

uh oh

Why is that salty knick fan?
are you serious with yours? this is a race issue? use some common sense

this idiot just compared a multi millionaire to a slave. yeah i'm salty, but at least i don't have the three stooges **%%! in my mouth like you do.

uh oh

this idiot just compared a multi millionaire to a slave. yeah i'm salty, but at least i don't have the three stooges **%%! in my mouth like you do.
lol youre so mad. So you justify the owner's letter to Lebron? If yes then I have no reason to even further this conversation because that showcases your ignorance. If you disagree with Gilbert and Jesse then we can have a conversation. But if in your mind Gilbert had every right to say every word in his letter than all I can do is pray for you.

i justify parts of the letter but the majority of it was over the line and uncalled for, unnecessary and hurt his organization in the long run. I 100% agree with the part that lebron wants to go to heaven without dying

but at least he didn't compare a multi millionaire to a run away slave. i don't get why you are doing your best to save the perception of lebron though. he obviously doesn't care about his legacy or image as much as you do

uh oh

roll.gif

Anybody who agrees with Jesse Jackson on this is a dumb $+*. You'd be pretty stupid to not see why Jesse Jackson defending LeBron with this ridiculous reason as something that wouldn't be good for LeBron.

That comparison just shows how desperate a dude like Jesse is.

Spike Lee said something along the lines of the days of the "40 million dollar slave" are over ( in reference to the book by the late William/Bill Rhoden) last week on ESPN 1050. Lebron has already commented on Dan Gilbert and his letter and simply stated it was unfortunate and that Gilbert and his partners may have (imo there is no "may" about it) cost themselves and that franchise in the long run.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Jackson rips Gilbert's LeBron comments[/h1]

Associated Press

CHICAGO -- Jesse Jackson criticized Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert on Sunday, saying Gilbert sees LeBron James as a "runaway slave" and that the owner's comments after the free-agent forward decided to join the Miami Heat put the player in danger.

His feelings of betrayal personify a slave master mentality. He sees LeBron as a runaway slave. This is an owner employee relationship -- between business partners -- and LeBron honored his contract.

i justify parts of the letter but the majority of it was over the line and uncalled for, unnecessary and hurt his organization in the long run. I 100% agree with the part that lebron wants to go to heaven without dying though.

but at least he didn't compare a multi millionaire to a run away slave. i don't get why you are doing your best to save the perception of lebron though. he obviously doesn't care about his legacy or image as much as you do
That's where you got me confused. I'm not the one calling him the new pippen and telling him to change his tat to the chosen 1/3rd. I dont care about his legacy cause you know why? It has nothing to do with me. I dont care about his image and you know why? You hating on him or liking him has nothing to do with how you view me as a person. Cause see me being a sane individual above the age of 12 I can differentiate the difference between sports and life.

And you're taking the term literally. He's not saying Lebron is a slave working for chittlins and one pair of shoes to last him a year on a ball and chair. He is saying Lebron is his own damn man. And if his contract is up he has the option to do whatever he wants to do. To the heat, knicks, nets, spain, china, retire. Whatever he wants. He owes you nothing. He owes me nothing. And he damn sure owes Dan Gilbert nothing. Gilbert's letter was one of the most disgusting and unprofessional things I have ever read by a person with so much power.

Calling a man a coward, selfish, etc just because he didnt want to sign with you? Childish. And I know you're going to say "It wasnt just that, it was the whole circus that lasted those long 7 days!" But I can bet you my entire life savings and every penny I ever make that if he had of re-signed you wouldnt have seen Dan call Lebron selfish. You wouldn't see Dan calling the "Decision" show self-promotion and narcissistic.

And if Lebron had of signed with your beloved team and Dan wrote this letter and Jesse made this comment you wouldnt care. You would think Dan was just upset Lebron picked a better team giving him an actual shot at a ring and doing what's best for Lebron.

Cause at the end of the day that's all that matters. What's best for Lebron. Cause at the end of the day it is his decision. So you can go on and hate him. Boo him when he plays at MSG. Make little photoshops with Benedict Arnold and the word Queen James and LePippen. But if you can't respect another man for doing what he wants to do and creating the best opportunity for him and his family then me and you were cut from a different cloth.

And please everyone stop throwing the word loyalty around. These organizations and teams have been using players for years until they realize they can't get nothing more out of them. Don't be mad that Lebron used the Cavs for 7 years and when he realized he couldnt get anymore from them since they weren't making moves that he approves he leaves.

i justify parts of the letter but the majority of it was over the line and uncalled for, unnecessary and hurt his organization in the long run. I 100% agree with the part that lebron wants to go to heaven without dying though.

That's where you got me confused. I'm not the one calling him the new pippen and telling him to change his tat to the chosen 1/3rd. I dont care about his legacy cause you know why? It has nothing to do with me. I dont care about his image and you know why? You hating on him or liking him has nothing to do with how you view me as a person. Cause see me being a sane individual above the age of 12 I can differentiate the difference between sports and life.

Calling a man a coward, selfish, etc just because he didnt want to sign with you? Childish.

Cause at the end of the day that's all that matters. What's best for Lebron. Cause at the end of the day it is his decision. So you can go on and hate him. Boo him when he plays at MSG. Make little photoshops with Benedict Arnold and the word Queen James and LePippen. But if you can't respect another man for doing what he wants to do and creating the best opportunity for him and his family then me and you were cut from a different cloth.
i don't call him a coward because he didn't sign with the knicks. i call him a coward because he wants nothing to do with competition. he was supposed to be the chosen one and we were sold a markerting campaign that he was a "king" that is why there is such intense backlash and confusion. it's a straight up confusing choice for him to go into Wade's house where he already owns the city and team.

if he went to chicago/clippers/Nets nobody would have the ammunition to call him a coward or a ring chaser. it would be the opposite of cowardly to try and go into MJ's house or the crazy intense pressure of the garden, or Kobe's house

good for him and his fam. he made his decision. for some reason you don't understand that he is a public figure and there are repercussions to his decision. i don't mean someone hurting the guy physically, i mean consequesnces for his brand, marketing ability, and public perception. you seem to be mad that people are upset with him

if it was just knicks fans who were dissapointed in him, why are fans from every team replying in this thread? why are hall of fame basketball players questioning his heart and competitive nature?

i thought the guy had a chance to be in the conversation for greatest ever.... to me and many people he can no longer be in the discussion. and that's just very dissapointing

The more negativity that comes his way, I truly hope Miami takes on the villain role of being hated. The fact that people are making t-shirts, signs, burning jerseys, etc shows how much they truly care and how much Lebron really had a stranglehold on their lives. If I'm Lebron, the first game back against Cleveland I would welcome the boo's and encourage them to continue to boo, all the while with a big smirk on my face because in the grand scheme of things those screaming and distraught fans will have ZERO affect on the outcome of the game. It has to be a sad existence if one lives and dies with sports/athletes.

i don't call him a coward because he didn't sign with the knicks. i call him a coward because he wants nothing to do with competition. he was supposed to be the chosen one and we were sold a markerting campaign that he was a "king" that is why there is such intense backlash and confusion
That was your first mistake. Calling another man the chosen one. 2nd. I believe every lebron hater/laker fan has been hating on that term since he got in the league. I live in LA and you can not imagine how many times you hear corny @+% phrases like "Kings dont have rings" etc etc. And why is no one mentioning how they are called the "3 Kings" now. One thing Lebron never had was humility and you don't applaud him for being humble and sharing this nickname with his new teammates.

if he went to chicago/clippers/Nets nobody would have the ammunition to call him a coward or a ring chaser. it would be the opposite of cowardly to try and go into MJ's house or the crazy intense pressure of the garden, or Kobe's house
I still don't get how this is the coward way out. Is the entire roster of the New York Yankees cowards? And I hate that ring chaser is a bad word. What's wrong with going after the biggest accomplishment in professional sports?

good for him and his fam. he made his decision. for some reason you don't understand that he is a public figure and there are repercussions to his decision. i don't mean someone hurting the guy physically, i mean consequesnces for his brand, marketing ability, and public perception. you seem to be mad that people are upset with him
I am not shocked at the reaction cause I knew no matter who he choose it was going to be backlash. I'm mad that people seem to be upset for all the wrong reasons. This man has no illegitimate seeds, hasnt been caught cheating, has a clean record and never been accused of any crime but yet is the most hated in sports. Where are your guy's morals and standards?

If it was just knicks fans who were dissapointed in him, why are fans from every team replying in this thread? why are hall of fame basketball players questioning his heart and competitive nature?

i thought the guy had a chance to be in the conversation for greatest ever.... to me and many people he can no longer be in the discussion. and that's just very dissapointing

I didn't say you were mad cause you're a knicks fan. I said if he signed to the Knicks you wouldn't be mad. Big difference in those two statements. And a lot of these hall of fame basketball players are ringless superstars so..... I don't care about their opinion. Webber and Barkely said they can never put jordan and bron in the same sentence. What does that matter when we cant put Webber or Barkley in the same sentence as Jordan?

And he is going to be in the conversation whether you like it or not. How can you knock someone out who has all the youngest to records, 2 MVPs, 1 final appearance only 7 years in his career and the ability to not only win championships but be the Finals MVP during them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom