Official LEBRON 2010 Thread (The Decision: MIAMI HEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ Uhh...everybody (yes, there is life outside of NT) in the world is accusing him of chasing a ring. It's Lebron fanboys that think he isn't. And yes, if you try to force your team to trade you to a better one, YOU ARE A RING CHASER. "Putting yourself in a better position" and "running to a team that doesn't need you just so you can latch on" are two different things. They would have won without Lebron, so yes he is a ring chaser. At least he made it clear that it's KOBE>>Lebron and always will be.
wink.gif

I guess we can start over now....so who's next in line to make a run at the next Jordan?

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by solefood229

At what age do you start chasing rings since everybody keeps bringing up the fact that he is only 25?

- we cant answer that question considering nobody's accusing him of CHASING a ring, except you clowns
laugh.gif

- by your logic, anytime a player chooses to put himself in a better situation to win they're chasing a ring.

....tell me, what about players in the NBA that refuse to report because they want to be traded to a better team? are they 'chasing rings' as well? really? to get even more out there i can name a few rookies that pitched a fit about who drafted them and had to be traded before thier careers started.....do they fall under this umbrella as well?

I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with chasing rings????  Don't you get paid to win rings?  Don't you play sports to win?  Don't you get happy when your team wins a championship?  Cut the crap yall.  Half of yall were probably JV sports drop outs because you were mad the coach never played you because they played the better players to win.  Whatever-champions play to win.  It has nothing to do with how he did it-Cleveland, Chicago, NYC, and NJ fans all would've been happy if he said he wants to be on your team.  If you say anything differently you're lying. PERIOD.  This isn't the Girl Scouts....we're not talking about Civil Rights either-this is a game.  People play to win.  It aint like he's cheating.  He wants to win a championship.  I'll admit the whole 1 hour special announcement and time it took to do all this was excessive, but his decision is his decision.

And who quotes Joe Budden?!?!?!? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
  Joe Budden just mad he aint come to America's armpit.

why would anyone say lebron is chasing rings when he is going to be the biggest reason why they win one (or 2 or 3)

i dont care if wade won one already, any future rings will be mainly because of LBJ and wade/bosh will be his sidekick

Originally Posted by Super T1ght

why would anyone say lebron is chasing rings when he is going to be the biggest reason why they win one (or 2 or 3)

i dont care if wade won one already, any future rings will be mainly because of LBJ and wade/bosh will be his sidekick
they both have played with shaq who won the ring?

Originally Posted by tim teufel

if u are tryin to say wade is better than lebron u need to stick with baseball my friend
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

Anyway you can't be a "ring chaser" when u are also the best player in the world.  GP and malone were ring chasers... When LBJ wins, HE will be the BIGGEST reason why. U see the difference.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

He just damaged his brand for life.

Honestly he's crazy rich. i dont think he gives a damn anymore my dude.
I'm sure he doesn't but the fans will.

Everyone bought into the idea of him being that dude like Mike, Kobe or Magic but I guess he ain't want that distinction.

He just went from:

air-jordan-retro-3-iii-black-cement-grey-countdown-pack-3.jpg

to:

fl-unlocked-pippen-31.jpg

He'll get his bread regardless though but his rep just took a serious hit.

i see what you mean now.

Originally Posted by Nek32

And yes, if you try to force your team to trade you to a better one, YOU ARE A RING CHASER. 

At least he made it clear that it's KOBE>>Lebron and always will be.
wink.gif

- really?? you do know that Kobe forced Charlotte to trade him too right?

We all know Shaq when Wade won a ring is not the geriatric Shaq that Lebron played with. Cmonnnnnn.

And for the record I'm not a fangirl because honestly LBJ is not a fav of mine-I don't like the whole King James and The King titles, BUT a great player is a great player.  I'm a Celtics fan...by marriage.  Yall just bein disrespectful now though.  If winning wasn't important to you then everybody would be Detroit Lions fans.
laugh.gif
  Most people are just mad he's not coming to your squad....Although I do think the 1hr special added to some of the h8.

And if yall think for one minute that Delonte West aint have anything to do with LBJ's dueces to Cleveland yall are mistaken.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

He just damaged his brand for life.

Honestly he's crazy rich. i dont think he gives a damn anymore my dude.
I'm sure he doesn't but the fans will.

Everyone bought into the idea of him being that dude like Mike, Kobe or Magic but I guess he ain't want that distinction.

He just went from:

to:

He'll get his bread regardless though but his rep just took a serious hit.
i see what you mean now.

QFT

sorry but i cant respect that move to mia. idc if they even get rings itll be exciting to watch but he not gettin his props like that.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by MaxElite

I am more disappointed that we will NEVER see LeBron James's game be taken to the NEXT level. It is now safe to say that. From this point forward he can no longer evolve into the player we all thought he could become. To me, that is REALLY sad since I am a fan of his.
- In a sense, I can agree with you here. For instance, it's doubtful we'll ever see that post-game that everyone predicted LBJ should develop to become truly unstoppable. At least not anytime soon. On the flip side, other facets of his game will continue to grow. Weak-side D... passing... rebounding... (not as if any of those things needed further development).
laugh.gif

- I just wanted to comment on how funny it is that people are killing Bron for the exact same thing people were saying AI should have done in his career. Bron has made the ultimate sacrifice in giving up his alpha-dog spot for the sake of WINNING A CHIP. All year long in the AI threads, people were saying how they don't feel bad for Iverson b/c he should have sacrificed his scoring and alpha-dog mentality to accommodate guys like Stackhouse, Larry Hughes, Derrick Coleman, etc... And here we have LBJ doing exactly that, yet somehow LeBron is getting killed for it.
smh.gif
Y'all are some double-standard +#% mofos.

AI and LBJ's careers parallel each other in a sense. Both made it to the Finals early in their career. Both were the undisputed first option on their squad. Both were NEVER truly given a bonafide 2nd option. Both were MVPs of the L. Etc... The difference is AI remained in Philly. And NEVER won. Bron chose a different path. If he had remained in Cle, he would have been getting the SAME criticism that you guys give AI.
smh.gif

- You guys kill me with this "it's better to beat your competition instead of play with them" garbage. So you mean to tell me, if you and your homeboy... like one of your best friends in the world... had a chance to do something TOGETHER (smash 2 sisters, win the lotto, become a rap/rock star, or whatever), you would rather battle your friend where only one of you can enjoy the prize??? Man listen... from all accounts, these dudes are real good friends. Why not go through something with your best buds instead of fighting amongst each other for the grand prize? Jordan didn't have any true friends in the L! He was a douche and no one besides Barkley was cool with him like that.
laugh.gif

- Speaking of Barkley, why is it that he can make noise to get out of Philly (at age 29) b/c he was sick and tired of losing, yet LBJ can't make similar noise? You guys fail to realize that a lot of these players DON'T LIKE TO LOSE. Some stay with their team longer than others. But Bron obviously saw what loyalty does for a bunch of these players (Ewing, Bark, Reggie, Malone, Payton almost, AI, Finley almost, KG almost, etc). And I can't be mad at him for wanting to WIN instead of being remembered as a GREAT player who NEVER won. Barkley has said many times (C-Webb too) that they would trade their individual accolades for a chip.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Props for this post

if u are tryin to say wade is better than lebron u need to stick with baseball my friend
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

Anyway you can't be a "ring chaser" when u are also the best player in the world.  GP and malone were ring chasers... When LBJ wins, HE will be the BIGGEST reason why. U see the difference.
not saying he's better but he's already won a ring. seems thats what we base as great these days right
laugh.gif
so how can lebron go there to teach a person that has already won one without him or bosh? u think wade and bosh couldnt contend for a ring on their own?

And yes, if you try to force your team to trade you to a better one, YOU ARE A RING CHASER. 

wink.gif

Lol you know Kobe is a saint now. Why? Because he has rings...if he didn't they'd be talking about him just like they are LBJ right now.  Kobe demanding he get a team to work with and LBJ going to a team he can work with are the same thing to me.  One just had a better coach and better management.  In my opinion Kobe is worse in attitude than LBJ, but people love him because he's got rings.  That's all. 

Call Kobe a ring chaser then if it makes you feel better. If Kobe played 7 seasons and couldn't win, and then ran over to play for the Spurs, then he would have been just like Lebron. It's sad that fanboys don't see just how pathetic this whole thing really is. Can you imagine Jordan going to play with Stockton and Malone if he couldn't beat them? The Bulls DRAFTED Pippen.....Jordan didn't go ring chase on Pippen's squad and Pippen didn't ring chase onto Jordan's. Lebron clearly knows that he is not a winner above the high school level and this will solve his ring problems.

I would compare Lebron to Favre because Brett ran over to the stacked Vikings, but there is one big difference between diva Favre and diva Lebron.....BRETT FAVRE ACTUALLY WON A RING AS THE LEADER OF HIS OWN TEAM. It'd be like Favre going over to play backup QB for the Cowboys back in the 90's cuz the 'boys kept knocking him off in the playoffs year after year.
roll.gif
roll.gif

All arguments aside, Lebron is an idiot and now has the entire basketball world rooting against him....well, except for 27 people that watched the Heat play last year.

wink.gif

Wasn't it Jerry West that really wanted Kobe?..

So, how did Kobe (as a rookie) forced charlotte to trade him?..was there an article or video of someone saying it?

He had options besides Miami where he would be the main guy. We are fans of the game and different opinions on how it should be played. If u defend this man then ur soft and truth is ur father figure did a terrible job raising you.

gotdamn

well said
laugh.gif

Kobe demanded people to play with or he'd leave and he got his wish.  Lebron didn't-he did the grown man thing and made his own choice without the whining when he saw his management didn't wanna make moves that were in the teams best interest.  Like I said-I really don't see the difference other than Kobe did it the shady way.

And yes, Kobe is a ring chaser just like everybody else in the NBA.  It's called winning.  Show me a good athlete who doesn't want to win.  AI? Reggie Miller? Barkley? NOPE. They all wanted to win and I bet if they had the option and leverage Lebron had they would've pulled a Kobe or Lebron as well. 

You can't honestly tell me that if Lebron wasn't considering your team before the final decision was made you wouldn't want him to come to your team (unless you're a laker fan because they have NO competition in the West).  You'd be lying because you know that any player with his talent can help your team win....win what?  A championship.  It's not about a ring-it's about a championship.  Call it what you want, but yall just mad. Wasn't nobody crying when Amare decided to play for NYC.  Lol. Why? Because you know a healthy Amare won't have NEAR as much impact as a healthy LBJ. 

some of you guys don't realize that it's not even about him leaving Cleveland. you can't fault him for leaving, though he should have handled it better.

it's about him colluding to be the sidekick to another superstar player to "take the pressure" of him. Lebron could have gone to the Bulls.. (where he would still have a chance to win multiple rings), and nobody would say a damn thing.

bc he even says so on his own damn website!!!!

10h4njr.jpg

http://www.lebronjames.com/

"Next year, I will be playing for The Miami Heat. I would like to thank all of my fans for supporting me and I am looking forward to seeing you guys next season as I chase the NBA Championship."

poor choice of words. in nba terms "chasing" conveys desperation. poor especially since your critics are going hard at you for chasing rings at the age of 25.

Originally Posted by Japs24

wink.gif

Wasn't it Jerry West that really wanted Kobe?..

So, how did Kobe (as a rookie) forced charlotte to trade him?..was there an article or video of someone saying it?

- yes, West wanted Kobe. but it was put out there that if any team beside LA drafted Kobe he would refuse to play. its also why New Jersey passed on Kobe and got Kittles.

......oh but how soon we forget things.

- so now that we know ring chaser = Kobe and LeBron, now what clowns?  im sure you'll find something.........
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dyyhard

bc he even says so on his own damn website!!!!

http://www.lebronjames.com/

"Next year, I will be playing for The Miami Heat. I would like to thank all of my fans for supporting me and I am looking forward to seeing you guys next season as I chase the NBA Championship."

poor choice of words. in nba terms "chasing" conveys desperation.
And yes, Kobe is a ring chaser just like everybody else in the NBA.  It's called winning....a championship.  If you play for my team and you AREN'T chasing a championship then you getting traded or cut. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom