Official LEBRON 2010 Thread (The Decision: MIAMI HEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jay-Z will propose James' own clothing line plus a new fragrance

laugh.gif

Really thinking outside the box

Originally Posted by ddot7

Originally Posted by lilpennymagicfan

Originally Posted by Al3xis

he would benefit financially more in NY than anywhere elsewhere

End of story.

please explain?

lebron is inked to the most popular beverage company- coca cola
lebron is inked to the most popular food chain-mccdonalds
lebron is inked to most popular insurance-state farm
lebron is inked to the biggest athletic apparal market- nike
also has bubbalicious, powerade etc..

His name alone can get him any contract he wants from any endorsement. He understands that he cant overwhore himself out to 50 different things because it will hurt more than it helps.

All ny can do is put billboards up for tourists to see.

You don't think there's more value in Lebron being in NY for McDonald's, Nike, Coke, State Farm, etc etc?  Why do you think ad space in a city costs more than on some rural highway?  In a major magazine compared to a local newspaper?  During the Super Bowl rather than a pre-season game?  It's all about exposure and despite the fact that Lebron is already a high profile celebrity, being in NY would only elevate that.

Obviously, the other side of it is winning championships.  Winning championships in Miami would likely have as much value as not winning them in NY.  In Cleveland?  Not as clear cut but it's pretty obvious Cleveland would need to do a lot more to get over the hump.

My point is, you don't understand marketing if you believe that being in NY wouldn't have an exponentially greater value to Lebron AND these companies, NBA contract/results aside.

*yawn*

- you NY clowns kill me. marketing doesnt mean what it used to in this internet age. dude doesnt HAVE to play for NY to get the same exposure, yall can say it until you get blue in the face doesnt make it true.

seasoned vet wrote:

- you NY clowns kill me. marketing doesnt mean what it used to in this internet age. dude doesnt HAVE to play for NY to get the same exposure, yall can say it until you get blue in the face doesnt make it true.

people who think the digital age killed the impact of large market cities are naive.

he can get money anywhere else. yes but he can get MORE money in New York
he can get exposure anywhere else. yes but he can get MORE exposure in New York

certain things are common sense and not worth arguing about. you think lamar odom is getting nation wide taco bell commercials if he played in Utah?

Originally Posted by UrboyzAris

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Jay-Z will propose James' own clothing line plus a new fragrance

laugh.gif

Really thinking outside the box
Seems pretty funny to me but you never kno Lebron might bite ..

- i mean, maybe, but how is this a chip to bargin with when he can start a clothing line anytime he chooses. and if he doesnt want to spend his own money, just off the strength of his friendship with Jay and his celebrity status he can start on with Jigga no matter what team he goes to......

Originally Posted by DubA169

seasoned vet wrote:

people who think the digital age killed the impact of large market cities are naive.

certain things are common sense and not worth arguing about. you think lamar odom is getting nation wide taco bell commercials if he played in Utah?

- thats not what i said. i dont think it killed the impact, it just narrowed the margin, its not as important as it once was. certainly not as important as NYers try to say it is....not anymore.

.....and ive never seen any Lamar Odom Taco Bell commercials
tongue.gif
. and if you shipped LeBron to Utah he'd get the same exposure he gets now. so figure that one out......

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by Basketballsavant

His BBall camp starts on the 5th and Bucher reported he has informed teams that a decision will be made before then.
That means that he has pretty much already decided where he's going.

The rest of these proceedings are a formality.

Don't y'all think this benefits the Cavs?
I mean.. I find it hard to believe he would say he's leaving then expect to go to his camp and not think he would get $#+$ and be razzed on the whole time. 
grin.gif

We shall see though.

I have said this before...I think this is the BEST time for him to bounce if he chooses.  I think we all just need to imagine ourselves as Bron right now.. Would you leave your hometown whom you promised to bring a title too and failed to do so?  Akron is his home, not Cleveland but I think you guys don't understand.  The cities are like 30 minutes away.  I know because I live on Akron's campus, and drive from there to the Q a whole lot during the season  It's not like it's a few hour drive.  They right there.  He leaves he lets Akron down as well.  

All in all...I think in his mind he wants to leave, but in his heart he feels he has to stay.

BUT. If he's all about titles and rings he is a FOOL for not wanting to go to the Chi to play with Bosh & Rose.  MIA with Wade & Bosh or any other scenario.  

He is in a VERY VERY difficult spot. 

NT FAM don't go killin' my dude and my team if he re-signs 
happy.gif

I hope he announces his decision at a press conference before having any information leaked to the media.

Imagine how intense that would be.

Originally Posted by DubA169

seasoned vet wrote:

I like this argument, but for reason that you will probably disagree with. I think because those benefits of NY, I think he passes.  I think LeBron is a little scared/intimidated by NYC.  I love LeBron like everyone else and I am a Ohio native(would love to see him stay), but I dont think LeBron is on board with going to NYC and winning.  For one, I dont think that he wants that pressure of winning in the big apple.  Today he's their darling, but if they get bounced in the first or second round of the playoffs, LeBron will be on suicide watch if he thought the response to his lack of performance in Cleveland playoffs were bad.  I just dont think that he is willing to take that gamble on making NYC a winner.

Now NJ Nets makes the best sense.  Super owner, proven Head Coach, and a rebuilding team that's off the radar.  Plus with the piece's in place already, it would be a perfect place for Lebron to make his mark without the added pressures of NYC.

Wow. Some sketchy $#%@ just happened. J.A. Adande tweeted about how the NBA store may be giving hints and posted a link of a LeBron James #6 Chicago Bulls replica.

They removed it.

I tried to print screen and when I pushed THE button to capture the screenshot, it refreshed to Google.
smh.gif
eek.gif

Some shady $#%@ going on.

Your Search for "4055669" found [
alien.gif
items

eyes.gif

Re: NBA Store James jersey. Nevermind RT @stevegraham28: Thats a customized jersey.....someone put in James and a #6
15 minutes ago via TweetDeck

you guys really think the NBA would be that dumb?

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Wow. Some sketchy $#%@ just happened. J.A. Adande tweeted about how the NBA store may be giving hints and posted a link of a LeBron James #6 Chicago Bulls replica.

They removed it.

I tried to print screen and when I pushed THE button to capture the screenshot, it refreshed to Google.
smh.gif
eek.gif

Some shady $#%@ going on.

Your Search for "4055669" found [
alien.gif
items

eyes.gif

bulls6.jpg

Originally Posted by air max 87

i wanna know how many knicks fans gonna hang themselfs when he doesnt sign with the knicks....
This guy's inferiority complex w/ NY is
laugh.gif
...if he signs with Cleveland or NY, a lot of y'all gotta eat a big plate of crow +*@%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom