Official LEBRON 2010 Thread (The Decision: MIAMI HEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
belle i know theres the lbj-worldwide wes-cal connection that might be the reason.

Originally Posted by belle155

Originally Posted by K Town Trash

I'm gonna be honest. I've been a big fan of LeBron ever since his SVSM years when was like 10. And the only reason I became a Cavs fan was because of LeBron. Where ever he ends up this summer, I'm gonna root for that team. I know Kobe fans would've rooted for Chicago if he would've ended up leaving couple years ago so I don't feel like I'm "bandwagoning" the Cavs.
i dont know any 10 year old high schoolers.  this is the difference between lebron fans and cavs fans.  why do you have that "raised here, stays here" sig when you just said it doesnt matter where he goes, you'll cheer for that team? not that its a big deal, half of the Q has been filled with people like you for the past 7 years.
sick.gif
ooh got em!

if lebron leaves cleveland, he'll forever be known as a quitter. i just can't see him leaving and having his legacy tarnished like that.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

belle155 wrote:

K Town Trash wrote:

I'm gonna be honest. I've been a big fan of LeBron ever since his SVSM years when was like 10. And the only reason I became a Cavs fan was because of LeBron. Where ever he ends up this summer, I'm gonna root for that team. I know Kobe fans would've rooted for Chicago if he would've ended up leaving couple years ago so I don't feel like I'm "bandwagoning" the Cavs.
i dont know any 10 year old high schoolers.  this is the difference between lebron fans and cavs fans.  why do you have that "raised here, stays here" sig when you just said it doesnt matter where he goes, you'll cheer for that team? not that its a big deal, half of the Q has been filled with people like you for the past 7 years.
sick.gif

ooh got em!

zing!

Originally Posted by belle155

Originally Posted by K Town Trash

sick.gif

honest question but why does lebron like coach cal so much?  i know he respects coach K with all the olympic stuff and that but why the coach of kentucky?? is it just because of Wall?  honest question i have no idea
i meant i watched him when i was like 10. i dont even know why i have that sig and i live in LA.. but good point tho 

[h4]1. Trying To Figure Out LeBron's Future[/h4]

By Chris Sheridan
ESPN.com

BOSTON -- So which LeBron James do you want to believe?

The LeBron who said he hasn't given much thought to what he's going to do with his future?

Or the LeBron who said "my team has a game plan"?

Because James said both of those things after finally making his way to the interview room more than an hour after the Cavaliers' season came to a swift and stunning end with a 94-85 loss to the Boston Celtics in Game 6 of their Eastern Conference semifinal.

Myself, I'll go with the LeBron behind Curtain No. 2, and beyond that I'll only go so far as to say I believe he has played his final game for the Cleveland Cavaliers. It's been seven long years for James in Cleveland, and as Kevin Garnett pointed out, it's hurtful at times when you cannot get your youth back.

And the crossroads James now finds himself at is the one at which he chooses between staying in the state where he was born and raised, the state where he was loved like no other professional athlete Ohio had ever produced, or moving on to the next stage of his life, the stage where he breaks beyond the boundaries that have confined him to a Midwestern comfort zone and goes on to bigger and better things.

Chicago? Miami? New York?

Could be any one of those three, and whoever knows exactly what details Team James' game plan entails isn't yet spilling those beans.

Celtics fans certainly had fun letting James know their prediction, chanting "New York Knicks" whenever he stepped to the foul line on a night when his triple-double of 27 points, 19 rebounds and 10 assists was buttressed by his nine turnovers.

James did not speak to the specifics, whether pro or con, of playing in any of those cities -- or even the possibility of remaining in Cleveland.

What he said he'd do is go into the summer with the proper mindset, something I asked him to define in the final question he took in his postgame news conference.

"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

James also was asked what he could say to the people in Cleveland, and it was noteworthy that he used the past tense in saying "We had a great time together."

Great, at least, until they booed him Tuesday night in the disappearing act that'll go down as the LeBacle.

Unlike a year ago when he stormed off the court and left the arena in Orlando without speaking publicly after his season-ending loss, James was the sportsman this time around as he stayed on the court to congratulate the Celtics. As good as his numbers were, he had only one spurt that seemed to put the Celtics on their heels, making a pair of 3-pointers early in the fourth quarter to get the Cavs' deficit down to four, 78-74.

Boston immediately called timeout after the second 3, coach Doc Rivers reminding his team what he told them pregame: We don't need any heroes in this game; we need to continue playing together as a team.

In the ensuing moments, that entailed a number of arms reaching in at James and forcing him to dribble the ball off his foot for a turnover that turned into a fast-break bucket by Rajon Rondo (21 points, 12 assists, five steals) at the other end. After Anderson Varejao missed from underneath off a pass from James, Paul Pierce drilled a 3-pointer, Antawn Jamison and James each missed a 3 and Rasheed Wallace knocked in a 3 from the corner to get the lead back to 12.

The coup de grace came on Boston's next possession, a 2-on-1 break (James was the 1) on which Garnett took a pass from Rondo and dunked to make it 88-74 and send the crowd into a frenzy.

Cleveland got no closer than seven the rest of the way, and James was ousted from the playoffs at the Garden in the second round for the second time in three years. Boston will begin the Eastern Conference finals at Orlando on Sunday afternoon.

"One thing we don't lack is confidence, and that was the case even when we were playing like crap and trying to get our chemistry problems together," Garnett said. "I think we hit our stride at the right time."

No one could have seen this drastic a turnaround after James came into this building six days earlier and scored 21 first-quarter points en route to a 29-point victory that gave Cleveland a 2-1 lead in the series.

But that ended up being Cleveland's final win, and the chances that it will end up being James' final win in a Cavs uniform now appear greater than ever.

James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh have already acknowledged they plan to speak together and go over the options they will be presented with in the biggest free-agency period in NBA history, and James' acknowledgement that he has a "game plan" is an indication that things may be farther along than most people realize.

The latest talk making the rounds regarding Chicago is that the Bulls could be the best fit because they already have a top-tier point guard in Derrick Rose and an athletic big man in Joakim Noah, plus they have a coaching vacancy that could conceivably end up being filled by John Calipari, who is extremely close to both Rose and James confidante William Wesley. The Bulls did make a head-scratcher of a trade when they gave away John Salmons and their No. 1 pick to Milwaukee at the trading deadline, but the deal gave them the flexibility to have max money available this summer. Yes, James would have to play the next several years in the shadow of Michael Jordan, but the generation that is as old or younger than James (25) has more vivid memories of Jordan as a Wizard, or as owner of the Bobcats, than they do of him winning six titles for the Bulls.

Miami is intriguing (aside from the obvious climate reasons) because Pat Riley has been throwing around talk of building a dynasty, and he already has one dynastic building block in Wade, who has indicated that his heart is in Miami and he would prefer to stay there. If the Heat can clear more cap space by moving Michael Beasley and/or Daequan Cook and James Jones before the draft, or in a trade that would be finalized July 8, they could afford to have James, Wade and a third stud, presumably a big man from the available free-agent threesome of Bosh, Amare Stoudemire and Carlos Boozer.

The Knicks? Well, James is on record as saying New York is his favorite city, and Madison Square Garden is his favorite NBA arena to play in. If James is serious about becoming the world's first billionaire athlete, the opportunity to boost his earning potential on a global scale is greatest in the city that is home to Wall Street. Also, New York has cleared enough cap room to sign James, plus another max free agent, and still have a few million dollars left over.

You also can't completely discount the Nets, with Jay-Z (James' buddy) still a part-owner following the transfer of controlling ownership from Bruce Ratner to Mikhail Prokhorov. But that franchise is set to play the next two seasons in Newark, and it's hard to see the King serving time in purgatory before the Brooklyn arena is built.

So if it is truly a four-team race that includes the Cavs, we have to circle back to James' statement about a game plan.

He gave no clues to its details, but in acknowledging that it exists he sounded like a man with plans for bigger and better things than Cleveland has to offer. Remember, when he picked up his MVP trophy, he told the crowd he would always be loyal to Akron.

And on the night he may have played his last game for Cleveland, he certainly didn't sound like a man with a plan to be married to the Cavaliers forever. If that were part of the "game plan," he would have at least given Cavs fans a glimmer of hope.

"The world is his, whatever decision he's going to make," Garnett said.

But on this night, it was a world in which the city of Cleveland seemed like a very small point on a very big map.

As James said: "We had a great time together."

Had.

Past tense.

Spoken like a man for whom the good times ahead, if they ever occur, will happen elsewhere.

I said last night, he has to leave at this point.

It's not about marketing or more money anymore, if he wants to win, or have the best chance to do so..he needs to get outa there.

Cavs built that team to win this year. There is no future.

The newly acquired gutless wonder is owed 30 million over the next 2 seasons. Andy and Mo are gona be eating up about 16 million a year.

Hell, Boobie Gibson is owed $9 million the next 2 years.

ebe2567ee6bc62e4ff1f5cddfb6bce3dcc46310.jpg

larry ellison - owner
jerry west - gm
coach k - coach
steph, monta, and lebron

do it...
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

[h4] [/h4]

Had.

Past tense.

Spoken like a man for whom the good times ahead, if they ever occur, will happen elsewhere.

Totally False, this has been played all day on Cleveland radio and it's clear that he said .....HAVE, NOT PAST TENSE

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

yall bunch of clowns we know where hes going next year......................................

LeBronLakers.jpg

laugh.gif
 i kid i kid....hes going to either NY or NJ either way the cavs organization and the cavs fans who talk sooooo much garbage will go back to irrelevance
pimp.gif
damn those throwback lakers jerseys are so mean
pimp.gif

Yeah, this thread was so necessary. It's moving faster than general threads do.
laugh.gif

This guy really did put Cleveland up there though. I'll be honest, I forgot they were a team when Ricky Davis was playing there. Lebron gets drafted and I'm thinking "who the hell are the Cavaliers?"
laugh.gif

take a year off to decide while pursuing dreams of the NFL...
pimp.gif
.....don't know how that elbow will hold up through NFL preseason though.

TrueHoop reader David e-mails:
You rarely see any athlete take the kind of criticism LeBron has over the past few days. I'm having trouble thinking of another instance where someone has had such a brilliant start to his career and had every part of his game and psychological makeup questioned.

There's nothing wrong with questioning someone's play after a bad game, but people have attacked his heart, desire, and even basketball IQ in the blogosphere. Supposedly he doesn't have a "killer instinct" despite the fact that he has single-handedly destroyed many teams in the playoffs previously.

All this, and we still don't have any real information on the seriousness of his injury.

I don't know if people are just jealous of his success, like to act like know-it-alls, or just get some weird enjoyment at being able to tear someone down behind the anonymity of the internet. But it's kind of gross.

Originally Posted by jose cansec0

LEBRON TO THE BULLS = RINGS FOR YEARS.

rosebrongibsonnoah&possibly amare,wade,or bosh = madness @ the UC daily if its a home game or not.......

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

You rarely see any athlete take the kind of criticism LeBron has over the past few days. I'm having trouble thinking of another instance where someone has had such a brilliant start to his career and had every part of his game and psychological makeup questioned.

There's nothing wrong with questioning someone's play after a bad game, but people have attacked his heart, desire, and even basketball IQ in the blogosphere. Supposedly he doesn't have a "killer instinct" despite the fact that he has single-handedly destroyed many teams in the playoffs previously.

All this, and we still don't have any real information on the seriousness of his injury.

I don't know if people are just jealous of his success, like to act like know-it-alls, or just get some weird enjoyment at being able to tear someone down behind the anonymity of the internet. But it's kind of gross.

well thats what happens when you go along with being called "the king" and actually have a tattoo of "chosen 1" on your back .

Originally Posted by freddymartinez

this is going to be worst than the brett favre coverage

You don't know the half of it bro!

You got Knicks fans that have been waiting for 2 years for this moment...you got us Bulls fans now in the race....then you have the heart broken Cavs fans hoping to hold on to the hometown hero...throw in some wild card hopefuls and you will have some threads that won't die til he is signed

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

well thats what happens when you go along with being called "the king" and actually have a tattoo of "chosen 1" on your back .

best player in the world....criticism just comes with the territory with anyone at the top of the game in any realm of society(business, politics, sports). get used it it mr. truehoop reader. And there's a difference between "being able to tear someone down" on the net vs actually doing it.

Originally Posted by freddymartinez

this is going to be worst than the brett favre coverage

laugh.gif
 its already overkill..cant imagine July 1st
eek.gif

im hoping NY 1st or Chicago 2nd...

im a huge lebron (call me bandwagon or whatever but he's been a favorite since seeing him in high school on espn) fan from Houston that actually made several trips to see him play in Cleveland
sick.gif

guess ill have a new city to travel to next yr lol

IDK why a lot of people are saying he will go to the Bulls. Why would he play with Noah? Doesn't LeBron have some beef with Noah? They got into eachother faces twice this year.
First Noah started talking trash about him dancing and then he goes off and says Cleveland is a trash city. Lebron certainly didn't seem friendly towards Noah this year. I'm pretty sure LeBron dislikes Noah. If he does go to the Bulls, I bet LeBron will ask management to trade Noah.

Originally Posted by Jason23Richardson

indifferent.gif
 ya'll really think LeBron going to Bulls, maybe if Jordan was never a Bull, cmon son you know damn straight he wants a legacy of his own. That's just common sense.

Knicks >>> Stays with Cleveland >>> Swaggerjacks MJ and goes to Chicago
2uo28wg.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom