Official LEBRON 2010 Thread (The Decision: MIAMI HEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by RKO2004

Why do you all keep saying the Cavs suck and they won 60+ last year?

Is it because they didn't win a ring because if that's the case, 29 other teams.

Cleveland won 60+ games mainly because of Lebron. Without him, they would win maybe 35 games at most.Knicks roster without Lebron > Cavs roster without Lebron

Originally Posted by chillainvillain

Is it because they didn't win a ring because if that's the case, 29 other teams.

Cleveland won 60+ games mainly because of Lebron. Without him, they would win maybe 35 games at most.Knicks roster without Lebron > Cavs roster without Lebron
Yeah because they have Stat now.

Head to head last year without Lebron or Stat, Cavs.

And if they won 60 + games because of Lebron, lets say He stays and they sign a few nice players or make some trades that can put them over the top? Then what?

Dudes just trashing the Cavs for NO REASON. A trash team doesn't win 60 games period.

Cavs Had they chance my dude and failed big time!! they went and got jamison and shaq last yr and lost in the 2nd round??!! what could be them over the top??? Cavs won 50+ games for the past 2 yrs and still havent made it to the finals in the dreadful east. So i dont know how you can actually make a case that the Cavs can get any better if Bosh dont even want to go there!!! and IMO Bosh is the best possible player to put Cavs over the top!!!

The Cavs are not trash, but as a team that has won 60+ games but failed to make the Finals for two straight years, it might be time to label them overachievers.

Even Lebron knows that the Cavs need another marquee player to have a real shot. 60+ wins doesn't really mean much to him now. Jamison was supposed to be that guy, but that didn't work too well.

The problem for the Cavs is with Chris Bosh reportedly agreeing to terms with Miami. Even as one of the best two players in the world, even with his recruiting efforts, and even with the Cavs' obvious needs at certain positions, Lebron STILL can't convince players to join him. He couldn't get Michael Redd four years ago and couldn't convince Bosh now.

Players really don't want to come to Cleveland even though it means playing with Lebron on probably a championship-caliber team. That's an unnecessary hurdle in the way of getting that second marquee player, one that Lebron might be thinking he won't have to deal with elsewhere.

Just a thought.

Look what that Cavs team did in the playoffs when it mattered. 
tired.gif

If Bosh doesn't wanna play in Cleveland than how is the team going to improve for next season? The group right now has already proven they can't win.  I think a Heat team with Bosh and Wade would have a better season (and playoff run) than the 09-10 Cavs.

Like someone else said, it's a lose-lose for LeBron.  If he stays (and no FA join him) he saves face in Ohio but doesn't improve his basketball situation in terms of winning.  If he leaves, his hometown and city of Cleveland will never forgive him.

The Knicks seem to be the most logical choice.  They already have Amare signed up and have a couple decent role players and it's looking like with Eddy Curry's contract off the books next year they'll be able to add even more firepower to the lineup.

JUST HEARD:    BOSH TO MIAMI!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Who do YOU think YOU are? D-Wade, Melo, Bron, Stat? YOU don't even have a nickname!
laugh.gif

his nickname is actually CB4

laugh.gif

All this is interesting but I think we all ave forgotten Lebron wants to go down as the best. What better way to go down as THE BEST other than defying ALL the odds and winning in Cleveland without Amer'e, Wade or Bosh?

If He accomplishes that, He'll be well on his way. He's goes to NY, maybe he'll be the best in Knicks history or top 5, but He wont trump Jordan. Even if He has more rings, He'll be held down because He had to go elsewhere to chase down titles.

This guy ego is big, do you all really think He's just salivating at leaving a place where people are doubting He can win at? Jordan NEVER backed down so Lebron can't. We'll see.

its all about money not about "legacy" give me a break.

Lebron would be ******ed to return to Cleveland cause that supporting cast
hardly provides support. If he went to the Knicks he'd make far more
just from a marketing standpoint (regardless if the contract offered
cannot be higher than Clevelands).

Like allen said, it wouldn't surprise me if he stayed but I'd question his
sanity.

Originally Posted by Truballa101

Originally Posted by DMan14

just when i didnt think this could get any crazier, he is going to televise his decision.

how pissed off would knicks fans (or any team) be, if he pulled some !*%@ like, "next year you will see me play at madison square garden. *LONG PAUSE* in a cleveland cavaliers jersey. but if he did that to cleveland, that's just wrong... lol

this had me
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

this guy is REALLY milking this whole situation. Be on the lookout for the 'witness the decision 7-8-10' t-shirts on sale today
smh.gif

[h1]Bosh to join Wade in signing with Heat[/h1]
By Adrian Wojnarowski and Marc J. Spears, Yahoo! Sports 22 minutes ago

Dwyane Wade(notes) and Chris Bosh(notes) have decided to sign with the Miami Heat while continuing to recruit LeBron James(notes) to help them form an All-Star triumvirate that threatens to shift the NBA’s balance of power, two sources with knowledge of the plans told Yahoo! Sports.

“They think they’ve got a real chance to pull this off with LeBron,

Originally Posted by tylerhundley

I want him to go to the Knicks just so there is a slight chance that Nike finally releases those HWC 7s
laugh.gif

even if he doesn't come, Nike needs to release them as a consolation prize.

please.

Going back to Cleveland would just be him staying loyal. I don't think there's anyone that cleveland could pick up that would make them better than last year. Maybe boozer? But him coming back to cle Is highly unlikely. If lebron wants to win soon him bosh And Wade should take paycuts and play together in Miami

Originally Posted by leonard109

i really think it's a lose-lose situation for lebron.

Decision 1: Staying with Cavs: then he would make the entire nation get pissed off for wasting all this time.. for the last 2 years.. all this for nothing? And 1 hour show? all this buildup? plus the team sucks.

Decision 2: Leave for another team. HUGE SPIT in the face of cleveland fans. How in the world does this help his public image? screw his former team in front of the whole nation?

lose-lose-lose

I see the whole league booing him next year.
I sort of agree. No matter what decision he makes, he's gonna gain a whole lot of negative press from either NY or Cle. The fans of the city that he doesn't pick will most likely forever hold some animosity toward him.

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

- Please tell me I'm not the only onewho sees right thru this $%$%?...all of this misinformation andeverything that's been going on..

ESPN had incentive 4 reporters 2 create impression NYC, Chicago, Nets, Miami and Clev all n running 4 LBJ.

prolly apart of the plan the whole time...ESPN is known to "create" news rather than just reporting it, but I felt ESPN was overdoing this just because this is usually the down period in the Sports year.... this here tho, is a whole other level of smh.

And Dwyane Wade & CB4 is making a documentary out of this, which we know will also air on ESPN sometime in the near future.

Definitely sounds plausible. It's likely that ESPN and NIKE were in on this together. Cuz I'm betting we'll see some new 60 second Nike ad about LBJ. I mean, there's no doubt Nike made a commercial for each team he could potentially sign with. But I agree that Nike and ESPN had a big hand in stirring this pot of speculation to serve their own individual goals.

Originally Posted by h3at23

WojYahooNBA

Official with team that made a formal presentation to LeBron James tells Y! Sports: "It's down to Cleveland or Miami for him."
Doesn't sound right. I really don't see him going to Mia to share the spotlight. And I don't see him returning to Cleveland at all. But in another 36 hours or so, we'll know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom