OFFICIAL LEBRON X+ NIKE ID THREAD

I love the conspiracy theories and while I wouldn't put it past nike to pull something like that, the truth is more likely a supply issue. Nike makes the individual parts for the ID ahead of time. The shoes are then made to order from the parts on hand to save time this is how they are able to get it made and shipped from China in 30 days. They obviously misforecasted the demand and got caught empty handed.

so i decided to see what would happen if i chose the all-teal id starting point that ndc has up. when i clicked it, it showed up with a grey upper but the funny thing is the side plate (or whatever you want to call it) stayed teal. 

I love the conspiracy theories and while I wouldn't put it past nike to pull something like that, the truth is more likely a supply issue. Nike makes the individual parts for the ID ahead of time. The shoes are then made to order from the parts on hand to save time this is how they are able to get it made and shipped from China in 30 days. They obviously misforecasted the demand and got caught empty handed.

Interesting.....

Good point, still crazy. Wonder what their forecast was for such CW iterations.

^^I am wondering if they didn't even try to forecast but instead just set a numver that they wouldn't exceed in the first month.....Its hard to say with nike. They are scandalous and never cease to amaze :rolleyes

just added an ID with atomic teal upper to cart
edit: nm tried a second time and...well there's gonna be alot of SB IDs out there! :lol:
i still have the first one in my cart. i wonder if it will let me purchase?
no biggie, i wanted to see how the color looks from others first anyway before i even attempted anything close to an SB.

I was wondering the same. I have a pair of grape inspired in my cart with teal tongue. Wonder what would happen if I ordered em....

Also, its not a definitive fact that just cuz they sold out means there will be alot of SB IDs. Maybe Nike just made that color option more limited than others.. With nike making all their releases limited it wouldnt surprise me... but it still could definitely mean there are alot of SB IDs too haha either way I could care less. Mine are being made :D

Last edited:
I don't know what's the problem with adding the teal to the upper , but I added line successfully , now it's being sent to me :pimp:

I was gonna order my sb pair today until I found out about the color selling out :smh: . Either Miami vice, yeezy, or Yankee cw for now

I call them Akuma's, from my favorite street fighter character. I've always been a fan of obsidian, navy blue type colors since a childhood. From having the OG obsidian's 12s & the low-top navy blue 13s, to the lowtop lebron cyber 9s.

Sounds cliche but, definitely pulling the trigger with these.

Quota was met, colored pulled, simple as that. If people think Nike really underestimated demand on its most popular color this decade then I want whatever you are on. At least people won't be posting countless SB renditions on every page anymore. 

Just did the Xmas VIII cw on ID. The teal sellout had me worried the red would go next. I had those and the red/blk pair LeBron was wearin with that givenchy shark sweater in my cart as well, but last minute decided to go with Xmas. These are for straight ballin. The pair I'm retiring were my first Kobes (Zoom Kobe IV id xmas colorway gold/white/purp with red laces), and these will be my first 'Brons. Excited to get these!

so i decided to see what would happen if i chose the all-teal id starting point that ndc has up. when i clicked it, it showed up with a grey upper but the funny thing is the side plate (or whatever you want to call it) stayed teal. 
On another note, someone keep this template, and mess around with it, see if they send you a Chrome upper with Teal hyperfuse/paneling

Man just got my gift card from work, now the SB color is out of stock? how do you sell out a color on NikeID? crazy

Quota was met, colored pulled, simple as that. If people think Nike really underestimated demand on its most popular color this decade then I want whatever you are on. At least people won't be posting countless SB renditions on every page anymore. 

Do you have a business degree? Are you familiar with inventorying, logistics, and how supply chains operate? Or are you making an assumption? Nike has been getting smarter with how many shoes it makes, they don't want to have product sitting on shelves that they have to discount. Nike ID doesn't get discounted and besides possiable returns you'll never see them on the shelf. It's in Nike's best interest to have product to meet demand in this situation, Nike ID is highly profitable they charge more but their material and labor costs are the same. People who want teal aren't going to buy if its not available. Hardcore shoe hypes might but they would have copped multiple pairs anyway. Yes, it's is possiable Nike is playing games but you can't be certain, especially taking in to account everything else.

Back
Top Bottom