OFFICIAL LEBRON X+ NIKE ID THREAD

For what its worth, a source from Nike campus verified that they buy the material pre-dyed and not the dye itself, so they ran out of material for the upper in that specific dye, but that's why you can still do inner lining teal because that's another material. It should be back once they purchase more of that pre-dyed teal material.

Not for me. Rather have the upper one color if that's the blocking it's going to have. The contrasting blocking on the regular version bred is disgusting.

THIS

I would rather have my upper one color as well.

i am not even a fan of the "claw color blocking. I just want the TPU plate to have its own options with more air bag and sole color options.

Logistics and inventory tracking/manufacturing has never been easier, more accurate and transparent than now with use of information technology.  WalMart has the most complex supply chain in history of mankind and they run like a machine because of technology. Nike knows what is selling but like you said, they don't care. There's a difference between not caring and "misforecasting" as Jack stated. 
Also being a business major, walmart has a simple formula when it comes to generating money and i forgot which is funny but its so simple thats why sam walton got rich off it. And other supply stores adopted it and used it for their selves. And of course as you stated technology makes everything easier to run

Logistics and inventory tracking/manufacturing has never been easier, more accurate and transparent than now with use of information technology.  WalMart has the most complex supply chain in history of mankind and they run like a machine because of technology. Nike knows what is selling but like you said, they don't care. There's a difference between not caring and "misforecasting" as Jack stated. 

you are correct, it has never been easier. but to assume that in 2 days they could have a full restoch in atomic teal or that nike should have unlimited product quantities on hand is just not reality. i dont have insight on the process for a color of plastic for a shoe on nike ID...but i am sure that its just easy as pie. it also isnt in nike's best interest to keep an insane amount of any color on hand. a good amount? yes. more than any other color? no. this is also the same reason why we dont see purple uppers, or pink uppers. yes there will be some purchases, but not enough to warrant ordering. there are so many decisions that have to be made about simple stuff like colors and choices that have to be made to mazimize profit. these types of decisions are over most peoples head. unless you have has formal training in the art of logistics, supply chain management and project management, you just wont understand. **** even i dont fully understand! and i have had formal training!!!

OAN

this isnt an economics/project mgmt thread so i will take it back to the shoes! :D

Last edited:

Astro_small_1.jpg

thumblg.png

don't know which one to get. leaning towards the navy sole more. :smokin

Last edited:

Can't decide...  Any suggestions.  I like them all about equally.  Looking to pick 2.

I would do the Kd with the grey sole and then the bottom two are iffy. the big bang are iffy because they are not going to sparkle or glow in the dark. But i like the kd with the grey sole out of all of them. The thing is that teal bottom reminds me of a glow in the dark shoes that is lit but the shoe isn't so thats why it looks iffy to me. And i would say hold up on the SB theme shoe because we don't know if nike is going to come out with their own version of it. Suck to have an id version if there is an official version of the shoe

I like the Yeezy and KD.

Nice work.

tempted to make a pair using these as an inspiration.. :smokin

8084681676_a9dc82a6bc_z.jpg

other than SBs of course 8)

Last edited:
I'm with rawdawg.....I'm very interested in the ability to pick the shade of the diamond TPU plate. But waiting for that potential option could be dangerous.

The ID options for the IX got worse, not better, as time progressed, as those of us who saw Gentry's early creations can attest to.

Will it be the same with the X? Who knows......it would be nice to have someone on the inside with Nike ID to tell us what's coming.

I'm with rawdawg.....I'm very interested in the ability to pick the shade of the diamond TPU plate. But waiting for that potential option could be dangerous.
The ID options for the IX got worse, not better, as time progressed, as those of us who saw Gentry's early creations can attest to.
Will it be the same with the X? Who knows......it would be nice to have someone on the inside with Nike ID to tell us what's coming.

agreed.

i slept on the first set of options not knowing that they would cease. they were by far the best of the options on the IX.

For what its worth, a source from Nike campus verified that they buy the material pre-dyed and not the dye itself, so they ran out of material for the upper in that specific dye, but that's why you can still do inner lining teal because that's another material. It should be back once they purchase more of that pre-dyed teal material.

This is what I figured.

Back
Top Bottom