Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
the corks don't even look comfortable. almost more of a novelty item then an actual wearable shoe.

need to cop the xmas though, that color :smokin

Don't worry. Nike will sell matching cork elite socks :x so it'll make them somewhat comfortable. Oops didn't mean to give them that idea. Who am i kidding they're already made or those machines that make custom socks are warmed up ready to go. >D

Whenever someone has a belief or information that is contrary to popular opinion around here, calling someone a troll, is always the fall back.

My comment was never about being top ten in sales in any particular month or quarter. The Nike Air Monarch is always on the top ten list at some point, but that does not speak to the popularity of that shoe, in regard to trends and then what is hot.

The real question is, what kind of life do YOU obviously NOT have, that you are so clearly worried about someone suggesting that Nike is not trending anymore, like it once was? 

Pitiful.

You don't have too look hard here in NYC, for the colors that many of you are calling hot, in the LBJ X. 
And what kind of life do you not have, that you are so clearly bashing Nike (on a Nike forum) every chance you get?

And what kind of life do you not have, that you are so clearly bashing Nike (on a Nike forum) every chance you get?
Every chance I get?

You act as if I am talking about your siblings.

So when I speak on finance, political issues, race, and religion while here on Nike Talk, I am bashing Nike as well, 'eh?

It seems that you are bit prone to hyperbole, just as every other person that will lack diversity and perspective in their lives.

BTW, I am putting a post up in General on Angela Davis, who recently spoke at an event in which I was present. Guess what?

She doesn't wear LeBron X's either.

Last edited:
This is a thread about the Lebron X's right??? :rolleyes because there a lot of Soap Opera talk going on in here right now :lol:

I will say ^^^^ LONGSTROKE has mellowed some in recent weeks. His "schtick" is less rant and a bit more focused and he's not 100 % negative and willing to "hear" the other side a bit better. I would say that the price point and increasing price increase of Nike BBall stuff is not helping their cause, and unless quality, function, and general "bang for the buck" improve, they will begin to lose even more of their once seemingly insurmountable edge. Maybe not quickly, but over time, it will suffer. I already see a lot less general interest in the X than the 9,simply because people can't stomach the price.

Yeah i noticed Longstroke has lightened up as well. Don't think he wants to be Jason Petrie'd on NT that's why :lol: Seriously though it's good for some of ya'll health to have someone that drops a little bit of truth now and then(even though you don't want to hear it). The truth hurts sometimes but it's good for the long run. Oh yeah wanted to comment on the issue some ppl have with others talking about posting getting shoes under retail. Really don't see how it hurts to see it posted. Swoosh pick ups yeah maybe. Isn't that a good thing than hearing someone say they got a pair of shoes for over retail. It helps ppl understand that there are good deals to be had if you have the patience or look around. Sellers set the price because ppl are posting that they got such and such for this amount and the next seller runs with it then it becomes a cycle for the next shoe. Also sends a message to Nike the prices are high and quality and materials don't match. They make a profit regardless but just so they know we aren't gonna take it if the prices increase every year. Sorry for the (pointless) rant. :\

The line seems to not be moving here in NYC, as every release can be found at retail, in a pretty good size run from what I am told.

Here, three factors are in play. The bad economy, Sandy, and the price of these shoes. Bad timing on the part of these companies, as the thought of a high end plastic is not only an oxymoron, but an insult to the consumer who'll value their dollar, especially in these times.

Believe it or not, New Balance and Adidas Originals are both on the rise due to this, for people who are not about ball, or sporting hoops shoes. 
Via Matt Powell:

Top sellers for November:  Jordan 4 “Bred”, 9 “Photo Blue”, Timberland 10061, Lebron X “Cutting Jade”, Jordan Spiz’ike Red/Black, Nike Air Force 1 white low, Monarch IV, Air Max Goadome and Timberland White Ledge.

Nike had 57 of the top 100 sellers, and Jordan 9.

I'm not saying that I don't believe you, but I am saying that you need more people...
he's talking about da factors that "dont show up on da stat sheet"

for middle tier crowd (100 and down) i must be assuming is what he's talking about.

with that said, i just copped a pair of cutting jade lebron X's...i got tired of looking at em on da wall, and from what this thread is looking like, unless you make em yourself

they aint gonna be better colors out so im one and done with da lebron X's.

Whenever someone has a belief or information that is contrary to popular opinion around here, calling someone a troll, is always the fall back.

My comment was never about being top ten in sales in any particular month or quarter. The Nike Air Monarch is always on the top ten list at some point, but that does not speak to the popularity of that shoe, in regard to trends and then what is hot.

The real question is, what kind of life do YOU obviously NOT have, that you are so clearly worried about someone suggesting that Nike is not trending anymore, like it once was? 

Pitiful.

You don't have too look hard here in NYC, for the colors that many of you are calling hot, in the LBJ X. 

i dont think people call you a troll because your opinion is different. they say it because you constantly come into this thread and say the same things over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over again. we get it, you hate nike, you hate hyperfuse.

and FYI...you dont have to look hard anywhere to find a FSR of any Drose sneaker that has released...which doesnt really matter, but to make a point by saying that about the LBJ X (which is true) makes no sense.

and fact of the matter is, people are gonna buy what they wanna buy.

nobody ever goes into your adidas appreciation thread and complains about how 98% of their designs suck. or how adidas did the same thing price wise with the Drose as nike has done with the lebron. or the fact that the material on the drose is also synthetic.

your opinion doesnt make you a troll, the fact that you "go into a baptist church and try to convert everyone to muslims" (figure of speech) is why you seem "trollish"

Last edited:
The line seems to not be moving here in NYC, as every release can be found at retail, in a pretty good size run from what I am told.

Here, three factors are in play. The bad economy, Sandy, and the price of these shoes. Bad timing on the part of these companies, as the thought of a high end plastic is not only an oxymoron, but an insult to the consumer who'll value their dollar, especially in these times.

Believe it or not, New Balance and Adidas Originals are both on the rise due to this, for people who are not about ball, or sporting hoops shoes. 

Via Matt Powell:

Top sellers for November:  Jordan 4 “Bred”, 9 “Photo Blue”, Timberland 10061, Lebron X “Cutting Jade”, Jordan Spiz’ike Red/Black, Nike Air Force 1 white low, Monarch IV, Air Max Goadome and Timberland White Ledge.
Nike had 57 of the top 100 sellers, and Jordan 9.

I'm not saying that I don't believe you, but I am saying that you need more people...

he's talking about da factors that "dont show up on da stat sheet"

for middle tier crowd (100 and down) i must be assuming is what he's talking about.

with that said, i just copped a pair of cutting jade lebron X's...i got tired of looking at em on da wall, and from what this thread is looking like, unless you make em yourself

they aint gonna be better colors out so im one and done with da lebron X's.

Where you cop them from Ninja?? I feel the same way as you but I want the Jades and Carbons. I think I'll continue working on putting my 9s collection back togethter, unless I see a pair of X that blow me away :wow:

thinking about trying for the xmas, but going after kds' first these will be afterthought

Pitiful.

i dont think people call you a troll because your opinion is different. they say it because you constantly come into this thread and say the same things over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over again. we get it, you hate nike, you hate hyperfuse.

and FYI...you dont have to look hard anywhere to find a FSR of any Drose sneaker that has released...which doesnt really matter, but to make a point by saying that about the LBJ X (which is true) makes no sense.

nobody ever goes into your adidas appreciation thread and complains about how 98% of their designs suck. or how adidas did the same thing price wise with the Drose as nike has done with the lebron. or the fact that the material on the drose is also synthetic.

your opinion doesnt make you a troll, the fact that you "go into a baptist church and try to convert everyone to muslims" (figure of speech) is why you seem "trollish"

:rofl:

NT quote/reference/punchline of the year??? :rofl:

You are correct. People do not call me a troll because my opinion is different. They call me a troll because they can't say what it is that they really WANT to say.

In regard to my defending Adidas, or even the Rose line, people do go into the DRose thread, then complain about the pricing, and that DRose got injured while wearing Adidas.

But I simply sit back in that thread, then let people have their say. No fear of dissension from me. I don't care what you think. I don't whine and complain about people coming in under different names, talking about their dislike of Adidas, simply because of what you've just stated, people are going to buy, what they want to buy.

Not that I actually give a damn as to what any of YOU buy, but that does not stop me from using my right to speak my mind, as I see fit.

Say what you want about them, because unlike people like you, I don't buy things in order to impress others.

Last edited:

You are correct. People do not call me a troll because my opinion is different. They call me a troll because they can't say what it is that they really WANT to say.

In regard to my defending Adidas, or even the Rose line, people do go into the DRose thread, then complain about the pricing, and that DRose got injured while wearing Adidas.

But I simply sit back in that thread, then let people have their say. No fear of dissension from me. I don't care what you think. I don't whine and complain about people coming in under different names, talking about their dislike of Adidas, simply because of what you've just stated, people are going to buy, what they want to buy.

Not that I actually give a damn as to what any of YOU buy, but that does not stop me from using my right to speak my mind, as I see fit.

Say, what you want about them, because unlike people like you, I don't buy things in order to impress others.

Serious question, how do YOU know what that man buys? Has he ever stated that he buys certain kicks to impress others? :nerd: Im just saying ...

Serious question, how do YOU know what that man buys? Has he ever stated that he buys certain kicks to impress others?
nerd.gif
Im just saying ...
Please...
laugh.gif

You can place negro or whatever you claim to be in front of that one, if you choose.

Last edited:

Say, what you want about them, because unlike people like you, I don't buy things in order to impress others.

I don't know you from Moses. Heck your name may even be Moses in real life. I think your last statement/comment is what can tend to "rub people the wrong way" Your assumption seems to be ( perhaps I am wrong ) that people in many of these threads buy Nike product because they want to impress others. You, on the other hand don't have that desire, and your "others" are not impressed anyway by Nikes on someone's feet. Whatever the case, you tend to paint a picture that you are above the hype or above being affected or influenced by others. If so, and if that's your thing, by all means, congrats, but I don't think you should operate under the assumption that everyone or most people on here buy Nikes because they desire to impress other people with them. Perhaps they just LIKE the way they look on their feet, feel on their feet, or look in their closet.

Why should that be an issue for you? Nike makes some crap, Adidas makes some crap, UA makes some crap. Some of Nike's stuff is higher priced crap than Adidas, Reebok, Saucony, Pony, Keds, Kangaroos, the list goes on. Who cares. I don't believe for a moment that buying or wearing Nikes makes me cool or makes me look better than someone who doesn't, but you give the impression that you almost look down on someone who wears NIke or favors Nike over another brand because they are trying to be something/someone that you aren't or don't want to be. I attempted to defend you earlier, and I think you have chilled somewhat, but at the end of the day, I don't get why you are so bent on making sure or trying to paint a picture of yourself vs. the rest of us. It's almost as if its "personal" to you that people would favor or like Nike and not "See through" their games, false marketing, or unfulfilled promises as if any of us ever rested anything or had any stake in them from the beginning. These are shoes, lets remember, for enjoyment, entertainment, or most importantly to cover your feet and provide some level of comfort throughout the day. If its much much more, then all of us could probably afford a few moments to take a step back and reflect. End rant- and Happy Holidays Longstroke. :nthat:

[/B][/U]
I don't know you from Moses. Heck your name may even be Moses in real life. I think your last statement/comment is what can tend to "rub people the wrong way" Your assumption seems to be ( perhaps I am wrong ) that people in many of these threads buy Nike product because they want to impress others. You, on the other hand don't have that desire, and your "others" are not impressed anyway by Nikes on someone's feet. Whatever the case, you tend to paint a picture that you are above the hype or above being affected or influenced by others. If so, and if that's your thing, by all means, congrats, but I don't think you should operate under the assumption that everyone or most people on here buy Nikes because they desire to impress other people with them. Perhaps they just LIKE the way they look on their feet, feel on their feet, or look in their closet.
Why should that be an issue for you? Nike makes some crap, Adidas makes some crap, UA makes some crap. Some of Nike's stuff is higher priced crap than Adidas, Reebok, Saucony, Pony, Keds, Kangaroos, the list goes on. Who cares. I don't believe for a moment that buying or wearing Nikes makes me cool or makes me look better than someone who doesn't, but you give the impression that you almost look down on someone who wears NIke or favors Nike over another brand because they are trying to be something/someone that you aren't or don't want to be. I attempted to defend you earlier, and I think you have chilled somewhat, but at the end of the day, I don't get why you are so bent on making sure or trying to paint a picture of yourself vs. the rest of us. It's almost as if its "personal" to you that people would favor or like Nike and not "See through" their games, false marketing, or unfulfilled promises as if any of us ever rested anything or had any stake in them from the beginning. These are shoes, lets remember, for enjoyment, entertainment, or most importantly to cover your feet and provide some level of comfort throughout the day. If its much much more, then all of us could probably afford a few moments to take a step back and reflect. End rant- and Happy Holidays Longstroke.
nthat.gif
You make it seem as if I am making an attempt to convince you guys of something.

I'm not.

I don't care what you buy.

I give voice to my observations, it is as simple as that.

I know that Nike is paying attention, and guys on here respond as if they actually work for Nike, and I find that funny.

As far as cats on here are concerned, the MAJORITY on here buy in order to show each other what they have, and then others buy in order to resell, catching vics.

There are very few ballplayers here on this site, so that is not what's here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom