Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The march toward gender-specific clothes was neither linear nor rapid. Pink and blue arrived, along with other pastels, as colors for babies in the mid-19th century, yet the two colors were not promoted as gender signifiers until just before World War I—and even then, it took time for popular culture to sort things out.

For example, a June 1918 article from the trade publication Earnshaw's Infants' Department said, “The generally accepted rule is pink for the boys, and blue for the girls. The reason is that pink, being a more decided and stronger color, is more suitable for the boy, while blue, which is more delicate and dainty, is prettier for the girl.” Other sources said blue was flattering for blonds, pink for brunettes; or blue was for blue-eyed babies, pink for brown-eyed babies, according to Paoletti."

Source
Read more: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/When-Did-Girls-Start-Wearing-Pink.html#ixzz2KtwyO549
Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter

If you read the full article it goes into how eventually blue became the gender for male and pink for female. Only in the last century did this become this way.

Reading is very fundamental. I didn't say it was an excuse nor did I say it should stay that way. I'm saying its a reason why people do things, right or wrong. It's accepted in some circles, it'll make people cry in other circles. This is America, our country is going down the toilet tho...

That's no excuse for it just because you've been programmed that way.

Its like saying it ok for older whites to be racist since they were programmed that way, that's a lame excuse.

"Try harder"

I'm assuming you didn't read my previous post so I quoted it for you.

About the ASG X, does the 3M dots on that pastel looking purple make it look messy under normal lighting in person? Asking those that paid attention to them in person...thanks

so when asked what i think about the forum turning into "gay" talk and if pink is manly or not i replied back to the shoes fellas.....now whats up with Eastbay telling me that they will have a size 13.5 in the ASG's but i just left their site and that size along with a couple other half sizes are not available!.....and now they are saying that the shoes are on backorder and won't ship til the 18th....smh!!

Last edited:
You would think that at some point all of us would be able to see pass color...whether its for racial differences or that of gender specifics. It really shouldn't matter! When it comes to race it's completely irrelevant because at some point everyone has a little of every race and creed in their heritage, and it makes no sense when you alienate someone you're only hurting yourself by exerting energy to do so. When it comes to gender colors, who gives a ****! Just like with a specific shoe model, wear what you like and don't wear what you don't. We're here for our appreciation of sneakers, lets share just that and let our petty differences be just that, petty.

Wow so I got a warning for saying "those pink denims are so ______" :smh: First off, I said it about a freaking shoe! I didn't call anyone ____, I didn't say whoever wears it is ___, I was not ___ bashing.. Geez yall got me like I'm Chris Cully or Tracy Morgan

Look, I think you guys are taking the word _____ too literal. I'm 28, and growing up, my friends and I would throw the word ____ around casually. We joke with it. It meant a lot of things. Someone could be acting real annoying and we would say, "man stop being so _____" or a teacher would gives us extra homework and we would say "damn that's _____" Now those situations have nothing to do with sexuality, at all.

I understand that nowadays, using that term like that isn't the most politically correct thing to say. But c'mon man, I think yall overreacted and are being way too sensitive. It's shoes man! Shoes have no sexual orientation. Do yall care about shoes that much? Unless we are not allowed to voice our opinions on a sneaker here, then I do think I said anything wrong. But I will apologize for derailing the thread with my comment. Just thought it was a silly comment that nobody would take seriously.

Just dead this nonsense already.

Hurt my head reading the last few pages.
mean.gif

Thanks! Also how hard will these be to cop online?
Most likely they will sell out quickly from Nike.com but footlocker and eastbay will say all shoes are taken but if you keep hitting add to cart you can get lucky and get a pair still. But they will be gone quick

I think you'll you have a good 5 min to get the ASG Brons online....everybody chasing the KOBes and KDs

Can't believe the discussion of men wearing pink is a still some type of controversy in 2013.

Stop worrying about the next man and just do you.

I honestly see the ASG dropping back down near Retail after the hype dies down. Too many releases this weekend and the near future

ima just try my hardest to get them tomorrow imo i like tis colorway alot i just hope if i dont prices arent crazy to get them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom