Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet people are going to say

"I couldn't add them to my cart!!"
"The link took me to an unavailable page!!"
"Can someone post the link?"

or something along those lines when it comes to sat. morning. Anyways good luck to all

Last edited:
^^mercer is a joke... prolly employees on here frontin....
really doe
hell nah........  waste of time... call winners let them pick whats left.... by size put too much control in employees hands... they already have too much as is... this way they can easily put their size aside without risking it running out due to raffle

basically online u fight bots ... offline u fight employees... i see a lot people gettin turned off by these releases ... its not fun anymore... i almost never see people rock their kicks either... the culture seems to be dyin

Not dying, just evolved into a money game. Every release is used to get money for the next release, to get money for the next release, to get...... Blah blah blah. I've accepted that I'm not willing to do half of what these others guys do. More power to them. I've also accepted that because of that I'll miss out on half of the shoes that come out. Is what it is. Luckily, doesn't bother me one bit.

^^mercer is a joke... prolly employees on here frontin....

really doe

hell nah........  waste of time... call winners let them pick whats left.... by size put too much control in employees hands... they already have too much as is... this way they can easily put their size aside without risking it running out due to raffle

basically online u fight bots ... offline u fight employees... i see a lot people gettin turned off by these releases ... its not fun anymore... i almost never see people rock their kicks either... the culture seems to be dyin
It doesn't matter how they do it, the employees still get their cut.  Whatever sizes employees wanted were put aside right when they got the shipment.

i almost never see people rock their kicks either.
Right now it's more like the "hoarding game" than a "sneaker game".

I got one more shot with 34th St. HOH tomorrow.  I'm not gonna even bother online if I strike out with the raffles.

Good luck to all trying to get through online this Saturday.

It doesn't matter how they do it, the employees still get their cut.  Whatever sizes employees wanted were put aside right when they got the shipment.

Yup, can't be mad at them though. That's pretty much the only perk they get with their min wage job. Essentially spending a paycheck for a pair to match their staff shirts and lanyards. I'd do the same thing.

I got one more shot with 34th St. HOH tomorrow.  I'm not gonna even bother online if I strike out with the raffles.

HOH in 125 got 24 pairs for 10000 ticket holding hopefuls, and somehow those odds are better than online. 

I must admit, the corks have made it much easier to cop other sneakers. The camo foams are sitting here in NYC like the red foams did way back when...

Whenever I go in for raffles and tell them size 12, I get a look that reads, "why are you even trying?"

I remember when I was a kid and worked at Finishline and Footlocker as an employee we were not allowed to purchase any releases on the first day of the release. Also I remember the stores having the new HOT releases locked up in a cage room.

Last edited:
Not dying, just evolved into a money game. Every release is used to get money for the next release, to get money for the next release, to get...... Blah blah blah. I've accepted that I'm not willing to do half of what these others guys do. More power to them. I've also accepted that because of that I'll miss out on half of the shoes that come out. Is what it is. Luckily, doesn't bother me one bit.
I think that's the problem ... the people who really are the backbone of the sneaker game are getting alienated .. they were the 'tastemakers' and 'trendsetters' back int he day...

but now all nike has to do is make a 'limited supply' and give it a trendy name and we (including me) are trying to strike gold to get the next yeezys or galaxies... tbh I am a foam head and thought the galaxies were kinda lame when I first saw them ... yall can flame ... but the pattern looked cheap and low-fi TO ME... for the normally plain foams they were interesting... true...  but if they were GR and sitting on a clearance rack I would have to think it over...but with a $1500 price tag the shoe is now a conversation piece and must cop for a foam collector... etc etc
I agree they will get theirs but going by size slows the process down so much they can easily manipulate it and get as many pairs as they want undetected... just imo

yep hoarding is right,.. it's now a commodity.. it used to be fun tho

Last edited:
I remember when I was a kid and worked at Finishline and Footlocker as an employee we were not allowed to purchase any releases on the first day of the release. Also I remember the stores having the new HOT releases locked up in a cage room.

inmates run the asylum now |I

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I have never owned a Lebron X or any shoe with flywire. But do you unlace the shoe, and swap laces just like you would with any other shoe? Or do you have to do it differently because of the flywire?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I have never owned a Lebron X or any shoe with flywire. But do you unlace the shoe, and swap laces just like you would with any other shoe? Or do you have to do it differently because of the flywire?
Same as any other...just have to be careful that the flywire loops don't fall back into the side of the shoe.  Mine stayed up, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom