Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't I find a sz 12.5 in the corks on eBay?!?

Wtf
Seems like they mostly made 9.5-10-10.5 sizes.... I tried finding a size 14 or 15 for someone here on NT and they're around 2 grand.... Keep searching is the only info I can really give, but if you find it, it probably won't be cheap.

ok so the only superhero colorway will be on the hyperflights? i remember seeing those hyperflights, but i thought i also saw someone in here say there was a "superhero" for the LeBron X. (KD Vs has Hulk)
I have seen the release sheets from a local FL and it read Nike Hyperflight SH (super hero) Navy/Orange - which fits the colorway of the Lebron Galaxy pictures floating around.

jordan23dotcom man i swear all you have to say on these threads is just negative... why do you care so much what other people think or do with just a pair of sneakers let them do whatever they want... i dont care how many times youve been repped you dont need to be tellin people what to do it doesnt affect you
THIS

have any of you guys seen the elite south beach samples on ebay? its on the ix thread, dont know if the are real or not , not my pic by the way
those are lebron X's with the raised portions painted... seen a couple customs done that way. but theyre OBVIOUSLY regular lebron Xs

jordan23dotcom man i swear all you have to say on these threads is just negative... why do you care so much what other people think or do with just a pair of sneakers let them do whatever they want... i dont care how many times youve been repped you dont need to be tellin people what to do it doesnt affect you

View media item 291254
CK pg 3 what did u do/say big homie???

Last edited:
Love it or hate it the cork is a classic shoe. There are people who don't realize it because they are on a campaign against resellers, hype, and the beasts that fuel Nike. If I was unable to secure a pair at retail I would move on like others have said. I did the same when I was unable to secure galaxy foams, Ray Allen and the bin 13's. Nike has produced a special product that included special tickets, special boxes, special material, and was made in limited quantities. Nike only produces so many of this type of shoe and they all will have their own little place in history.

Let me 1st say I am NOT hating on the shoe or the people that purchased it. Truly happy you individuals were able to get something you desired so much. Now to the matter of it being a classic, speaking from my own personal opinion, it does not matter at all to me what Nike does to make a shoe "special" they will NEVER deem a shoe as classic. In order for it to be a classic in my eyes the player himself has to accomplish something phenomenal in it during his career. Only player worn colorways are truly classic because you can go back and see that player do amazing things while wearing them. This is why Jordan has classics, why people wanted to be like Mike, and the slogan "is it the shoes" was created. As far as Lebron goes:

AZG, classic because its Lebron 1st shoe as he broke into the NBA as that next "IT" guy!

IV, classic because it was his first Finals appearance even tho he lost.

VIII, classic because of the move to Miami

IX, classic because its his 1st Championship season.

Now the X more than likely will become a classic due to him more than likely winning a 4th MVP and a 2nd Championship but until that happens I couldn't care less if Nike packaged the Corks with a bottle of Ace of Spades and a kilo of white girl it is NOT yet a classic but indeed a VERY unique and interesting concept sneaker that would make and is making for great conversation.

What deems a shoe classic in your opinion or anybody else that reads this? I want to hear other opinions too. I'm definitely not the end all be all by any means, just enjoying the adult mannered discussion.

Last edited:
View media item 290986
View media item 290987

have any of you guys seen the elite south beach samples on ebay? its on the ix thread, dont know if the are real or not , not my pic by the way
Those are fake man, do not bid!!! The air bubble is not zoom max due to the thin air max pillars in the forefoot, also the eyelets above the ankle region are different from the real ones stay away from that auction.

Let me 1st say I am NOT hating on the shoe or the people that purchased it. Truly happy you individuals were able to get something you desired so much. Now to the matter of it being a classic, speaking from my own personal opinion, it does not matter at all to me what Nike does to make a shoe "special" they will NEVER deem a shoe as classic. In order for it to be a classic in my eyes the player himself has to accomplish something phenomenal in it during his career. Only player worn colorways are truly classic because you can go back and see that player do amazing things while wearing them. This is why Jordan has classics, why people wanted to be like Mike, and the slogan "is it the shoes" was created. As far as Lebron goes:

AZG, classic because its Lebron 1st shoe as he broke into the NBA as that next "IT" guy!

IV, classic because it was his first Finals appearance even tho he lost.

VIII, classic because of the move to Miami

IX, classic because its his 1st Championship season.

Now the X more than likely will become a classic due to him more than likely winning a 4th MVP and a 2nd Championship but until that happens I couldn't care less if Nike packaged the Corks with a bottle of Ace of Spades and a kilo of white girl it is NOT yet a classic but indeed a VERY unique and interesting concept sneaker that would make and is making for great conversation.

What deems a shoe classic in your opinion or anybody else that reads this? I want to hear other opinions too. I'm definitely not the end all be all by any means, just enjoying the adult mannered discussion.

That's cool. Like the multitude of shoes we have to pick from, we all have different opinions. I think a classic shoe can come from a variety of things not only professional athletes, though most of what I consider classics are products bearing an athletes name.

Also, don't give Nike any more ideas of things to package with these kicks. I already have a hard time controlling this shoe habit :lol:

That's cool. Like the multitude of shoes we have to pick from, we all have different opinions. I think a classic shoe can come from a variety of things not only professional athletes, though most of what I consider classics are products bearing an athletes name.

Also, don't give Nike any more ideas of things to package with these kicks. I already have a hard time controlling this shoe habit
laugh.gif
very mature statement my friend!

Just got my pair in today. If I'm going to store these for a year or two, is there any part of this shoe that is going to yellow or not look the same as today? How should I go about storing these, wrapping it in plastic is what it seems to be but wouldn't that trap the moisture? Any help is appreciated, thanks fam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom