Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it safe to say the Corks have officially become the New York Knicks of the sneaker culture. Grossly overrated but extremely entertaining. I respect the collectors like Sneakermane for his devotion to the line and even respect MEMPHIS for doing what he has to in order to get results BUT this shoe is not a classic shoe simply put. It was never worn for anything done of any importance which is what basketball fans usually measure a shoe's importance by, generally speaking right? I understand the commemorative role it plays but even that seems gimmicky seeing as the 10 isn't the shoe worn for his 1st ring. Why are so many people up in arms over missing it? I'm MAD excited about the Elites just by the color codes. Hope the model is awesome!

Is it safe to say the Corks have officially become the New York Knicks of the sneaker culture. Grossly overrated but extremely entertaining. I respect the collectors like Sneakermane for his devotion to the line and even respect MEMPHIS for doing what he has to in order to get results BUT this shoe is not a classic shoe simply put. It was never worn for anything done of any importance which is what basketball fans usually measure a shoe's importance by, generally speaking right? I understand the commemorative role it plays but even that seems gimmicky seeing as the 10 isn't the shoe worn for his 1st ring. Why are so many people up in arms over missing it? I'm MAD excited about the Elites just by the color codes. Hope the model is awesome!

its probably because so many people missed out that actually wanted them. 1, for one, wasnt able to get them on release date. will probably never see them in person either.

filing the corks in the same category as the titanium XX3s. beautiful, unattainable, never to be seen by my eyes.

Peru.. I usually dig what your're saying.. but by your logic that would mean.

The Folks who hold shoes like:

The Fruity Pebbles
The Oregons (any version)
Dunkmans
Supermans

in high regard.

There was a time that those underground shoes were never worn and highly sought after.

The shoe scene is different we all know.. but this shoe actually DOES signify Brons Championship won which was long awaited and I think holds more significance than the ring Ceremony Sneaker because popping that bottle after a win is something serious...and many Bron fans felt like we were doing it too after all those years.

I do think it should have been a Lebron 9 that was done up.. but I dont think it would have looked right.

Just my two cents though.. we all have our own personal feelings...  I live in DC and have to defend why i support Bron weekly on the radio.. as well as why Im a Lakers fan..

Doesnt make sense to many.,,,, but it only needs make sense to me..

its probably because so many people missed out that actually wanted them. 1, for one, wasnt able to get them on release date. will probably never see them in person either.

filing the corks in the same category as the titanium XX3s. beautiful, unattainable, never to be seen by my eyes.

I should have kept my titaniums!!! DOH! that $1530 felt mighty good in my pocket though.... but where is it now? all i did was buy more shoes with it.

oh well cant live in regret. if it was meant to be, ill come across another pair of titaniums one day. lol.

I'm not salty. And I know I ain't paying $600 and up for a pair of shoes unless they retail for that not because of the shenanigans Nike is playing.

Since the beginning of the year, I missed out on the 88 WC3 and the Corks. Seriously, they're JUST shoes. Nike has the Setting Sun dropping in a few weeks, the Elite Lebron, KDs and Kobe's. We have a gillion Retro Jordans, more Kobe's, more KD's, etc. In a few months, we'll be looking at the 11s.

I feel like the resell value thought to be associated with the shoe was the driving force behind people "actually wanting them". Not to say everybody was in that boat but judging by the hundreds of eBay listings I'd say most were floating in those waters.

I've seen them in person, held them, inspected them and I only thought "oh that's cool" and moved on. I didn't get that feeling where you really wanna buy them and throw them on immediately. 99% chance I would've sold them too had I bought them because there is no significant reason to have them outside of the "limited" factor making other men whisper about what's on foot. I'd NEVER buy a shoe for that reason. As someone else mentioned earlier this really is just an expensive piece of memorabilia that belongs in a glass case for conversational purposes. If you planned on wearing these you shouldn't be all that mad you missed them. Would've been the worst $250 spent in your sneaker collecting days.

Last edited:

I feel like the resell value thought to be associated with the shoe was the driving force behind people "actually wanting them". Not to say everybody was in that boat but judging by the hundreds of eBay listings I'd say most were floating in those waters.

I've seen them in person, held them, inspected them and I only thought "oh that's cool" and moved on. I didn't get that feeling where you really wanna buy them and throw them on immediately. 99% chance I would've sold them too had I bought them because there is no significant reason to have them outside of the "limited" factor making other men whisper about what's on foot. I'd NEVER buy a shoe for that reason. As someone else mentioned earlier this really is just an expensive piece of memorabilia that belongs in a glass case for conversational purposes. If you planned on wearing these you shouldn't be all that mad you missed them. Would've been the worst $250 spent in your sneaker collecting days.

while resell did influence people wanting them, many more people didnt get them due to the availability.

personally, i'd happily drop $250 on these compared to the gimmic nike pulled with the half way done 88 cement 3s for 200.

corks are truly a unique shoe for the lebron line and i can appreciate that. they are also well done design-wise to me. the denims are terrible tho. quote me on that.

I am hoping NDC has a restock; and that I am able to cop. If not, I hope to find someone with an extra pair of corks in a size 10; trade and cash. I really like these, even tho I have not seen these in person as of yet. I've had a hard time getting any limited release on NDC. Twitter RSVP.., no problem. I prefer the way they handled the AY2 release; at a random time. Too many variables to deal with at a set time. Im sure a lot will disagree, mainly who cop off NDC with ease, but this was just all my imo. Not sour whatsoever, just wish I had a little luck on NDC is all.

Love it or hate it the cork is a classic shoe. There are people who don't realize it because they are on a campaign against resellers, hype, and the beasts that fuel Nike. If I was unable to secure a pair at retail I would move on like others have said. I did the same when I was unable to secure galaxy foams, Ray Allen and the bin 13's. Nike has produced a special product that included special tickets, special boxes, special material, and was made in limited quantities. Nike only produces so many of this type of shoe and they all will have their own little place in history.

I am hoping NDC has a restock; and that I am able to cop. If not, I hope to find someone with an extra pair of corks in a size 10; trade and cash. I really like these, even tho I have not seen these in person as of yet. I've had a hard time getting any limited release on NDC. Twitter RSVP.., no problem. I prefer the way they handled the AY2 release; at a random time. Too many variables to deal with at a set time. Im sure a lot will disagree, mainly who cop off NDC with ease, but this was just all my imo. Not sour whatsoever, just wish I had a little luck on NDC is all.
Was talking to a nike rep he said he was not sure of a restock but dont be suprised if you do see them pop up. I'm sure that's what they all say. 

Honestly don't feel these corks run THAT big with a pair if elite socks. A bit roomier but not sure I'd go .5 down. I'm an 11.

Could somebody shed some insight

I was provided a 15% off by NDC, but the chick was saying that we can't use them on new lebron releases. Thats contrary to what some members are posting unless they are just lying out their ***.

What gives

Could somebody shed some insight

I was provided a 15% off by NDC, but the chick was saying that we can't use them on new lebron releases. Thats contrary to what some members are posting unless they are just lying out their ***.
What gives

They are lying i used a 10% code on lebrons before

QFT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom