Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
No paypal?

And as far as the eBay arguments go, buy from who you want to, sell to who you want to, learn from your own mistakes, why is everyone trying to tell each other what to do like they can't make their own adult decisions haha, I swear half of you should have went to law school, love to argue.

^How did that happen?

Anyway when I can get a size 13 for around $500 I'll cop, if not I'll be happy with my Oly and Jade Xs.

Yes Paypal,

He used fake paypal emails and info

Like I said, I was just thinking and seeing $$$$$$$$ signs, specially when he was offering 1k for overnight shipping on the kix

I definately learned my lesson

But karma is a beach

Im good tho, its not like I lost a 1000$, in total all he did was get me for 389$

89$ for overnight shipping, 300$ for what I paid for the db3 a couple years ago, so Im good, though it stings

Still thankful and grateful and blessed for what I DO have and just gonna be more aware/careful from now on

Sneakermane

Yes thats exactly what I did

Like I said, he used paypal fake emails to send me info

Saying basically that the dough was deducted from his account and put into mine, but it wouldnt be approved until I provide a valid tracking #, and then the funds will be accessible within 24 hrs at 6pm central time

It was a good scam, specially for the unware like myself, smh

Matter of fact, LAOKRATWR posted the scam email thing in this thread or the kobe thread or kd thread I think

Thats when I became suspicious and started making phone calls to paypal and ebay

Paypal cant/wont do anything bcuz the kix have been shipped and delivered already

Ebay cant/wont do anything bcuz I prolly didnt sell to the highest bidder, but he never bid smh, he just messaged me the offer

Last edited:
It's hard to have confidence in buying a $800-1000 shoe from a 0 feedback seller when he's never sold a single thing on eBay before, and you have no way of knowing how reputable he is.

You guys entire argument/debate/convo is ridiculous

I listed on ebay for the 1st time ever last week, 0 feedback with DS Jordan DB3

Had plenty of bids/questions, then had a buyer(at least I thought he was) with 0 feedback buy the kix from me

Well, I got scammed, so now im out of an expensive pair of kix, and the money, will prolly never use ebay again

Rookie mistake from me I guess(on ebay), was just seeing $$$$$$$$$$ and handled things the wrong way, though I have an excellent feedback on othersite and am not new to the buy/sell/trade market scene

Smh
It goes both ways. If I have the option of buying an extremely expensive pair of shoes either from someone with a long history of good feedback vs someone else with 0 feedback, and the price is about the same, who would I have more confidence in that they're legit/authentic/etc? Likewise if I'm a seller selling to a buyer with 0 feedback, I always message him to make sure he'll actually end up paying and not waste my time, or try to do a chargeback on me or some shady crap like that. It's a case by case thing, depending on the seller/buyer and whether or not you've communicated with them and how open they are about providing info, pics, etc.

I've bought from sellers with 0 feedback as well as sold to buyers with 0 feedback before, and for the most part, it's been fine. But in general, why wouldn't I have more confidence in someone who has a higher feedback rating? That's the whole damn point of having those things in the first place.

It goes both ways. If I have the option of buying an extremely expensive pair of shoes either from someone with a long history of good feedback vs someone else with 0 feedback, and the price is about the same, who would I have more confidence in that they're legit/authentic/etc? Likewise if I'm a seller selling to a buyer with 0 feedback, I always message him to make sure he'll actually end up paying and not waste my time, or try to do a chargeback on me or some shady crap like that. It's a case by case thing, depending on the seller/buyer and whether or not you've communicated with them and how open they are about providing info, pics, etc.

I've bought from sellers with 0 feedback as well as sold to buyers with 0 feedback before, and for the most part, it's been fine. But in general, why wouldn't I have more confidence in someone who has a higher feedback rating? That's the whole damn point of having those things in the first place.

Ok, I agree, If it came down to a 0 feedback seller and high feedback seller with the same/close price range, Im prolly gonna go with the higher feedback guy

UNLESS, I can negotiate with the 0 feedback guy for a better price, then Ima go there and then aquire more info on the item before I do buy

But still, feedback ratings always start at 0

Last edited:
Probably shipped to an unconfirmed address. Happened to me with the GMP. Just follow their tips/rules to a T, and they will always have your back. It might take a month, but you will get your money back. Paypal can retroactively take money out of your acct if the buyer says it was "unauthorized"...but like I said, just have tracking #'s and receipts and they will rule in your favor. It's happened to me 4-5 times recently. Always got my money back.

Kenny, you mean when you are the seller right? I recently have a transaction through Paypal invoice, the buyer is verified but the address is unconfirmed because he is an oversea buyer. I call Paypal up to make sure I follow all the step that I need to do to avoid any charge back and stuff. They said its ok as long as I have tracking and signature on delivery, and also its a good thing to call paypal before you ship so its on record. But still nervous to deal with oversea buyers though. Hopefully I'm ok, keep my finger crossed!

That $750 to $1,000 resale price detail. :rofl:

I'm just saying...

LOL!!! I heard that!

the hate of the corks is strong within you.

just let these people be happy with their shoes. id rather see happy people than read crying for days.

you already know every "premium" release will yield superior quality. awesome craftmanship comments.

Why is me asking a question hate? I have no hate at all with the shoe but acting like this is the greatest shoe created makes me curious why people feel that way. I said it was a cool concept even though I think it was done on the wrong model. Don't clump people with questions and curiosity into a "HATER" category. That's mad dismissive and irresponsible of you. Be happy with every kick you buy, that's awesome. Just because I'm trying to figure out if I skipped over a major detail that everybody else has seen doesn't make me "hate" the shoe, Administrator!

I was going to say.. Im with Sneakermane... You def got $200 detail.. $1000 detail maybe not..

But these are one of the best concepts and greatly executed kicks in a long time.

Do you own a pair Peru or just going off pics?  Either way they are from my opinion nice.

Do not personally own them but as I mentioned I did spend some extensive time evaluating them thoroughly or atleast I thought. I left impressed with Nike having the idea but nothing more. I hoop in all my basketball shoes so the quality standard gets measured up to whether they can withstand me hooping in them. As this isn't a shoe for that intention I simply don't get the drooling over the amazing quality. Once AGAIN, I'm NOT HATING, I just like reading the different perspectives and opinions of others that share a similar passion as myself. If that's hate then why does this site exist?

Last edited:
LOL!!! I heard that!
Why is me asking a question hate? I have no hate at all with the shoe but acting like this is the greatest shoe created makes me curious why people feel that way. I said it was a cool concept even though I think it was done on the wrong model. Don't clump people with questions and curiosity into a "HATER" category. That's mad dismissive and irresponsible of you. Be happy with every kick you buy, that's awesome. Just because I'm trying to figure out if I skipped over a major detail that everybody else has seen doesn't make me "hate" the shoe, Administrator!
Do not personally own them but as I mentioned I did spend some extensive time evaluating them thoroughly or atleast I thought. I left impressed with Nike having the idea but nothing more. I hoop in all my basketball shoes so the quality standard gets measured up to whether they can withstand me hooping in them. As this isn't a shoe for that intention I simply don't get the drooling over the amazing quality. Once AGAIN, I'm NOT HATING, I just like reading the different perspectives and opinions of others that share a similar passion as myself. If that's hate then why does this site exist?
Ya know, I'm not hating but your talking all this non-sense about the corks, and your selling a GR Previously 4x retro-ed Jordan for 300 dollars. Do you not see the irony?

Ok, I agree, If it came down to a 0 feedback seller and high feedback seller with the same/close price range, Im prolly gonna go with the higher feedback guy

UNLESS, I can negotiate with the 0 feedback guy for a better price, then Ima go there and then aquire more info on the item before I do buy

But still, feedback ratings always start at 0
Sure, I get that everyone's gotta start somewhere. Just saying that all else being equal, it's more likely for me to buy from someone who's got a long history of good feedback vs someone who's just starting out, especially if the shoes involved are really expensive. There's less risk involved if I'm buying for example a pair of $80 Roshes or something vs Corks/South Beaches/Yeezys/etc. In that case, I wouldn't care as much about feedback.

I've also personally had a couple close calls in terms of getting scammed from people with 0 feedback (whether it's been the buyer or seller), so I'm always very cautious about dealing with 0 feedback people. Haven't really had those same type of issues when I've dealt with people with higher feedback ratings. You can get scammed by anybody, but the odds of that happening are lower if someone's got high feedback cuz the dude deals more often and is more likely not to pull something since he depends on having good feedback to keep getting buyers. Scammers are more likely to have 0 feedback because they just want to make a quick buck and disappear. It's all the scammers out there that screw it up for everybody and make people more cautious about buying from someone with 0 feedback.

Just received my Corks from HS.... these shoes are very eye catching.... too bad they are size 8 and not 13 
mean.gif

I can dig it... but you have to also go into the shoes knowing whether if its a performance shoe or not .. and this is an NSW shoe.. not a Nike Basketball shoe.. so Performance was not its intent in the least but purely lifestyle.

All other kicks.. Im right with you on that.. but I think you'd agree when it comes to performance.. details not important.. and when it comes to Nike Lifestyle shoes based on Basketball Siloettes performance should not be considered.

I will say that NSW plans on focusing on performance with many of their new non retro creations and those should be judged accordingly...

Ya know, I'm not hating but your talking all this non-sense about the corks, and your selling a GR Previously 4x retro-ed Jordan for 300 dollars. Do you not see the irony?

What non-sense am I speaking on the Corks? I wonder do people even read post or just chalk if up to hate the second a man doesn't join in on the circle jerk. I brought in nothing but conversational flow but its considered hate and non-sense? It's worse than the Salem witch hunt in here. Burn him if he doesn't worship!

What does me selling a shoe below "after market" value have anything to do with my conversation on the Cork? Im not discussing resell value, I don't see any irony what so ever but feel free to share.

Last edited:
Kenny, you mean when you are the seller right? I recently have a transaction through Paypal invoice, the buyer is verified but the address is unconfirmed because he is an oversea buyer. I call Paypal up to make sure I follow all the step that I need to do to avoid any charge back and stuff. They said its ok as long as I have tracking and signature on delivery, and also its a good thing to call paypal before you ship so its on record. But still nervous to deal with oversea buyers though. Hopefully I'm ok, keep my finger crossed!
Unless you have it in writing...

If you ship to an unconfirmed address you are only partially covered.  If the buyer turns around and says that the purchase was unauthorized you will be SOL. 

What non-sense am I speaking on the Corks? I wonder do people even read post or just chalk if up to hate the second a man doesn't join in on the circle jerk. I brought in nothing but conversational flow but its considered hate and non-sense? It's worse than the Salem witch hunt in here. Burn him if he doesn't worship!

What does me selling a shoe below "after market" value have anything to do with my conversation on the Cork? Im not discussing resell value, I don't see any irony what so ever but feel free to share.
Laughing and poking fun at the "after market" price of the corks. Did you not know what you typed?

Unless you have it in writing...

If you ship to an unconfirmed address you are only partially covered.  If the buyer turns around and says that the purchase was unauthorized you will be SOL. 

You being scammed like that before? damn wonder should I call it off.

the hate of the corks is strong within you.

just let these people be happy with their shoes. id rather see happy people than read crying for days.

you already know every "premium" release will yield superior quality. awesome craftmanship comments.

im not calling you a hater. you just make it seem like you hate the shoe. ive been reading your comments and you seem really critical of the shoe and people that like their purchase.

please chill with that "administrator" crap man. not the time nor place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom