Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Is it really showing off though? He throws down crazy jams in practically every game and is a SC Top Ten play waiting to happen; it's not like he needs pre-game to draw attention to himself. Personally, I'm going to get to the New Orleans Arena EARLY just to make sure I don't miss the show when the Heat take on the Hornets in a few.

Last edited:
^Is it really showing off though? I mean he throws down crazy jams like every game and is a SC Top Ten play waiting to happen; it's not like he needs pre-game to draw attention to himself. Personally I'm going to get the the New Orleans Arena EARLY just to make sure I don't miss the show when the Heat take on the Hornets in a few.

His actions falls under attention seeking

Just like Skip said this morning I think, you're robbing the fans of a great, amazing show with your talent, whether u win or not

MJ, Kobe, Vince, Dominique, etc, hell even Kenny the jet, short mass Spud Webb, Dr.J, etc, never had a problem showcasing their talent, win or lose

Imagine the craziness that would generate if he was featured, then the other big names would come, now what do u have? U have the NBA at it's finest and purity etc like it used to be IMO

BUT instead, a couple weeks after the ASG weekend, u decide to start doing that crap in pregame?

BOOoOooO

Let the world see that talent not just the home fans

And now you're thinking about not doing the crap anymore bcuz of complaints...Go figure

Last edited:
His actions falls under attention seeking

Just like Skip said this morning I think, you're robbing the fans of a great, amazing show with your talent, whether u win or not

MJ, Kobe, Vince, Dominique, etc, hell even Kenny the jet, short mass Spud Webb, Dr.J, etc, never had a problem showcasing their talent, win or lose

Imagine the craziness that would generate if he was featured, then the other big names would come, now what do u have? U have the NBA at it's finest and purity etc like it used to be IMO

BUT instead, a couple weeks after the ASG weekend, u decide to start doing that crap in pregame?

BOOoOooO

Let the world see that talent not just the home fans

The mystique is gone from the dunk contest. Marquee athletes no longer compete in it, it's not the same as it was in the day of those names you listed. When I watched Gerald Wallace sleepwalk through the dunk contest in 2010 I realized that nobody cares, not even the players.

well I spoke to nike in one of those chats and complained about the bs with bots and people getting sneakers. Than they followed up by someone from corporate calling me. They said they are in the middle of working on stopping people using bots. and than very soon it's going to be a lot harder for people to get them through these bots and programs. They also stated a lot of people have complained in the past and now it's a very serious matter they're working on. so soon enough it will be fair to everyone until people figure out a new way around the system

im just saying, have fun lebron. thats all, dont be so serious about it! im not saying he owes anything, just continue having fun with it. Kobe dont do it cause he's against having fun! I dont blame him to an extent, but thats where some people figure who to root for......the guy that can win and have a good time vs. the guy who wins and is mad they didnt win by more!

well I spoke to nike in one of those chats and complained about the bs with bots and people getting sneakers. Than they followed up by someone from corporate calling me. They said they are in the middle of working on stopping people using bots. and than very soon it's going to be a lot harder for people to get them through these bots and programs. They also stated a lot of people have complained in the past and now it's a very serious matter they're working on. so soon enough it will be fair to everyone until people figure out a new way around the system
snitch. LoL

well......he's not the best dunker either way....

Thanks for your input

The mystique is gone from the dunk contest. Marquee athletes no longer compete in it, it's not the same as it was in the day of those names you listed. When I watched Gerald Wallace sleepwalk through the dunk contest in 2010 I realized that nobody cares, not even the players.

You're right, it's no longer there

That's why the dude should get in there, that way it'd peak the interest of the top cats

And that'd force Blake to come up with something better than jumping over a kia

got my first pair today...shoe looks great...i liked it even before it was a limited version.only colorway of the lebron that stands out imo.Let my point out sth here..i think hype and 'limited' rare products get into all us.no one should deny the hype affect.I remember about 4 months ago when i was discussing in the yeezy topic about how if the yeezys were a gr ,still designed by kanye.would hav nonewhat the same affect on people.Imo if sth is limited turns more beautiful in our eyes.I was checking for example the chicago vs royals theme.What if those chicagos were the limited ones?what if they came like 10000 all over the world and jb did a commercial about re-retroeing the og?even with jordan on the tongue and jumpman at the back.and the royals were a gr sold in every moms and pops store...'limited' models,hype is what this game is all about.If those corks were a gr i would definitely rock a pair my self.But now that im not rich,just a teacher working his *** of,I aint gonna pass on a profit like this.Because its just shoes.No hate on the guys that do rock them,no hate on the guys that resell this kind of releases...every opinion has its pros and cons.So to conclude,don't get crazy on this or every other release.AND FOR ****'S SAKE DON'T SPEND 900-1000 OR EVEN MORE ON ******G SHOES!!!!.More i ever spent was 250 euros on a pair of vnds space jams,and i still aint feeling right.Yes that comes from the ''reseller''. Wear the shoes you keep(that comes from the man who still hasn't unds his Concords...cmon bloody summer!!) and don't get crazy or leave anything(friends,family,girlfriend,job,education,quality of life) behind even at least for material **** like shoes.Best things in life aren't 'things'.And since i busted everyone's balls here is my small contribution in photos.

At least you admit it :lol:

Last edited:
there will always be a way around the system...

Which will be done in no time and you'll be right back complaining to those chat reps.

im just saying, have fun lebron. thats all, dont be so serious about it! im not saying he owes anything, just continue having fun with it. Kobe dont do it cause he's against having fun! I dont blame him to an extent, but thats where some people figure who to root for......the guy that can win and have a good time vs. the guy who wins and is mad they didnt win by more!

Don't see the big deal about him doing fancy dunks in pre-games. Same thing as players throwing up halfcourt shots or stupid trick shots. Those layup lines are more for show than anything.

Your last part about Kobe though...I think it's as simple as Kobe's not doing that because he can't dunk well, probably knows he'll hurt himself if he tries.

Last edited:
Don't see the big deal about him doing fancy dunks in pre-games. Same thing as players throwing up halfcourt shots or stupid trick shots. Those layup lines are more for show than anything.

Your last part about Kobe though...I think it's as simple as Kobe's not doing that because he can't dunk well, probably knows he'll hurt himself if he tries.
im sure kobe can still win a dunk contest, just like lebron. but if im either of them i'd rather not risk injury, and let the no name dudes have a chance at some spotlight. when jordan and em were doing it, endorsement deals were to be made off of it. nowadays they get endorsement deals just for coming into the league....no need to garner any attenton....i think? who knows? maybe he dont care bout no dunk contest! 

I get what you guys are saying

Yes of course have fun I'm not against him doing it at all

But why wait till NOW to do it

Haven't seen him do that in all of his 10 yrs in the league

Just photoshoots and half court shots

Debron does/says annoying things like this that just makes it seem like he's in need of attention

IMO

^Yeah #8 was a dunking fool, #24 not so much.

Attempting to bridge this dunk convo talk with the shoes, I think one positive outcome of Lebron competing in the dunk contest is that there would be an opportunity for Nike to release another version of his sig, maybe with tuned down colors. That way they can continue to use the actual all star game as a means to show off their dumpster sludge inspired color-ways.

Last edited:
got my first pair today...shoe looks great...i liked it even before it was a limited version.only colorway of the lebron that stands out imo.Let my point out sth here..i think hype and 'limited' rare products get into all us.no one should deny the hype affect.I remember about 4 months ago when i was discussing in the yeezy topic about how if the yeezys were a gr ,still designed by kanye.would hav nonewhat the same affect on people.Imo if sth is limited turns more beautiful in our eyes.I was checking for example the chicago vs royals theme.What if those chicagos were the limited ones?what if they came like 10000 all over the world and jb did a commercial about re-retroeing the og?even with jordan on the tongue and jumpman at the back.and the royals were a gr sold in every moms and pops store...'limited' models,hype is what this game is all about.If those corks were a gr i would definitely rock a pair my self.But now that im not rich,just a teacher working his *** of,I aint gonna pass on a profit like this.Because its just shoes.No hate on the guys that do rock them,no hate on the guys that resell this kind of releases...every opinion has its pros and cons.So to conclude,don't get crazy on this or every other release.AND FOR ****'S SAKE DON'T SPEND 900-1000 OR EVEN MORE ON ******G SHOES!!!!.More i ever spent was 250 euros on a pair of vnds space jams,and i still aint feeling right.Yes that comes from the ''reseller''. Wear the shoes you keep(that comes from the man who still hasn't unds his Concords...cmon bloody summer!!) and don't get crazy or leave anything(friends,family,girlfriend,job,education,quality of life) behind even at least for material **** like shoes.Best things in life aren't 'things'.And since i busted everyone's balls here is my small contribution in photos.

At least you admit it :lol:

point being? :smokin

very true and nice idea with the slam dunk model shoes...i guess he finally started doing it now because he probably had enough of the bs we call a dunk contest and figured: hell, let me see if i can do the dunks these no name mofos spend all star saturday night missing over and over again! lol...idk i'm reaching...no disrespect to the no names cause they doin they thing to a certain extent! 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom