Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Nike’s latest offering is worth popping the bubbly for. The special-edition “Lebron X” shoe features an upper composed of 100 percent genuine cork, a regenerative material stripped from the bark of the cork oak every nine years. A tribute to Miami Heat basketball player LeBron James, who signed with the sportswear giant 10 years ago (hence the “X”), along with his first championship win in June, the shoe “honors the tradition of cork-popping champagne celebrations,” according to the company. It’s expected to debut in February 23 as a run-up to what Nike promises to be a year of “additional basketball footwear surprises.”

I was wrong sorry hate to add misinformation to this board. I could of swore I read synthetic cork material. They must be adding some type of chemical to make them cork stay attached it looks thin on that leather.

Thanks E :pimp: just found it weird since footlocker tweeted they weren't getting them in any store or online. And by the time I can get out to the city tomorrow it will be a mess.

"Nike’s latest offering is worth popping the bubbly for. The special-edition “Lebron X” shoe features an upper composed of 100 percent genuine cork, a regenerative material stripped from the bark of the cork oak every nine years. A tribute to Miami Heat basketball player LeBron James, who signed with the sportswear giant 10 years ago (hence the “X”), along with his first championship win in June, the shoe “honors the tradition of cork-popping champagne celebrations,” according to the company. It’s expected to debut in February 23 as a run-up to what Nike promises to be a year of “additional basketball footwear surprises.”

I was wrong sorry hate to add misinformation to this board. I could of swore I read synthetic cork material. They must be adding some type of chemical to make them cork stay attached it looks thin on that leather.
laugh.gif

DMV: HOH PG is getting the corks! I'm almost certain. I've been calling all week asking if they knew whether or not they were getting them, but tonight I got a "Ummmmmmm...We'll have confirmation tomorrow" I hung up and called Montgomery and the guy quickly tells me "PG plaza only." Not 100% sure, but based on those responses, I'd probably bet that PG will have them. Now if you've copped kicks at PG before you know that they do FCFS even when everyone else is doing raffles, but with the rumored limited amounts each region is supposed to get, it'll be interesting to see how they handle this release.

DMV: HOH PG is getting the corks! I'm almost certain. I've been calling all week asking if they knew whether or not they were getting them, but tonight I got a "Ummmmmmm...We'll have confirmation tomorrow" I hung up and called Montgomery and the guy quickly tells me "PG plaza only." Not 100% sure, but based on those responses, I'd probably bet that PG will have them. Now if you've copped kicks at PG before you know that they do FCFS even when everyone else is doing raffles, but with the rumored limited amounts each region is supposed to get, it'll be interesting to see how they handle this release.

http://unlocked.footlocker.com/launchlocator

PG Plaza will have them...

just wondering, which of these 3 (technically 4) shoes is the most limited? Yeezy II's, lebron x corks, galaxy foams

Galaxy foams I believe but hype overcomes real numbers everyday of the week so Yeezy's take the most expensive ranking.

Last edited:
Lol...

In partnership with mall management, select Foot Locker stores will implement a sweepstakes ticket procedure* in order to purchase the Nike Lebron X “Cork” (on sale Saturday, February 23rd). Stores will hand out tickets on Wednesday, February 20th and Thursday, February 21st. If your ticket number is selected, you will be notified by phone on Friday, February 22nd. To find out which stores near you will carry the shoe and if that store will implement the sweepstakes ticket procedure, please visit the Foot Locker “Launch Locator” here. The shoe retails for $305 and will NOT be available online.

For those that havent read the ftl site

Galaxy foams I believe but hype overcomes real numbers everyday of the week so Yeezy's take the most expensive ranking.
so in terms of resell prices..it seems as if yeezy II > galaxy foams > corks? some people were telling me these corks were gonna be more than yeezy ii's lol

$800 for Corks. :smh:

As if the retail price wasn't bad enough.

Do what you want with your money and all that, but that's just crazy to me.

:lol: Yea, its' wild. I was talking to one of my boys the other day and he told me he sold his galaxies to some kid's mom for $1,700 and one of his friend's sold Yeezy's for $3500.

With resell prices like these, it's not even about liking the kicks no more. This is bigger than liking or wearing kicks. "This is big business", Nino Brown.

The newest hotness will always have crazy prices, galaxy foams are a year old, paranormans came out and stole the title of the most exclusive foam. Yeezy hype might be strong but I bet we see some crazy cork prices from some hyped up dough boys.

The newest hotness will always have crazy prices, galaxy foams are a year old, paranormans came out and stole the title of the most exclusive foam. Yeezy hype might be strong but I bet we see some crazy cork prices from some hyped up dough boys.

For sure we will see some crazy resell prices the first week but prices will dive as the hype wears off

Does anybody know if there any other stores in the Seattle area that is getting the corks? According to the foot locker app, Tigard, OR is the closest and that's a lot of driving to try and get a raffle ticket.

Nice to see there are some more cats in Greensboro in here.

Haven't been to Social Status yet, might check it out.

Wonder if Kosmic Kickz will get them...yeah right, they never get Brons.
My man! I didn't know you still posted!
Yep, mostly lurk just to watch people bicker. LOL hope the married life is treating you well.

Waiting for the Carbons to end up in outlets...heard that the Xs are more comfortable than the 8s...I don't think that's scientifically possible....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom