Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
do they cancel your order if you try to order 2 to have them shipped to the same address? Is it like 1 pair per customer/family? Because my bro also wants a pair...
Been wondering this too. I would like to get 2 pairs if possible, but just to not risk it would send the second pair somewhere else. Like a trusted family member/neighbor.

But I really have no clue, they might look at the billing address who know.

So technically you'll be good if you can add your size to your cart right? Or do you have to add to your cart and press "Checkout"

You get a few minutes with the shoe reserved as long as it's in your cart or as long as your at the checkout screen?

Also when are these dropping midnight or 8am? Details are kind of fuzzy.

im not even going to try, if i cant get get All star shoes or any jordans off NDC no way in hell am i going to be able to get these off ndc

My opinion on the money issue......

We all into sneakers. We all dropping bread for sneakers. I just dropped bout a G on sneakers this past weekend on myself alone...not even counting doubles for the wifey. Looked in the shoe vault & counted 29 pairs of shoes I've yet to Unds. You got families that don't have that many shoes. :smh: at myself.

But this is the nature of this hobby of ours. An hobby that is by no means cheap.

But I draw the line at giving ANY mofo out here my hard earned for something he makes up a price for. Dude laughing at you as soon as your payment is cleared. If the Corks retailed for $800....I'd probably still pass. Ain't no one sneaker worth that much money to me. And I done had multiple Yeezys, South Beach 8s etc. And to willingly give a mofo $800 for a $305 shoe & brag about doing it?

Sneaker game beyond ****** up!!! :rofl:

I always try avoiding arguing about money cause its such a touchy subject.... Everyone is entitled to spend it however they want because it is their money... Some are fortunate some aren't... Some can afford to drop a hefty amount and not skip a beat with their regular financial responsibilities, some people struggle getting one pair at retail because they have to balance out the rest of where their money needs to go... That's just how it works... It ain't tricking if you got it.. I applaud those that can drop that amount for something they truly want, because I hope to some day be in that position as well....

Mogs shouldn't clown the next man for how he spends his money on kicks, it should motivate you to work hard to be in a similar situation one day as buddy and have the luxury to spend a nice amount on a coveted piece if need be.

So basically, you are saying that because someone doesn't agree, it means they can't afford to spend that much on shoes.

So basically, you are saying that because someone doesn't agree, it means they can't afford to spend that much on shoes.

THIS x1000000000! I can buy those corks for a grand, but when I realize what they are, it's definitely something I don't want. I'd rather buy like 6 pairs of Kobe 8s and some clothes but that's just me.

Just because we don't agree doesn't mean we are "29-33 year olds living with their parents". Sounds like someone is just trying to justify what I consider a ridiculous purchase...

Nah fam, its the opposite actually. Maybe the way thought it out and described it came out wrong since its being Misinterpreted.

I felt as if people felt it was ridiculous that this man spent what he did and bashed him for it, what I meant was we shouldn't clown a dude for what he does with his own money.

Obviously he's In a position where he thought about that high price tag and realized he could afford it and would save him the hassle of all the stuff going on with the release and he would be fine financially after his purchase. That's cool, fine by me... It ain't my money he's spending, it's not any of the other posters money he's spending so it shouldn't affect us...

I personally wouldn't pay that much for 1 pair of shoes **** no whether i could afford it or not its just not that serious to me, to some people it is and that's cool I guess do u... I'm fortunate to have been able to acquire all the sneakers in my possession for either retail, or at a discounted price, I've never paid more than that for a release, echoing the same thoughts as Sneakermane I won't allow myself to be taken advantage of by some dude who is just trying to make a quick come up. But when my initial reaction to buddy dropping $800 on the corks was "damn, must be nice to have that kind of bread" that's what I meant by the motivation comment, motivates me to want to work harder and step my money up.... In no way shape or form did I mean to say "oh if u broke u can't get it" that ain't me fam

#'s wise it is a ridiculous *** purchase :wow: BUT, that's what he valued them at to him personally so I can't fault him for that...people will pay however much they value the shoe at to them, who am I to say otherwise.

Cause I'm in the same boat as alot of y'all, retail, HOH raffle/NDC or **** it cause I'm not gonna get taxed by nobody for a pair of shoes G because I don't value this particular shoe to be worth that much... Retail? Sure. Anything besides that count me out

Last edited:
That's the thing

Basically 90 pct of people in here probably can afford the shoes, most of us all buy 10-20 pairs of sneakers a year, So its not a money thing, its a principle thing to us.....$1000 dollars on shoe just to break necks? Wont do it!...... especially when you know eventually they're gonna come out with fakes to steal your "breaking necks" spotlight

Another reason I think its stupid to pay $1000 dollars for one single retail shoe is it drives up the price for all Nikes. Its amazing to see how prices have changed. And all these shoes value is artificial.....one day, the sneaker "stock market" is going to bust and people are gonna feel as stupid about spending big money on sneakers as people feel stupid now about buying Beanie Babies and Baseball cards back in the day
When I think about it, your comment makes sense,

But I actually wear my shoes. I much rather have the 4-6 shoes I can rotate than have one shoe that I wont and basically cant wear as much(due to rain/snow and generally not wanting to mess them up)

I love sneakers more for the atheistic of them.....the colors, the textures, the details etc etc not really the breaking necks part of them.

80 pct of people on the streets cant tell the difference between the Hypergamer PE and a Lebron PE anyways

80% of the time, 100% of statistics are made up.

Value is what someone will pay. If you put up a pair for auction and no reserve, its not a resellers fault that buyers push up prices. People flip art, which to me is never worth these ridiculous prices.

I like these for $305. For $1k,I don't. That's an id lebron x pair, some js, and a couple air max.

Man I remember a few months back when pics of Lebron wearing the corks most of everyone on here hated the corks.. Crazy how hype and some resell value turns u cats into lil *******
and the girl who took the pic with the corks, they called both her and the shoes ugly...IMO both were sexy!
wink.gif

Glad I'm out on anymore X releases

They are all yours

Bring on the XI

Shout out to those that think this is genuine cork on the shoes. No way real cork is on 10,000+ pairs of these.

Have you ever had a nice bottle of wine or worked at a wine and dine restaurant? Cork is so brittle that it would be impossible to put it on there. Not saying they didn't come up with something crazy in the NSW Lab to replicate these. But put it this way, 3 years from now if this is real cork, your shoes are gonna crumble unless you store them like wine bottles.
Guess who got a wine cellar
wink.gif

My opinion on the money issue......

We all into sneakers. We all dropping bread for sneakers. I just dropped bout a G on sneakers this past weekend on myself alone...not even counting doubles for the wifey. Looked in the shoe vault & counted 29 pairs of shoes I've yet to Unds. You got families that don't have that many shoes.
mean.gif
at myself.

But this is the nature of this hobby of ours. An hobby that is by no means cheap.

But I draw the line at giving ANY mofo out here my hard earned for something he makes up a price for. Dude laughing at you as soon as your payment is cleared. If the Corks retailed for $800....I'd probably still pass. Ain't no one sneaker worth that much money to me. And I done had multiple Yeezys, South Beach 8s etc. And to willingly give a mofo $800 for a $305 shoe & brag about doing it?

Sneaker game beyond ****** up!!!
roll.gif
 Wearing the same kicks as your wifey........NO GOOD!  Smh

Shout out to those that think this is genuine cork on the shoes. No way real cork is on 10,000+ pairs of these.

Have you ever had a nice bottle of wine or worked at a wine and dine restaurant? Cork is so brittle that it would be impossible to put it on there. Not saying they didn't come up with something crazy in the NSW Lab to replicate these. But put it this way, 3 years from now if this is real cork, your shoes are gonna crumble unless you store them like wine bottles.

I'm pretty sure its a cork overlay on leather. I haven't seen a pair in person I cant say for sure. Just going off of how thin the lining is. But even if that's the case they'll age fast and probably start to peel..

I'm still trying to cop though :rofl:

Last edited:
Clown on h-twon craigslist wants 1200 each for all sizes.  Since the only store getting them is HOH galleria pretty obvious to see where the inventory is coming from.  It's so shady there have better luck with NDC.  I must say greed is starting to take over some managers who have one foot out the door selling their inventory on the side.

It's been like this for years which is why I dont wait in line anymore.. last time I camped for the xmas shoes like the first three people didnt get them. They only had like 3 different sizes available..

It's been like this for years which is why I dont wait in line anymore.. last time I camped for the xmas shoes like the first three people didnt get them. They only had like 3 different sizes available..
Employee yank there size too... Been to some stores were the only sizes they had were all spread out and half the stock was gone...  WHY DO PEOPLE DIRTY LIKE THAT.. Worse feeling in the world is waiting 12-24hrs for a shoe you are close to the front an employee takes your size's!  I guess that the benfit of working in a store where you can run over the mananger!

Last edited:
Employee yank there size too... Been to some stores were the only sizes they had were all spread out and half the stock was gone...  WHY DO PEOPLE DIRTY LIKE THAT.. Worse feeling in the world is waiting 12-24hrs for a shoe you are close to the front an employee takes your size's!  I guess that the benfit of working in a store where you can run over the mananger!

That is exactly what happened. I also was in line buying socks at a HOH in FL and they had a spreadsheet employees were filling out on the sizes they needed in each release. Its a joke. But im undefeated on NDC so im good.

That's the thing

Basically 90 pct of people in here probably can afford the shoes, most of us all buy 10-20 pairs of sneakers a year, So its not a money thing, its a principle thing to us.....$1000 dollars on shoe just to break necks? Wont do it!...... especially when you know eventually they're gonna come out with fakes to steal your "breaking necks" spotlight

Another reason I think its stupid to pay $1000 dollars for one single retail shoe is it drives up the price for all Nikes. Its amazing to see how prices have changed. And all these shoes value is artificial.....one day, the sneaker "stock market" is going to bust and people are gonna feel as stupid about spending big money on sneakers as people feel stupid now about buying Beanie Babies and Baseball cards back in the day
When I think about it, your comment makes sense,

But I actually wear my shoes. I much rather have the 4-6 shoes I can rotate than have one shoe that I wont and basically cant wear as much(due to rain/snow and generally not wanting to mess them up)

I love sneakers more for the atheistic of them.....the colors, the textures, the details etc etc not really the breaking necks part of them.

80 pct of people on the streets cant tell the difference between the Hypergamer PE and a Lebron PE anyways
I honestly dont give a **** why you dont want to spend that much on a pair of shoes and neither does most people here. Fact of the matter is thats how much your going to have to pay to grab a pair of em, if not more. Its supply and demand. $800 on a shoe like a GR KD is dumb. But $800 on an extemely limited pair lebrons that are easily going to be worth over $1,000 after release, not really that dumb anymore. Ur opinion is irrelevent. Go post in another thread like the kd's if you dont want these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom