Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any word on JimmyJazz dropping the corks? I heard monday... not sure though customer service is closed btw

Just got the call from FCLA 
frown.gif

Are you 12 years old?
no no no 26. just that anyone thought they could get these for $600 is to funny...

also im referring to everyone from here to facebook talking about the $600 price....

apologies if it came off as i was referring to you solo

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the denims just as much as the corks, for some reason i think the denims will look extremely good on feet. Guess we'll see in a few months.

I've gotten 3 PMs asking me to make a bot for NDC. lol

Hoping CT doesn't cancel my order.

Last edited:
Some of the posts here are hilarious. If you are comparing the cork on these to the cork on louboutins or birkenstocks let me just tell you this. The quality of the cork on these shoes is nowhere near the quality of those shoes. Nor can they really be compared in the first place. I traded off my pair of corks because out of the box there was already pretty significant peeling of the thin cork layer. Birkenstocks use a MUCH thicker cork than theses do because they are using it as the footbed of the shoe, not the upper. The cork on the Xs is like a 2mm thick layer applied to a synthetic backing for those of you that have not seen the shoes in person yet. The problem is that even with protectant, after a few wears it is going to just peel off and you're gonna be left with spots that have worn down all the way to the synthetic back. The key difference is that, the birkens dont use it as an upper, and the louboutins are worn entirely differently than a pair of basketball shoes, have you ever seen a creased pair of wedges? I think not. That is because the way the wedge hampers the natural stride of the foot, hence the shoe does not crease. Unlike a basketball shoe where the foot takes a full stride and creates a significant area where the upper creases. Its really irrelevant to compare the three in the first place just because they use cork in the shoe does not make them related at ALL. This shoe probably cost all of 5 dollars more to make than your average lebron X and is certainly going to crease just like a normal pair, except that will create a great place for the cork to fracture and peel off. Like i said in my previous post, they are a GREAT shoe, just a display piece. Why do you think there has not been any pics of bron wearing them since the photo shoot?

Sorry for the long post, just felt that some of these comparisons were plain crazy.

Dam good to know. Might hold off on picking up a pair if after a few wears they look like crap.

Damn i still dont understand how so many people are geting multiple pairs when most cant get even one lol, no hate just baffles my mind

With this type of release, if you can get easy enough access to one pair (before all the NDC/Europe orders ship) than you probably have the connects and cash at hand to have doubled or tripled up.

--

Also, with Corks/Crown Jewels going for about the same price at the moment, Crown Jewels >>>>> Corks.

Last edited:
Not really interested in the corks...but The crown jewels is definitely on my list

As a heads up

OSLIFE is gonna have the Carbons tonight at 8pm eastern for $140+ shipping.

I know quite a few people have been asking where people could cop these for a decent price.

So there you have it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom