Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

Elites look kinda
smokin.gif

LeBron signed someone's Corks after the Sixers game
nerd.gif

ehh quick one based it on the 3:
I'd pay retail for these, kinda wish nike did a little more with the colorblocking like this too.

i could be 100% wrong. the shape looks like a GS size to me to be honest but im not an expert by any means.

this pic specifically. toe box is kinda off

prolly just a size 8/9,  know when i seen some dudes rocking that size I thought they had on kids sizes too

nike understands that most of the basketball shoes...dont get used for basketball. they dont care. all money is good money. these shoes arent made for US. theyre made for lebron, and the elites is kinda like the tweaks lebron asks for from whatever model theyre on. and in that regard, why should nike care about what WE think? they already know we're going to buy the shoes regardless, so why cater to us for casual wear when theyre made for performance for lebron?

NOW, from our perspective...theyre bugging on prices. period. theyre getting over on the consumer

Last edited:
Elite 9's were a huge step up. Maybe if you had an elf sized foot, you preferred the regular 9. But for us guys with, girth. It was a wider, more supportive and cushioned experience.

Last edited:
Just look at the low's this year, they have the same bottom from last year. The Elite's have the same sole from the regular X's. It tells me not a lot of creative thought has gone into these shoes. They come off more as a rush job then anything.

I wonder how much lighter they gonna be over the GR? Why the kicks CW? looks like a bad ID job to me...

now these are :nthat: seeing them in person changed my mind for sure.

View media item 319812

Last edited:
I bet you the "Carbon Fiber" on the side of the shoe will crack if people play in them, remember how last year Blake's shoes just came apart lol? I know thats a freak instance and for the most part the elite's held up fine other than the swoosh chipping (But that's cosmetic and won't affect performance) so I expect the cosmetic flaw to be with the CF on these.

Just getting my Miss Cleo on and lookin into the future haha

I guess the real Question for the Elites would be what is the performance "boost" so to speak? What does extra carbon fiber on the sides provide? I mean I think colorways hopefully improve and frankly weather they do or not I probably won't cop. That being said I wonder what Nike will promote as far as performance over the base LeBron X. Can anybody speak to the IX vs the IX elite was it worth the extra money for the performance upgrades?

I guess the real Question for the Elites would be what is the performance "boost" so to speak? What does extra carbon fiber on the sides provide? I mean I think colorways hopefully improve and frankly weather they do or not I probably won't cop. That being said I wonder what Nike will promote as far as performance over the base LeBron X. Can anybody speak to the IX vs the IX elite was it worth the extra money for the performance upgrades?

According to ALOT of sites that actually tested them they were actually worse. Comfort was a little issue, but supposedly were a absolute heatbox. A quick google search should bring up a few sites.

There's nothing "Elite" about the Nike Elite Series, it's just a gimmick to get us excited about a new model without really releasing a new model. I'm not against it necessarily, but let's call it what it is. Don't expect a dramatic performance increase from the changes made to the X because that's not the point.

I bet you the "Carbon Fiber" on the side of the shoe will crack if people play in them, remember how last year Blake's shoes just came apart lol? I know thats a freak instance and for the most part the elite's held up fine other than the swoosh chipping (But that's cosmetic and won't affect performance) so I expect the cosmetic flaw to be with the CF on these.

Just getting my Miss Cleo on and lookin into the future haha
The Carbon fiber on the side is not rigid carbon fiber (Plate) and is actually rubberized and designed to flex in a non-linear manner to allow the shoe to move and adjust to the movements of the player.  Its the same flexible stuff that amputees get running legs made of.

The also don't design these shoes to last a full season of play. 

In the case of Blakes shoe last year I assume it was because Nike reduced the layers of fabric when they threw in Kevlar stitching (for strength) to make the shoe lighter but didn't realize that the strength of the material wasn't as strong as the kevlar stitching...RIP!

Carbon Fiber used to be expensive, but now its like 10 bucks a pound so even with kevlar stitching and carbon fiber (less than a pound per pair) it doesn't justify the price.  And applying it just takes heat to mold it and adhesive.  My fear is more that if you catch on someones shoe, right on the corner of that CF, that it will peel away from the rest of the shoe. 

Back
Top Bottom