Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

Btw, how is everybody's corks holding up?

There was all that talk about them falling apart when they came out. Lol

I haven't had a chance to put too many miles on mine yet.

Considering the fact that the threads are both dead, I can't see why it would be a big deal to merge id and release convo into this thread.

Btw, how is everybody's corks holding up?

There was all that talk about them falling apart when they came out. Lol

I haven't had a chance to put too many miles on mine yet.
Mine are holding up just fine. I honestly think some of the dudes clowning on them believed the entire upper was cork, not cork layering on top of another material. For casual wear, as long as you're talking good care of them like any other kicks, they'll be alright.

Mine are holding up just fine. I honestly think some of the dudes clowning on them believed the entire upper was cork, not cork layering on top of another material. For casual wear, as long as you're talking good care of them like any other kicks, they'll be alright.

I completely agree I haven't put many wears on mine yet but the minute I got them I realized they weren't as delicate as described.

You know how many wears you put on yours?

Last edited:
Hi guys, a story to follow, in the twilight of this thread's life:

Ive been lurking this thread for a while. Prolly since end of last season. It all started when I realised my 6'2", 210lb frame couldnt be playing in Roses, or Crazy lights, or even Hyperdunks. I was just putting way too much of a pounding on my knees. So I originally copped myself some KD V's. And they were a bit better but not great. 

All that time during last season I basically ignored the Lebrons, thinking though that some of the colorways were cool, I just hated the diamond mesh shapes standing out on the upper. And truthfully, they don't photograph well. But I knew they rated highly for comfort. So I decided to give them a shot during the playoffs, and tried to find the most muted, single color upper pair I could find. I went with the prisms. And from them on I was a changed man. 

I loved the kicks. They were wide, comfy, and my knees didn't hurt on footstrike. 

After playing the summer in them, and finding out that the 11's put the cushioning in the insole (I wear orthotics), I realised I had to cop and ice as many good pairs of these kicks as possible for the forseeable future. And then it became a bit of an obsession. 

The first and main target was the PS Elite white and gold, because they were also + enabled so I figured I might as well go all out. I found those after a lengthy search at home in the bay area, on vacation in europe and middle east, and finally in BK. I wear size 12, they only had 13, so I copped. 

Put em on ice and kept playing in my prisms. But then this thread hotted up about all these sales on the 3 normal PS ELITES. and I went ahead and copped, happily, the superheros in 12. But ran into a big issue. They run SUPER SMALL. I proved this when I took out the insoles of the prisms and compared them to the superheros. Its a full size smaller, no doubt. 

In the meantime I had found a cheap pair of the green and yellow elites on ebay and received those over the holidays, in size 13. They work perfectly. 

So now Ive got an issue to where I love the superheros the MOST of all my current pairs, but they are not in the right size for optimal play. And I can't find em in any store for a swap. And on top of that, I always loved the dolphins lebron X, and spent the last month debating picking em up from one reseller or consignment shop or whatever. 

Summary: I went form zero - 100 in my love for the Lebron X series, I think they are amazing to play in if you are a bigger / older dude , I am super sad I didn't get to ID some elites and have loved the pics over in the other thread, and lastly, I have appreciated all the link sharing and heads up when dudes see stock of the kicks at retail. Nuff respect.

Hi guys, a story to follow, in the twilight of this thread's life:

Ive been lurking this thread for a while. Prolly since end of last season. It all started when I realised my 6'2", 210lb frame couldnt be playing in Roses, or Crazy lights, or even Hyperdunks. I was just putting way too much of a pounding on my knees. So I originally copped myself some KD V's. And they were a bit better but not great. 

All that time during last season I basically ignored the Lebrons, thinking though that some of the colorways were cool, I just hated the diamond mesh shapes standing out on the upper. And truthfully, they don't photograph well. But I knew they rated highly for comfort. So I decided to give them a shot during the playoffs, and tried to find the most muted, single color upper pair I could find. I went with the prisms. And from them on I was a changed man. 

I loved the kicks. They were wide, comfy, and my knees didn't hurt on footstrike. 

After playing the summer in them, and finding out that the 11's put the cushioning in the insole (I wear orthotics), I realised I had to cop and ice as many good pairs of these kicks as possible for the forseeable future. And then it became a bit of an obsession. 

The first and main target was the PS Elite white and gold, because they were also + enabled so I figured I might as well go all out. I found those after a lengthy search at home in the bay area, on vacation in europe and middle east, and finally in BK. I wear size 12, they only had 13, so I copped. 

Put em on ice and kept playing in my prisms. But then this thread hotted up about all these sales on the 3 normal PS ELITES. and I went ahead and copped, happily, the superheros in 12. But ran into a big issue. They run SUPER SMALL. I proved this when I took out the insoles of the prisms and compared them to the superheros. Its a full size smaller, no doubt. 

In the meantime I had found a cheap pair of the green and yellow elites on ebay and received those over the holidays, in size 13. They work perfectly. 

So now Ive got an issue to where I love the superheros the MOST of all my current pairs, but they are not in the right size for optimal play. And I can't find em in any store for a swap. And on top of that, I always loved the dolphins lebron X, and spent the last month debating picking em up from one reseller or consignment shop or whatever. 

Summary: I went form zero - 100 in my love for the Lebron X series, I think they are amazing to play in if you are a bigger / older dude , I am super sad I didn't get to ID some elites and have loved the pics over in the other thread, and lastly, I have appreciated all the link sharing and heads up when dudes see stock of the kicks at retail. Nuff respect.

Nice, glad you found something you like.

I have the same problem with my knees and appreciate a shoe that doesn't leave them in pain for the rest of the week.

If you get a chance try the Hyperposite. It may be a little heavier but has the 360 air bag, feels very similar on foot and may be a little easier to track down at this point in the game.

If you get a chance try the Hyperposite. It may be a little heavier but has the 360 air bag, feels very similar on foot and may be a little easier to track down at this point in the game.
you know actually that was the first thing I tried. Back in december 2012, I picked up one of the grey and yellow ones, but they were just too narrow for me. Then I just went with the hyperdunks and then the KDs eventually. 

^^ nice # post 3,000 lol
the X fits a bit snug in the toe and can be annoying at times, but the IX is a pain to fit on with the way the laces are setup

Back
Top Bottom