Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

I am starting to think Nike's tactic with the Brons is to slap an inflated price tag on the kicks to grab a few extra dollars from the thirsty people, once those sales fall off, drop them to the actual price they should have originally released for. So the "sale" price is actually their planned retail price, and the "retail" price is their reseller price hahah

Nike probably gonna put a nickel sized zoom bag in those chukkas and try to justify the price for "technology"

Has to be a typo, all the overseas sites have them for pre-order starting at $125, wouldn't make sense to sell them under retail. 

I could see the lifestyles finding a place in my collection near my Jordan Grown v.2s, but not at that price.  I'll bet it sits though.

I am starting to think Nike's tactic with the Brons is to slap an inflated price tag on the kicks to grab a few extra dollars from the thirsty people, once those sales fall off, drop them to the actual price they should have originally released for. So the "sale" price is actually their planned retail price, and the "retail" price is their reseller price hahah
Bingo! They've been doing that with a lot of releases lately, not just Brons.  If they don't limit the a shoe with a ridiculous retail price, it goes "on sale" for $140-200 range which is a slap in the face.

Most of the time I come in this thread to LOL nowadays which is exactly what I did when i saw that price tag on those gardening shoes a few posts back

This... It turning into pure comedy!!! That price is Nike just Fishing right now for people with more disposable income than sense. I think it's safe to say if you want these you can wait until the sales rack. It's like Nike is saying " We just playing unless you gonna pay it!" Nelly voice :rofl:

that's right I laughed at my own bad joke!

elites are bad. price is bad tho.

i think the name "Elite" gives the impression and expectation of something great. It's a recipe for failure because anything below astonishing is a disappointment by consumers at that point.

Bring back the V1, V2, V3 and im good. Much, much less expectations.

So im guessing you not a fan of the Lebron X... 

It's an improvement over the base model. The lower cut makes it SEEM less bulky. The heel is a Lil more stable. If you liked the base model, these are an improvement. Not a 80 dollar improvement... But better. 

These are destined for the sale rack. 

I like the base model way better than the elite.

I would have been fine if the elites never saw the light of day

#nikestreetteam

Sometimes I think Nike has it's marketing team perusing these forums.

Definitely passing on the NSWs. The Elites are eh. Lows are a nada.

Yes, there is negativity but it's definitely warranted with the high pricing and the poor product.

Last edited:
The price could be wrong considering they're on Kicks-Crew for $120 and Kicks-Crew is known for at least uping their shoes $30 to $50 bucks plus that $35 dollar US shipping they tack on. But I've never seen them do a Pre-Order for a shoe and sell it under retail :rolleyes but whatever the case rather it's a typo or not I still plan on picking up a pair of the Hazel-Nut Lebron X Life styles regardless. I just like the shoe

The price could be wrong considering they're on Kicks-Crew for $120 and Kicks-Crew is known for at least uping their shoes $30 to $50 bucks plus that $35 dollar US shipping they tack on. But I've never seen them do a Pre-Order for a shoe and sell it under retail
eyes.gif
but whatever the case rather it's a typo or not I still plan on picking up a pair of the Hazel-Nut Lebron X Life styles regardless. I just like the shoe
Same here, and I'm looking for both.  Apparently they are available overseas today, and someone in Hong Kong is selling a size run in both for the $185 tag on ebay.  I'm going to wait but I hope SOMEBODY that doesn't hate them will let us know if they come across them here in the U.S.

Yep

And its a good business model. Nike doesnt really care if they sell out the first day as long they don't get returned

Last edited:
This... It turning into pure comedy!!! That price is Nike just Fishing right now for people with more disposable income than sense. I think it's safe to say if you want these you can wait until the sales rack. It's like Nike is saying " We just playing unless you gonna pay it!" Nelly voice :rofl:

that's right I laughed at my own bad joke!

They are targeting the kids of the 1% with these prices. Look at the Hypebeasts thread - full of wealthy kids.

Saw alot of people questioning the price for the lifestyles, as I did when I posted the info. Looked through the site that has the info in the link and their stores are located in Singapore. Singapore's dollar translates to equal S$1.24 to US $1.  This means at a price of for S$179.00 these would roughly retail in the United States for approximately $144.49 US Dollars. Usually international sites are still a little more so I wouldn't be surprised if its less than that when they release here. 

Went ahead and edited my original post with the conversion.

Last edited:
Sneakers are like Gas Prices.. 

No not comparing the economics (lets not go there)

But the pre conditioning.. 

Gas used to be 1.50 a gallon.. (I remember 99 cents at one point)
Then it's currently around 3.79 a gallon here locally...

If it goes down to 2.50 we think holy mackerel this is great.. 

Sneakers... the same. If they charge these rates for a while.. we may balk.. but we buy. Later we realize we cant do it anymore and the price drops down to $225 just like Foams and other releases...

We think finally.. Nike came to their senses.  They still win.

The retailer as always is the one really losing.. Unless they are named Footlocker.

Back
Top Bottom