Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

I like the base model way better than the elite.

I would have been fine if the elites never saw the light of day
People are welcome to.they opinions, but people spend too much time judging off the internet. IT'S THE SAME SHOE WITH A LOWER CUT AND CARBON FIBER.

I think Nike talk should be called Nike hate, cuz peeps on here spend more time posting about shoes they don't like than shoes they do.

We're still the minority, the niche. We're the ones who will keep Nike afloat from a consumer stand point regardless. The average person doesn't care about Breds or Corks.

Last edited:
Never owned a pair of lebrons but DAMB those elite lows! 
eek.gif
Might have to break the bank

elites are bad. price is bad tho.

i think the name "Elite" gives the impression and expectation of something great. It's a recipe for failure because anything below astonishing is a disappointment by consumers at that point.

Bring back the V1, V2, V3 and im good. Much, much less expectations.

Agreed

those lebron blazers are :rofl: ....Nike basically saying, "**** you, we can do whatever we want 'cuz we NIKE."

Saw alot of people questioning the price for the lifestyles, as I did when I posted the info. Looked through the site that has the info in the link and their stores are located in Singapore. Singapore's dollar translates to equal S$1.24 to US $1.  This means at a price of for S$179.00 these would roughly retail in the United States for approximately $144.49 US Dollars. Usually international sites are still a little more so I wouldn't be surprised if its less than that when they release here. 

Went ahead and edited my original post with the conversion.

Thanks but that price still waaaay off. But you will see the celebs with I guess elite accounts rocking them trying to lure people in (they get them free most likely). And let me be clear the design of the shoe is all opinion but that price is still crazy. If you want to dress better please visit the dressing better thread on this very forum and actually look better and save money in the process.

You guys are def in wrong about the elites as long as they arent gr they selling out

And seeing how nike frequents this forum for opinions and such best believe they are getting the limited tag

You guys are def in wrong about the elites as long as they arent gr they selling out

And seeing how nike frequents this forum for opinions and such best believe they are getting the limited tag

Nike can take that "limited tag" and the Elite itself and shove it.

Last year's Elites hit outlets and these will do the same.

First, they wet are appetites with info.

Then, they create anticipation/gather customer interest with celebrity pictures and their street team posting pictures on this site.

Then they take a look at customer interest after release date and pricing comes up.

The anticipation for the AJ 28 was low, so they limited the volume that they released to sellers.

They could possibly do it again with the Elites with the tepid interest in the four color ways, high price and feed back.

If you're reading this, make the lows, NSWs and elites limited so I don't have to hurt my eyes every time I enter the store.

I told the FTL manager last Friday that I was only there for the Kobe's. The KDs and Especially Brons were terrible.

I just hope opinion on the lows doesn't change. The 9 and X low color ways stunk. The design for the 8 and 9 were good.

those lebron blazers are
roll.gif
....Nike basically saying, "**** you, we can do whatever we want 'cuz we NIKE."
I can't front... I don't even understand who ok'd them. They look like dimestore ripoffs of the X. AND they're over 100? These ***** should have been 50, then clearance out at 19 dollars.... with an additional 50 percent off... Even then I doubt I'd cop em, and I LIKE CASUAL SHOES.

Im still trying to figure out the Nike Street Team Reference.

Never knew that existed..lol

(sarcasm)

Sneakers are like Gas Prices.. 

No not comparing the economics (lets not go there)

But the pre conditioning.. 

Gas used to be 1.50 a gallon.. (I remember 99 cents at one point)
Then it's currently around 3.79 a gallon here locally...

If it goes down to 2.50 we think holy mackerel this is great.. 

Sneakers... the same. If they charge these rates for a while.. we may balk.. but we buy. Later we realize we cant do it anymore and the price drops down to $225 just like Foams and other releases...

We think finally.. Nike came to their senses.  They still win.

The retailer as always is the one really losing.. Unless they are named Footlocker.
One big flaw in your comparison, gas is a basic necessity, sneakers, especially Lebrons, are not, just a luxury, Nike has you guys fooled when you think that you as a consumer don't wield any power...there is a lot that goes into price determination, but best believe that Nike does consumer panels to determine what will be considered "hot" in the streets, and once that is identified, marketing takes over, I wouldn't doubt that some 'members' here are actual Nike employees planted here to hype up certain colorways and gauge reaction...

As far as those NRG Lebrons, what a joke, Nike is counting on Bron fanboys like sneakermane that will buy anything with a Lebron Lion logo on it to sell those hideous things...

Nike gonna have a hard time sellin the LeBron Elites this year...Only CW I'm still only really feelin are the Silver and Black...and the Red ones have potential

The reason this could never work is simple:

If Nike charged you to get discounts on shoes year round...

How would you apply the discount at Footlockers? Champs? Mom and Pop Shops?

No because they wouldnt honor a discount card from Nike when they had to pay for a shoe already and are trying to get get the biggest profit margin available.

So then you say.. no I want the discount applied to all online Nike purchases.

Well thats fine.. and dandy.. but most likely every person trying to use that will try and use it on SMU's and Energy Releases and MANY will not be able to get the few that are released on line..

Then what?

Back to the complaint that not enough pairs are made.

It could work. people in the US just complain to much. Over here in Japan, Nike Stores(NikeTowns) offer members cards that give you a discounta on ALL SHOES, even on release day. The card can be used at any official Nike Store. The only exception is that it cannot be used at Nike Outlets. Other stores out here are still getting business and selling out, so it really doesn't effect their bottom line.

One big flaw in your comparison, gas is a basic necessity, sneakers, especially Lebrons, are not, just a luxury, Nike has you guys fooled when you think that you as a consumer don't wield any power...there is a lot that goes into price determination, but best believe that Nike does consumer panels to determine what will be considered "hot" in the streets, and once that is identified, marketing takes over, I wouldn't doubt that some 'members' here are actual Nike employees planted here to hype up certain colorways and gauge reaction...

As far as those NRG Lebrons, what a joke, Nike is counting on Bron fanboys like sneakermane that will buy anything with a Lebron Lion logo on it to sell those hideous things...
yes you def missed my point..

I was only talking conditioning... not the economics as I mentioned...

And in many places gas actually isnt a neccessity my man.. its also a luxury.. people walk in many countries..

Back
Top Bottom