Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

Well I'm sure plenty people feel for it, we just have a better knowledge here on the forum of Nikes tricks of the trade

What the hell is there to fall for?

If Nike purposely pulled their stock down for a day or so, anyone looking to purchase just went over to FTL's website and bought a pair.

What marketing strategy involves sending your customers to a different store to purchase a product during the first week of its release?

If Nike purposely pulled their stock down for a day or so, anyone looking to purchase just went over to FTL's website and bought a pair.

What marketing strategy involves sending your customers to a different store to purchase a product during the first week of its release?

I'm sure they hoped the other sites would sell out as well, or lead people to think they would soon sell out to rush them to put in their purchases. If you only knew half the marketing strategies that companies use to get over on the public. And they work

Blame the awesome home and away finals colorways the Kobe v's brought to the table for all the gold based elite colorways. Those didnt cost 100 bucks more though :smh:

If the product is from your company its a good strategy. Then they can adjust future orders of the elites thinking that they will sell more and Nike makes more $$$. Footlocker and Eastbay are different companies but the product is from the same place. A sell out of the shoe means more orders. They want them to sell everywhere.

Don't forget finishline and the numerous other websites with FSR's

Copped my pair of elites this morning. Everyone was out for the Bunny 8s so they let me jump the line and cop my pair first. Seriously love this pair of elites. I didn't like the speckles at first, and I still think they should have used gold speckles instead but the rest of the shoe is beautiful. Worth 280? It's hard to justify the price but I didn't blink to cop. I've sold Retros for more that were not worth anywhere near this price.

Of course it would have been nice to cop for under 200 but I'll get another pair later when they hit the outlets or something.

The textures on the shoe are really unique. Looks like those chipping swoosh days are over.
am i reading this wrong? cuz it sounds like u bought these to resell em....
Reading is fundamental. Explain to me how this sounds like I bought them to resell? If I was reselling a shoe this past weekend it would have been the Shaq Attaqs or the Free Innevas. There's a FSR of these everywhere online. I'd have to be an idiot to do that. 
Looks like you're reading it wrong. He said he has sold retros before for more than 280 and they weren't worth it. Saying this was a better value in comparison than what people pay for J's. And I would have to agree
That's exactly what I was saying Skep. 
nthat.gif

Hearing whispers around that Lebron X Pure Platinums are this years South Beaches? Any truth to that? Any one have any info or insights? Also here these are quickstrikes (limited). However, on nike release calendar no indications of a 'QS'.

PLATS LOOKING MORE AND MORE LIKE A COP FOR ME. REMIND ME OF GALAXY KD 4 FOR SOME REASON.

Seen The Pure Platinums In Person Yesterday And These Are Sick!!

YEA THE MORE PICS I SEE, I'M LIKE "WOAH" AFTER MY INITIAL REACTION WAS, "BLEHHH". I'M ABOUT 95% SURE I WILL BE GOING AFTER A PAIR. THE ONLY THING I CAN'T TELL FROM THE PICS I'M SEEING IS IF THE SOLE IS TRANSLUCENT. IF THEY ARE, CHANGE THAT PERCENTAGE TO 100%.

If they are pure platinum why should they be a "south beach" colorway? Y'all just need to call something "south beach" huh?

Hearing whispers around that Lebron X Pure Platinums are this years South Beaches? Any truth to that? Any one have any info or insights? Also here these are quickstrikes (limited). However, on nike release calendar no indications of a 'QS'.

You sure there a QS fam? I can believe it though. Just want a pair joints is beautiful.

Just my opinion but I highly doubt these will be limited especially with that $180 price tag instead of the $200 price tag they've been using on the "limited" Lebron X releases. I believe these shoes are going to be more on the line of the Cutting Jades which was a hot general release that a lot of people wanted.

As far as this shoe being a South Beach color it doesn't seem that likely imo. It just seems like some of the fans of the SB's want this shoe to be the "SB" color because we haven't seen or heard any indication of there being one this year, and like somebody else said up here before the Pure Platinums actually looks more like the Lebron 8 low Miami Nights than a South Beach shoe. I personally believe if they do a SB color it will be on the Elites as a driver to bring more people to like that shoe. Possibly that one in the concept sketch o the Elites but who knows. Just my two cents though

Here's some more. *sigh* Guess the opinions are changing, I was hoping they'd be very easy to get. Can anyone shed light on this QS talk? I really hope they aren't.
Opinions are changing over here. Those are hella trash in person and in pictures.

Just my opinion but I highly doubt these will be limited especially with that $180 price tag instead of the $200 price tag they've been using on the "limited" Lebron X releases. I believe these shoes are going to be more on the line of the Cutting Jades which was a hot general release that a lot of people wanted.

As far as this shoe being a South Beach color it doesn't seem that likely imo. It just seems like some of the fans of the SB's want this shoe to be the "SB" color because we haven't seen or heard any indication of there being one this year, and like somebody else said up here before the Pure Platinums actually looks more like the Lebron 8 low Miami Nights than a South Beach shoe. I personally believe if they do a SB color it will be on the Elites as a driver to bring more people to like that shoe. Possibly that one in the concept sketch o the Elites but who knows. Just my two cents though

I agree totally 100%. But just going by what I've been hearing and reading. Obviously, can't always rely and believe the chatter to induce 'hype'. I just hope some of us who actually want to wear and buy the shoe don't get caught off guard.

Yea for some reason when I see those pure platinums I just immediately think Fisher Price.. idk why though.

Those PEs from last night were crispy, love how the eyelet/tongue area was red

I'm not at all a fan of the Pure Plats and ain't mad at anyone who is.

For me the design just looks incomplete. The black is just kind thrown in there, the laces are basic, the sole could have been translucent, the lining deserves some kind of themed print like the Jades and gold medals and I would have preferred a more noticeable swoosh instead of the orange outline sticker they just slapped on there.

But I am glad that people are excited about a GR X. It seems like there are a few people who aren't usually fans of the X, interested in this particular c/w

I'm loving those platinums. On a link posted earlier in the thread where they could be bought early for a few hundred they were labeled qs so it's not looking very well

Back
Top Bottom