Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

Don't. I'm willing to pay resell but I'm not going to get extremely crazy. People have been squatting on their Jewels on eBay for $1300 and STILL can't get rid of them. I swear, some of these people think they actually MADE the shoe when they are trying to rape you with their prices lol. But ya, like myself and others have said previously, there is a lot of manipulation going on right now with the auctions. I've had multiple people come back to me after being extremely rude when I offered an extreme amount over retail, and try to negotiate.

Yeah if the prices come down to cork prices I will get them, I paid $500 for the Cork recently, prices have dropped considerably!!

Yeah if the prices come down to cork prices I will get them, I paid $500 for the Cork recently, prices have dropped considerably!!

:lol:

Wouldn't put my lunch on it. I agree that the shoe is a "conversation piece".. albeit maybe not a good conversation, and I probably would grab it if it sat and got discounted but there are literally 10 CWs that are better not to mention IDs that would smoke these. Heck, I just saw a pair of the blue diamonds @ my local DSG, and I like them much more- obviously a return. In any case, Can't see paying 2-3-4-5 pairs of good kicks for one of these- completely senseless IMO.

lmao 

If I had yeezy 2s no way in hell would I trade them for a mismosh colorway like that. Nope

if this happend to me i would of flipped out in there lmao i would of torn that place the uck up

We need someone thats knows some good Nike Corporate numbers. If I were that guy, I would have called corporate while I was in their store. I'm going to ramble a little, so bear with me. And while the outcome may not have changed for him and his pair of shoes, maybe a manager or employees would have been fired and held accountable.

Again, this is a highly desired shoe, but in a few times I've met resistance from a store, I've called their corporate office and threaten to call the local news.

First and only time I had the bright idea of going to a Black Friday sale, I was at a Circuit City in Houston around 2004. Needless to say, they had some lame excuse about certain DVDs, video games, and CDs. After standing in line for 2 hrs and hearing they weren't honoring it, I flipped my f**king lid. Right before I stepped out of line, I said loudly if anyone had the number to locally news because they'd love this story. About a minute later a manager asked me to come to the back room with them and started making excuses such as it has the restrictions in the flyer and Best Buy wasn't honoring either. Well, after telling them I didn't care what BB was doing because I wasn't standing in their line and the manager's inability to locate these so-called "restrictions" their flyer, they sold me the 3 CDs, 3 DVDs and 2 video games for like $60-70.

Another time was at Abercrombie and the idiot didn't take the censor off. Anyway, I didn't like the jeans and tried to exchange the pair with the receipt and the manager wouldn't exchange them. So, not only was I pissed about the cashier's dumb a**, but the manager was an idiot, too. So, after a nice shouting match, I called corporate in front if her face and miraculously I was able to exchange the jeans and also get a gift certificate for my troubles.

The best one is when I had paint issues in a few areas on a brand Accord I bought way back '00. I'll save long details, but I called Honda corporate after not greeting very far with the dealer and a corporate rep they sent to look at my vehicle. I broke out my owners manual and called their number. Told the lady my issue and a week later got a call back. They replaced my car with a brand new '01 after I had my '00 for 9 months and put 18,000 miles on it.

Would this method get him his pair of MVPs? Not too sure. However, it's possibly local media may like the story when they find out what reseller's prices are and hopefully stories like these become national news(portably not likely lol) Remember when national media outlets ran all the stories about the Concords, Galaxies ect? While maybe remote, it may cause Nike to fire some people, force one of those pairs sold to an employee to return their pair, or conjure up a stowed away pair from their little vault at Nike. Wishful thinking, but you just never know.

Last edited:
:lol:

Wouldn't put my lunch on it. I agree that the shoe is a "conversation piece".. albeit maybe not a good conversation, and I probably would grab it if it sat and got discounted but there are literally 10 CWs that are better not to mention IDs that would smoke these. Heck, I just saw a pair of the blue diamonds @ my local DSG, and I like them much more- obviously a return. In any case, Can't see paying 2-3-4-5 pairs of good kicks for one of these- completely senseless IMO.

They're pretty f'ing ugly if you ask me. I like the historic significance of them more than they're appearance. Like you, there a lot more colorways I prefer.

Don't. I'm willing to pay resell but I'm not going to get extremely crazy. People have been squatting on their Jewels on eBay for $1300 and STILL can't get rid of them. I swear, some of these people think they actually MADE the shoe when they are trying to rape you with their prices lol. But ya, like myself and others have said previously, there is a lot of manipulation going on right now with the auctions. I've had multiple people come back to me after being extremely rude when I offered an extreme amount over retail, and try to negotiate.
squatting on their jewels? Maybe a better choice of words would have been appropriate lol

The way Nike does business now will eventually be the cause of Nike's fall. They can't continue to do this forever. Eventually customers will give Nike the same finger they've been giving us now with all the BS it takes and costs to get a pair of shoes from a player you admire. I'm in no way a Lebron fan, but I know many in here are and it's sad that many that want the shoe to celebrate his MVP award but can't because they only produced 500 of them. And on top of that there's a lot of shadiness going on with the people that do end up getting any of those 500 pairs. :smh:

If you tease a dog with a treat and continue to do it, but never give the dog the treat; that dog will eventually tell you to **** off. Crazy analogy, but that's the way I view it..

At this price you could get both Yeezy 2's at max price and a pair of Corks.

I love the MVP's but this is ridiculous 
laugh.gif

The way Nike does business now will eventually be the cause of Nike's fall. They can't continue to do this forever. Eventually customers will give Nike the same finger they've been giving us now with all the BS it takes and costs to get a pair of shoes from a player you admire. I'm in no way a Lebron fan, but I know many in here are and it's sad that many that want the shoe to celebrate his MVP award but can't because they only produced 500 of them. And on top of that there's a lot of shadiness going on with the people that do end up getting any of those 500 pairs. :smh:

If you tease a dog with a treat and continue to do it, but never give the dog the treat; that dog will eventually tell you to **** off. Crazy analogy, but that's the way I view it..

you would think so but they produce enough shoes which actually look really good and are easily obtainable to keep many of us as customers. while i dont even care about this lebron x mvp i feel for the guys who are diehard fans and want the shoe for a collectible or whatever. as an old school jordan fan ive been able to obtain the majority of his shoes in which hes performed his greatest feats or which celebrate his legacy. this has simply not been an option for most with these lbjs unfortunately. in the end tho a new hot shoe will surface nxt week and these will be for the most part forgotten. long story short..nike is brilliant as a whole and i do not see this bubble bursting anytime soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
We need someone thats knows some good Nike Corporate numbers. If I were that guy, I would have called corporate while I was in their store. I'm going to ramble a little, so bear with me. And while the outcome may not have changed for him and his pair of shoes, maybe a manager or employees would have been fired and held accountable.

Again, this isn't a highly desired shoe, but in a few times I've met resistance from a store, I've called their corporate office and threaten to call the local news.

First and only time I had the bright idea of going to a Black Friday sale, I was at a Circuit City in Houston around 2004. Needless to say, they had some lame excuse about certain DVDs, video games, and CDs. After standing in line for 2 hrs and hearing they weren't honoring it, I flipped my f**king lid. Right before I stepped out of line, I said loudly if anyone had the number to locally news because they'd love this story. About a minute later a manager asked me to come to the back room with them and started making excuses such as it has the restrictions in the flyer and Best Buy wasn't honoring either. Well, after telling them I didn't care what BB was doing because I wasn't standing in their line and the manager's inability to locate these so-called "restrictions" their flyer, they sold me the 3 CDs, 3 DVDs and 2 video games for like $60-70.

Another time was at Abercrombie and the idiot didn't take the censor off. Anyway, I didn't like the jeans and tried to exchange the pair with the receipt and the manager would exchange them. So, not only was I pissed about the cashier's dumb a**, but the manager was an idiot, too. So, after a nice shouting match, I called corporate in front if her face and miraculously I was able to exchange the jeans and also get a gift certificate for my troubles.

The best one is when I had paint issues in a few areas on a brand Accord I bought way back '00. I'll save long details, but I called Honda corporate after not greeting very far with the dealer and a corporate rep they sent to look at my vehicle. I broke out my owners manual and called their number. Told the lady my issue and a week later got a call back. They replaced my car with a brand new '01 after I had my '00 for 9 months and put $18,000 on it.

Would this method get him his pair of MVPs? Not too sure. However, it's possibly local media may like the story when they find out what reseller's prices are and hopefully stories like these become national news(portably not likely lol) Remember when national media outlets ran all the stories about the Concords, Galaxies ect? While maybe remote, it may cause Nike to fire some people, force one of those pairs sold to an employee to return their pair, or conjure up a stowed away pair from their little vault at Nike. Wishful thinking, but you just never know.
I know you rambled and warned us but for some reason I actually enjoyed reading this. I have no idea why. I agree if nothing comes of Monday's phone call id be dishing this story out to news outlets.

It would be intriguing to the mass public to see what sneaker releases have become. I know most people would be like "you have to win the chance to buy sneakers???" "I don't get it" etc etc.

Last edited:
With the way these limited releases get everyone heated, I wouldn't be surprised if it got to a point where someone would shoot up 21 Mercer or NTNY.
roll.gif

I know you rambled and warned us but for some reason I actually enjoyed reading this. I have no idea why. I agree if nothing comes of Monday's phone call id be dishing this story out to news outlets.

It would be intriguing to the mass public to see what sneaker releases have become. I know most people would be like "you have to win the chance to buy sneakers???" "I don't get it" etc etc.
if people "got it", buying kicks would be like hitting the lotto smh, not that it already isint

Again, this isn't a highly desired shoe, but in a few times I've met resistance from a store, I've called their corporate office and threaten to call the local news.

Another time was at Abercrombie and the idiot didn't take the censor off. Anyway, I didn't like the jeans and tried to exchange the pair with the receipt and the manager would exchange them. So, not only was I pissed about the cashier's dumb a**, but the manager was an idiot, too. So, after a nice shouting match, I called corporate in front if her face and miraculously I was able to exchange the jeans and also get a gift certificate for my troubles.

The best one is when I had paint issues in a few areas on a brand Accord I bought way back '00. I'll save long details, but I called Honda corporate after not greeting very far with the dealer and a corporate rep they sent to look at my vehicle. I broke out my owners manual and called their number. Told the lady my issue and a week later got a call back. They replaced my car with a brand new '01 after I had my '00 for 9 months and put $18,000 on it.

Sadly u know this will never work here in the H or anywhere else.  Remember the concord release??? They shut down Katy mills mall, called out Fox news to Northline where the infamous "GET MONEY BOYS" made their YouTube debut, and then had activist Q. X talking about MJ needs to make more shoes.  What was the solution from that?  Rigged Raffles and A BS twitter RSVP system that u get through only after all the pairs are scooped by management and employees and only if your lucky to beat a bot.  

With the upcoming EXT's which in my opinion are some of the best looking Lebrons it is going to be a circus just to get your hands on 1 pair.  Nike wants this, free marketing, for their product.  Actually, nike surely gets a couple hundred calls about their policies and it will always fall on deaf ears....remember the "limited" shoes are what everyone wants and most to resell... there are plenty of general releases still sitting on shelves outlet bound.  Look at the genius behind the MVP, let's make a shoe from the left over scraps of other shoes, make it limited watch shoeheads go crazy and resellers rejoice and repeat.  

In the end complaining only goes so far.....in this case the guy at the call center at nike corporate would love to hear your rants, less phone orders they have to take and work they have to do.  They will probaly be leaning  back in their office chair with their headset on playing angry birds on their smartphone... and after your done with your rant hang up and move to the next call.

LMAO...

A few of yall need to get real.

Nike doesn't really care when they sold every single pair produced and built the hype of the Lebron line before the drop of the next three EXT's.

And the local "news outlets" don't give a shot about who didn't get the pair they wanted in what is virtually a lottery.

Don't kid yourselves, this sneaker culture is a big deal to you but  to the people on the outside...it's a joke.

LMAO...

A few of yall need to get real.

Nike doesn't really care when they sold every single pair produced and built the hype of the Lebron line before the drop of the next three EXT's.

And the local "news outlets" don't give a shot about who didn't get the pair they wanted in what is virtually a lottery.

Don't kid yourselves, this sneaker culture is a big deal to you but  to the people on the outside...it's a joke.

It's a joke to sane people involved as well...LOL!

Agreed, very interesting read....

Why didnt the person tell his story to one of the sneaker news sites like Nice Kicks, get his story out there...its not like he doesnt have a case because he did get the rsvp...

Back
Top Bottom