Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

Here's my solution: (nike I want to be compensated for my consulting)

The week of a limited release nike corporate should call all it's niketowns at random times on randoms days across the US and on the call tell them to tweet that the limited shoe is NOW available for pre-order prepay purchase to the followers of that niketowns twitter.  It would be a true FCFS, limited to one per person, per household, per credit card to prevent john doe from bringing his whole family to get all the sizes. They will not tell management how many pairs will be received nor size run info. Employees and management would be prohibited from buying any of these pairs before customers.  

This call would give an 2-4 hour window for customers to come prepay(longer if they decide for general releases) and then be closed.  You would come in prepay pre order your shoes on a program loaded to nike's computer similar to nike.com which pulls only from the inventory of what that store has available. This program will be on a specific computer in every niketown for only limited releases. When a size is sold out that store is to tweet  sz xxx sold out.  Since employees won't get any info including size info they would find out the same time as the rest of the world.  After the 2-4 hour window remaining pairs (if any) would be sold to employees via the same computer system.(they could raffle off who gets to buy first etc)  After this any remaining pairs (if any) would be sold to the public on release day.   All consumers would be informed to contact nike corporate for any reason if they don't receive their prepaid order on release day at pick-up.  

Corporate will do these calls at random to every nikestore so there is no way to inform any other manager of another niketown when the call is coming.  To prevent management from holding sizes back or sabatouge, each customer will be encouraged to call a hotline number printed on their pre-order receipt if their size mysteriously disappears and they are refunded their money. No manifest will be sent beforehand for the limited shoes.  This would end the rsvp shadiness, bot RSVP wars, employee shadiness, people rsvp'ing from other states and sending their friends, selling out that back door, etc.  The inventory the store would received would truly go to those in the area.  I'm in houston, I have no niketown close to me except dallas, 4 hours away so I have no bias. Not trying to step on the toes of the RSVP service providers either, which were born with the twitter rsvp so they will die when this dies.
It's a good idea but people would start camping for that instead. I know you said make it random but how random could it be? People already know the release date and stores don't get there stock too early in advance

I actually wasn't in Houston during that time period. I'm military and this my second time being stationed in Houston -- so I'm back for another 2 years since I'm halfway through my current tour. I do partially agree with your complaining only go so far; however, I'm sure if someone like a 60 Minutes ran with a story like this and went to the Niketowns, HoH, and some boutiques people would lose their jobs and corporates would have to make a half a**ed attempt to answer. And while Nike may not give two s**ts. Ray ray that just lost his job for being a scumbag may. So yeah, overall, Nike and so long  as they're getting paid, that may be all that matters to them. But I think a majority goes unheard and the guy with his feet on his desk doesn't really care, some of the stories and complaints are actually listened to. If you think they're not, then why would they switch to using hashtags that are circled? That's not a rhetorical question, but one a need an honest answer for. You may have a better answer than what I can drum up at the moment.  Either way, I'd laugh my *** off if a manager was relieved of their store if it was found they were habitual offenders. I do believe that stores should allow their manager to have 1 pair for themselves for every release and maybe a few to raffle among the employees, just not every f'ing one. Now if  a certain release makes through an entire work day, by all means let the employees buy them up after they close shop. Btw, I'm in Clear Lake, how about you, Sir?

I agree the EXTs are some of the best, but my favorite, the Cork, has come and gone. So now I have the luxury of haggling with a reseller .... oh well!!  Hopefully I'm prepared well for the Mints, Hazles and Denims. We shall see!

Here's my solution: (nike I want to be compensated for my consulting)

The week of a limited release nike corporate should call all it's niketowns at random times on randoms days across the US and on the call tell them to tweet that the limited shoe is NOW available for pre-order prepay purchase to the followers of that niketowns twitter.  It would be a true FCFS, limited to one per person, per household, per credit card to prevent john doe from bringing his whole family to get all the sizes. They will not tell management how many pairs will be received nor size run info. Employees and management would be prohibited from buying any of these pairs before customers.  

This call would give an 2-4 hour window for customers to come prepay(longer if they decide for general releases) and then be closed.  You would come in prepay pre order your shoes on a program loaded to nike's computer similar to nike.com which pulls only from the inventory of what that store has available. This program will be on a specific computer in every niketown for only limited releases. When a size is sold out that store is to tweet  sz xxx sold out.  Since employees won't get any info including size info they would find out the same time as the rest of the world.  After the 2-4 hour window remaining pairs (if any) would be sold to employees via the same computer system.(they could raffle off who gets to buy first etc)  After this any remaining pairs (if any) would be sold to the public on release day.   All consumers would be informed to contact nike corporate for any reason if they don't receive their prepaid order on release day at pick-up.  

Corporate will do these calls at random to every nikestore so there is no way to inform any other manager of another niketown when the call is coming.  To prevent management from holding sizes back or sabatouge, each customer will be encouraged to call a hotline number printed on their pre-order receipt if their size mysteriously disappears and they are refunded their money. No manifest will be sent beforehand for the limited shoes.  This would end the rsvp shadiness, bot RSVP wars, employee shadiness, people rsvp'ing from other states and sending their friends, selling out that back door, etc.  The inventory the store would received would truly go to those in the area.  I'm in houston, I have no niketown close to me except dallas, 4 hours away so I have no bias. Not trying to step on the toes of the RSVP service providers either, which were born with the twitter rsvp so they will die when this dies.

nike dallas is too damn far to drive up there twice to reserve a pair & again to pick up and it sure is too damn far to possibly leave empty handed.

Gentry confirmed no red suedes

View media item 438250

Oh yeah I've seen it all. I've posted that they ain't happening in this thread before. If they don't win the championship, they definitely won't. Just some people close to Nike have said don't be surprised if we get a shot at a few pairs in the limited pack. But that's why I said its just a rumor anyway in my post.

And I agree Django, the pack is all part of a big IF :smile:

nike dallas is too damn far to drive up there twice to reserve a pair & again to pick up and it sure is too damn far to possibly leave empty handed.
And theres cities stranded way the hell out there without a NT anywhere around. They out of luck if you make them show up twice especially if its not even a guarantee and its random.

No, not that I know of....that's why I was asking earlier.  That was from the original press release on nikeinc.  I mean, if it's true ...1)There are still pairs to be released in a quantity unknown 2)Why can't they get one of those pairs and deliver it to the guy in NY that they screwed over?

We need a NT car pool. Rent a sh*tbox car that gets 40 mpg and pick up our RSVPs in Dallas. Haha

Last edited:
The only solution I would like to see is Nike stepping in and setting up their own price for a special order of a limited release.  A 1 or 2 hour window, click the link and order your LeBron X MVP for $500 (just picking a $ amount).  If you miss out on that, miss out on RSVP's, miss out on the Twitter Link etc....then it wasn't meant to be.  But there is no reason that Nike can't and SHOUDN'T get a piece of this reseller madness.  I know I'll get flamed for all of this, by resellers on here that don't want to admit that they are....but after bantering back and forth with people on ebay for the last 72 hours, I'm disgusted in the amount of ignorance I've dealt with.   I understand that some people believe that these resellers are necessary for Nike's success, but when they don't have accurate information and are creating their own manipulated value, it's hard for me to agree.  10 stores had these, I've seen about 20 pairs listed in a size 11....is there ANYONE out there besides me that wants to put these on their feet for daily wear? 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

We need a NT car pool. Rent a sh*tbox car that gets 40 mpg and pick up our RSVPs in Dallas. Haha

i drive a car with good mileage, but 35-45 minutes driving each way is annoying, only reason i ever go to nike dallas is for the limited drops that i have reserved. i'd be pissed if i ever left empty handed.

i drive a car with good mileage, but 35-45 minutes driving each way is annoying, only reason i ever go to nike dallas is for the limited drops that i have reserved. i'd be pissed if i ever left empty handed.
I'm sayin. Its not worth it when most the releases are online anyway. I'd only go if they had something real limited like the MVPs but they rarely get those limited ones anyway

I would be too! Unfortunately, the M3 I just sold and my Tundra aren't exactly fuel efficient. Tundra was getting like 13-14 mpg. So, it's cheaper for me to rent and drive long distances.

Edit that live eBay link post sneakerman23. Will get you banned/suspended. The pair in that auction are also fakes. So no, it's a terrible price for fakes. They only released with the Nike sports plus model. So the sole in the pics on the eBay auction are not right. They look sus anyway and no original box for a limited, collectors type release from 9 months ago? C'mon now. Anyway bottoms should look like this:

View media item 438503
Not like this:

View media item 438504
Among other things.

View media item 438455 The mgr of Dc NT IS COOL HER NAME IS MARTEEN.SHE WAS ON VACATION SO VLADAMIR SOLD A THIRD OF THE SLOTS.THE LAST 6 PAIR WENT TO SIX OF HIS FRIENDS FRM BK.******

I don't know whether you're being sarcastic or not. If you're not being sarcastic, do you think they're cool because they hooked you up? If I were you, I'd probably feel the same, but the other 99.99% would beg to differ unfortunately.

Edit that live eBay link post sneakerman23. Will get you banned/suspended. The pair in that auction are also fakes. So no, it's a terrible price for fakes. They only released with the Nike sports plus model. So the sole in the pics on the eBay auction are not right. They look sus anyway and no original box for a limited, collectors type release from 9 months ago? C'mon now. Anyway bottoms should look like this:

Not like this:

Among other things.
Repped, thanks for looking out for me.

No, not that I know of....that's why I was asking earlier.  That was from the original press release on nikeinc.  I mean, if it's true ...1)There are still pairs to be released in a quantity unknown 2)Why can't they get one of those pairs and deliver it to the guy in NY that they screwed over?
Because that would mean less pairs for the people in China. China has probably just as big as a consumer base as the US does. 

And yet you'll continue to faithfully buy their products.
You genuinely feel like a mistake on a shoe that sold anyways is worth somebody losing their job? In Nike's eyes the worst case scenario is some weirdo cult like consumer got his feelings hurt. Absolutely nothing will happen to an employee.

I thought "it ain't that serious" or "they just shoes"...LMAO!
not sure if srs. these shoes go for thousands of dollars and it's not like Nike doesn't know that.

NTNY managers know that the pickup window for rsvp on weekdays closes at 5pm and Saturday at 9:30am. 

I got the same call.  I had an RSVP that was given away.  We should not settle for less than what we are promised on the DM.   We should compile a list of all people that they screwed over.  Does anyone know how many people we are talking about?  It does not make sense when someone handling a release like this makes a decision to give away unclaimed pairs at 9:30 when so many people did not show up.   You would figure 90-100% of people would come.  When you see only about 50% came you should have checked the time sent in the DM before making such a huge error.  We should get what we are entitled to.  I await the call from the "Manager" tomorrow.

The saltiness is so unbecoming. It REALLY shouldn't be this serious to anybody where you're THAT upset about people on the inside getting these "limited" shoes. Move your a,ss on with life once your small chance has passed. That "need" to have the "hot" shoe of the moment is the EXACT reason y'all get played on releases and killed on the aftermarket. YOU are your own worst enemy. Getting this shoe doesn't include you into a Lebron celebration, it doesn't increase you life worth, and if you call yourself doing it for you and not to impress others than you are literally missing nothing other than self control. Getting these commerative pieces mean absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. Stop loving inanimate things and GET OVER IT!!!

P.S. Sincerely sorry for the Rant.

Repped, thanks for looking out for me.

No problem at all man. Just post pics and the sellers deacription they provide next time. It'll help you out too, because someone could start bidding against you when it is a good deal and mess it all up. The gold medal Lebron is a really clean and nice looking shoe, and all of the fakes I've seen out there haven't been able to capture that.

Back
Top Bottom