Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

Why did Nike not have a commercial for these or the ix's
Why spend a million plus when nicekicks, *************, youtube, and Niketalk give you all the free press you could ask for. Nike let's us the consumer feed off of blurry pics and leaked images.. NIke is the "perfect" machine. Also with social media it's so easy to spread anything in minutes. If Nike posted a pic of the Lebron 11 South Beach tonight on Twitter the whole world would see it by tomorrow afternoon. 

No. Wearing what the player wore was the objective of Nike's Air Jordan line. Nike's experiment with the Lebron line is more of a psychological war. They are trying to release their very own custom version collaboration of Stockholm Syndrome and Battered Wife Syndrome. Creating a subconscious yearning for colorways that are never released while marketing colorways to settle on with a "limited" tag in hopes they boost sells of general releases and ensuring they have retro colorways that automatically sell out in the future. It...seems...to...be...working.

Honestly, have you EVER seen a player with a signature line that had soooo many colorways that are never released to the public?

My man rawdawg34, the LeBron line has always been like this. It started in '03 with the 'First Games' that were NOT the shoes he wore for his first NBA game. It's become progressively worse over the years so much so that Nike is releasing joints that the man himself has not put his feet in.

Nike marketing is at all time high or low depending what perspective you look at it - seeing as they are just slapping on nicknames, using hype and (somewhat) limited availability to move LeBron product. As someone who's been following this Nike product line I've always urged people to pick and choose wisely what they buy and especially what price they buy the product at. You can fool people some of the time but you can't fool them all the time - eventually they will come to their senses.

i just think that its a new day. i'm with both of you guys and i will add that LBJ is a different player and person than MJ. LBJ, as famous as he is cares about being ultra exclusive byt wearing shoes he knows the average person cant get their hands on. while, on the other hand, MJ could care less about that. all MJ cares about is the bottom line...profit margin.

in addition to the idiots they have making the colorway decisions for this line at nike. all of those things together is a recipe for boring releases and excellent unreleased or limited sneakers. (for the most part) IMO

Last edited:
am i the only one who doesn't care for the crown jewels?
sick.gif
The CJ's are a clean color way that go well with jeans.  They're subtle but still pop with that fireberry/muted hot pink sole.  A great shoe for when you don't want your shoes to be too loud, but still want a unique color way.

Last edited:
am i the only one who doesn't care for the crown jewels? :x

I feel the same way as well. I mean they're nice and all but absolutely nothing to go crazy for IMO. I wouldn't pay a dollar over retail for them personally.

Last edited:
By now everybody knows how Team Bron Bron operates. All these limited shoes, unreleased shoes, PEs only, shoes only Lebron wears, shoes Lebron doesn't wear & plenty of released colorways....

But with all that, It kind of eases the pain of not getting a certain colorway. I want MVPs. I want Crown Jewels. But with so many total colorways dropping every year....I don't even get upset when I miss one anymore. It's just OH WELL for me.

Who the hell can get EVERY Lebron X? Just pick your spots. That's exactly how Team Bron Bron wants it.

Lebron's boys have a big influence on what colorways release. Remember the bad experience(s) Tinker Hatfield had with LeBron and Co when he was designing his shoe?

Last edited:
By now everybody knows how Team Bron Bron operates. All these limited shoes, unreleased shoes, PEs only, shoes only Lebron wears, shoes Lebron doesn't wear & plenty of released colorways....

But with all that, It kind of eases the pain of not getting a certain colorway. I want MVPs. I want Crown Jewels. But with so many total colorways dropping every year....I don't even get upset when I miss one anymore. It's just OH WELL for me.

Who the hell can get EVERY Lebron X? Just pick your spots. That's exactly how Team Bron Bron wants it.

this and so much more.

And all these unreleased CW's will probably release when the line retro's, Nike winning, just watch

Back
Top Bottom