Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

if you call the number on their ig it seems suspect IMO... and how do they have mints already? sketchy....

i called and spoke to "josh"
was going to place an order for 3 pairs of shoes (all lebrons) and asked about the copper foams as well. supposedly they have a few pairs on consignment and he is asking $280. he asks how im gonna pay, i ask if they take AMEX.. no... he then asks if i have paypal and asked hi to send me an invoice. i received an email and text but being logged into my paypal, there was no request. i then called paypal to verify it was a genuine request and they told me there has been no activity on my account in last 24 hours. i then forward the email to [email protected] and this is what i received back..

Hello xxxxxxxxxxx,
Thanks for forwarding that suspicious-looking email. You're right - it
was a phishing attempt, and we're working on stopping the fraud. By
reporting the problem, you've made a difference!
Identity thieves try to trick you into revealing your password or other
personal information through phishing emails and fake websites. To learn
more about online safety, click "Security Center" on any PayPal webpage.
Every email counts. When you forward suspicious-looking emails to
[email protected], you help keep yourself and others safe from identity
theft.
Your account security is very important to us, so we appreciate your
extra effort.
Thanks,
PayPal

Take it or leave it, i call BS. I even tried calling him back to clarify and have them send a real paypal invoice and i ended up in a voicemail box of some guys name, not josh or "Teaonca Haddock" who "requested" the paypal money from me.
i knew it seemed too good to be true.
if anyone else gets thru and has a legit transaction, good for you. but until i hear more then no go for me.
Sorry for the long response but i feel it was all necessary. do your homework folks!

Cant speak about them being legit or not. But people been having mints a while already. heck people already have the championship pack and we have yet to get a release date.

true.. but those are usually hookups they get through means of inside connects. This is a store front with full size runs already selling for retail. Add to that they are supposed to be a store front, but have no address to their store on their IG and when you call the number you get automated service with no message of business hours, no option to select for business hours, directions or address to the store etc... I chose speak with customer service option and got a message that said leave a message after the beep.

was going to place an order for 3 pairs of shoes (all lebrons) and asked about the copper foams as well. supposedly they have a few pairs on consignment and he is asking $280. he asks how im gonna pay, i ask if they take AMEX.. no... he then asks if i have paypal and asked hi to send me an invoice. i received an email and text but being logged into my paypal, there was no request. i then called paypal to verify it was a genuine request and they told me there has been no activity on my account in last 24 hours. i then forward the email to [email protected] and this is what i received back..

Hello xxxxxxxxxxx,
theft.
extra effort.
Thanks,
PayPal

Take it or leave it, i call BS. I even tried calling him back to clarify and have them send a real paypal invoice and i ended up in a voicemail box of some guys name, not josh or "Teaonca Haddock" who "requested" the paypal money from me.
if anyone else gets thru and has a legit transaction, good for you. but until i hear more then no go for me.
Sorry for the long response but i feel it was all necessary. do your homework folks!

good stuff. I was ready to try them out as well but just calling the number and putting 2 + 2 together ish didn't add up to me lol.

if you call the number on their ig it seems suspect IMO... and how do they have mints already? sketchy....

Hello xxxxxxxxxxx,
theft.
extra effort.
Thanks,
PayPal

good info, probly saved a couple dudes in here. those fake paypal emails can look real sometimes, i always check that i get the funds or activity in my account before moving anything, 

Good to know I was going to call there tomorrow to place an order, had a feeling something wasn't right I can't find any info on the store

i been doing this shoe thing and online purchasing for a LONG TIME. I know not to rely on the emails or texts they send you. I always verify the info through paypal directly and if im ever buying anything from somebody or somewhere i dont know i pay on my AMEX because of the buyer protection they offer for their members.

my mom once told me "if it seems too good to be true, it usually is" and i've always used that as a strong reference. be safe with your financial info! glad i could contribute.

Thanks skep, can't believe I was dumb enough to actually even consider calling them tomorrow. I feel so stupid right now. I do know that if the Paypal stuff didn't add up I would back out though.

Questions when phone ordering from a legit store, how does it work? Just so I know for the future, I've only done online stuff like Paypal eBay FTL eastbay NDC etc

Wonder how much mercer 21 is going to release these along with the db 3s straight chaos

do your research, make sure theyre a legit store. the only time ive ever done on over the phone transaction with a store was 21 mercer a few years back for some forces.
and again... always pay with a card you feel secure with or thru paypal. if it seems fishy, chances are its fishy

thats another thing. the name of this company didnt come up at all, and they spelled 'exclusive' wrong on top of everything else.

and they spelled 'exclusive' wrong on top of everything else.
google translate mustve been acting up that day 
roll.gif

I'm still seeing these on Friday 7/19 View media item 494995 whats up with that they can't handle 2 limited drops on one day...that's pure chaos and "technical difficulty" can someone clarify this for mints?

Last edited:
I'm still seeing these on Friday 7/19 whats up with that they can't handle 2 limited drops on one day...that's pure chaos and "technical difficulty" can someone clarify this for mints?
Go to @nikestore and @nikesportswear on twitter.

What u guys think of this on ig?@heatedexculusivekickz
Be really careful here guys. Just got off the phone with them about to order black suedes and dude seemed real shady. Asked him for the address to one of their 3 stores and Google Maps is a freaking house in Seattle. Then he tried to add tax even though I live in Md. Deaaaad Giveaway.

usually when you call a shoe store someone either answers, there's a busy tone, or no answer. Not an automated answering service that tells you to leave a message after the beep. The way they spelled exclusive also raised my spidey senses lol.

Instagram is a breeding ground for scams. A guy tried trading my area 72 lebrons which I really want so I'm like send me tagged pics, he sends me pics of a pair I saw on eBay because I remember the marble table they sat on. he says its his auction but I contact the seller on eBay asking if that's him on IG trying to trade with me he's like nope. One of them is lying so I just ignored the guys attempts after that. Scary out there, so many scammers

Instagram is a breeding ground for scams. A guy tried trading my area 72 lebrons which I really want so I'm like send me tagged pics, he sends me pics of a pair I saw on eBay because I remember the marble table they sat on. he says its his auction but I contact the seller on eBay asking if that's him on IG trying to trade with me he's like nope. One of them is lying so I just ignored the guys attempts after that. Scary out there, so many scammers

def have to research and protect yourself these days the shoe game is grimey lol

Back
Top Bottom