OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

With KP done, I’m in favor of not playing Pat until we absolutely need him in this series, if it comes to that.

Just need to come out and match the Mavs’ energy and effort on Sunday and we should be good even with out PatBev.

Yeah agreed. There's no reason to play Pat Bev. If the Clippers stop ****ing around, this series will be over Sunday.

people just mad that they don't have him on their team. didn't pay attention much to pat bev till he joined the clips and realized how much of an impact he makes on the team. that energy he brings elevates the team to a whole different level

honestly would prefer for him to just sit out game 6 since our guys have been able to to do well with out him so far and if everyone's playing the same way they were the last game, should be zero problem closing out the series

btw didnt even know this thread existed here on NT but glad to see some discussion on the clips!

Welcome, Fam.

Most definitely...

Pat bev is the one they all point their finger at. He's the one you love to hate and hate on. But his intensity is infectious and he's that gnat buzzing in your ear all game.

Sometimes he can get a little too wound up. But when his emotions are in check and he can stay healthy and on the dang court...He's my guy.

Zu - everyone just rides that mlga wave on him. Since the trade, they built this narrative that he's a scrub, but in actuality that's not the case. And you guys have pointed that out...and the numbers don't support the "scrub" narrative. He has all start potential in a few years imo. He has good touch at the line shooting ft. 74% currentlyand as high as 86% in the past. I would love to see him develop a 15-17 ft jumpshot. Then he'd really be an asset. Imo

when i saw that video of him shooting 3s the past off season i thought for sure we’d get to see him pull up more from the mid and occasionally beyond the arc but that has yet to happen. prob not comfortable out there yet but hoping he continues to work on it and develop his game. his potential is crazy and drives me nuts to see doc not playing him more minutes. part of me though feels like if we go the distance in the WCF/finals, that’s when we’ll start to see doc insert Zu in more as if he’s still hiding something up his sleeve that he doesn’t want the other teams to pick up on yet

witness as he creeps to a low speed

zupac (2).png

tough one but I’m gonna say no. Gives us nice depth at the guard position tho.
I agree...but if shams goes back to the bench goes 0-3 in 12 mins and gets no floppy action, down screens etc ran for him...I mean. ???

Maybe start him, play him 8 min or so, then let bev take over that roles minutes?

Last edited:
Effort. We play hard the whole time and don’t have any stretches when we’re just going through the motions like we did last Sunday, we should be in good shape.

Luka is shooting just 22% from 3 in the 3 losses for the Mavs. He's just a 31% shooter from deep on the year.

Why we haven't gone under his ball screens and dared him to shoot is beyond me. We're giving his jumper a little too much respect.Can always adjust if he's having one of those nights.

Don't care for the efficiency with PG, just need him to be aggressive, downhill, diversifying his attack. He can make plays from all 3 levels, needs to be that guy today.

4 down 12 to go
let’s hope mook keeps his antics in check and is more composed through the rest of the run. he was playing real well today before getting tossed

also doc needs to stop with this lou/reggie/trezz lineup. blew that lead haha

also impressed with how sham has stepped up past couple games. here’s to hoping that play continues as he moves back into the second unit with pat returning hopefully soon

on to the next one

who do you guys prefer to face next?

i think denver might be better as utah seem to have the clips’ number the past few years

on to the next one

who do you guys prefer to face next?

i think denver might be better as utah seem to have the clips’ number the past few years

I *Think* utah just because they have no one on the wings to guard Kawhi / PG and the Clips have enough wing size to hopefully deter Mitchell. Also like Rudy / Zu more than Jokic / Zu and Grant has done a good job this year on Kawhi.

Yeah, I like the match-up with the Jazz better, I think. Will be like facing a watered-down version of the Mavs offense, but that’s better than them defensively.

Back
Top Bottom