OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

PG really has to get stabbed in the throat to get a call. But that’s not why we’re losing.

pg is close to gettin a tech too

they need movement, not just the ball because we know they can move it around the 3pt and then shoot

didnt think mook being gones gon hurt em this bad but him being able to post and then kick out but without him and kawhi its pretty much shoot 3s, 1on1 or shoot 3s, at least run a pick n roll once in a while or something

more than 3min left, down 16 and ty wavin the white flag?

keep in there and let em soak in their own embarrassment

idk how y’all watched that much of the game last night, was unbearable midway through the 2nd quarter for me. we just keep chucking up 3s like that’s the only place we’re allowed to shoot

I was out last night and woke up at 5:30 am so I decided to watch the game. I wish I would have looked at the score to save myself the trouble. 79 and 92 points when the rest of the league is averaging 110+ is nasty :rofl:

Reggie is playing like the bum version of Reggie. Luke is the only player besides PG that can shoot. Nobody besides PG can get into the paint and finish. Teams are packing the paint on us and daring us to shoot cuz they know we can’t.

We gotta find a contender to trade Morris to if he ever gets healthy. Wouldn’t mind trading Zubac too. We need a big that can shoot. I’m guessing Kawhi is looking at this start and is just gonna go ahead and chalk this season up :lol:

Yeah, things are pretty ugly right now.

Everyone who has played meaningful minutes this season other than PG and Hartenstein this season has been mildly to hugely disappointing. Reggie just doesn’t have it right now and Bledsoe is getting worse by the game.

Starting to feel like we’re going to have to make a trade this season otherwise we’re just gonna end up gift wrapping a lottery pick to OKC.

whats up with the $8m trade exception?

package that with bledsoe but i dont even see whats erics value is at this point, cant shoot, cant drive, cant distribute, cant defend… dude is practically the duff kennard needed for me to like luke

mann feels like he hasnt improved offensively, he needs to stand still for 3-4 seconds and calibrate before he can make a 3 and still hesitates way too much

and maybe reggie needs new glasses or stop mismatching damn shoes, your not allowed to have that ugly style of it matches your game

unfortunately i dont know if they can even trade morris as he is bff with pg plus he is serviceable when healthy

ty needs to figure something out quick because these are ugly games theyve been playing

I’d like to see a line-up change next game, but since we have two full days off before a home game against OKC, I could see Ty giving the Bledsoe/Reggie backcourt one last shot to get going.

I’m not a Bledsoe guy, so I’d really like to see him moved to the bench. (Or really off the team :lol:)

the backcourt has been awful to start the year but Reggie’s sample size as a shooter suggest that we should give him more than 5 games to figure it out. Plus he’s much bigger than Bled as well.

This is basically straw that broke the camel’s back to start the year. A roster can only handle so much. No Kawhi, no Serge, no marcus, awful play from Terance Reggie and Bled, those things together make winning a challenge.

I’ve said for years that Bledsoe is not a starting PG in the NBA, but I had some hope he could un-wash himself a little in a bench role here. Did not like it at all when I heard he’d be starting. Experiment failed. Time for Ty to try something else.

okc better be a win

whens the rockets gon buy out john wall?

Wall is owed A LOT of money on his contract, so
I think the Rockets are still hoping to trade him. A team like us getting off to a ****ty start is probably the kind of thing they were hoping for, but we don’t have the kind of assets a rebuilding team would want.

Would love to see Kennard start over Bledsoe next game. Let bledsoe do his bull**** with the second unit. At least then he’s not taking shots away from better players like does with the starters. Amir Coffey is not an NBA player. Let the younger guys play.

whats crazy is the league is suppose to be littered with point guards but for some reason the clips cant get a legit good point guard for some reason

Would love to see Kennard start over Bledsoe next game. Let bledsoe do his bull**** with the second unit. At least then he’s not taking shots away from better players like does with the starters. Amir Coffey is not an NBA player. Let the younger guys play.

Luke is food on defense, but him and Reggie can be much, if any, worse than Bled and Reggie have been on defense and they almost certainly will be better offensively. But then who scores on the second unit?

And, yeah, I thought part of the rationale for moving on from Doc was having a coach more willing to play rookies. So surprised Ty hasn’t given Boston more burn.

Reggie won’t continue to shoot 29% from 3.

Batum won’t shoot 21% from 3 for the year

Marcus and Serge returning should help.

3.5 back of the 1 seed with 77 left to play. We’ll be fine and pick up some wins in the next week

Luke is food on defense, but him and Reggie can be much, if any, worse than Bled and Reggie have been on defense and they almost certainly will be better offensively. But then who scores on the second unit?

And, yeah, I thought part of the rationale for moving on from Doc was having a coach more willing to play rookies. So surprised Ty hasn’t given Boston more burn.

Ehh, I’m a huge Boston guy. Caught him at Sierra Canyon a few times. But I can’t blame Ty for not throwing Brandon out there this early. I definitely think though, if they’re stinking for another week he’ll get thrown out there.

also think that Amir played what, 400 NBA minutes for us last year? Helped us win a game or two. That brings enough equity to have him soak up the end of the rotation minutes for us (for now)

IMO

If we had our pick I would be down for more patience. But if we go 2-10, season’s pretty much over. We gotta be at least 5-7 ish. I don’t expect Surgery to be back until December or January. Morris could be another 5 games or so. I like Coffey, hoop with him over the summer a lot, but he is what he is in the NBA IMO. I could be wrong of course.

3.5 back of the 1 seed with 77 left to play. We’ll be fine and pick up some wins in the next week

okc and rockets are in the same place and theyre tanking on purpose :lol:

not saying theyre gon be as bad by end of the season but it shouldnt look this bad to begin with either especially with practically the same roster playing together

and if minny and sac are for real (i dont think they are, i think minny had a good run to start the season last year too) then this team is screwed this year

okc and rockets are in the same place and theyre tanking on purpose :lol:

not saying theyre gon be as bad by end of the season but it shouldnt look this bad to begin with either especially with practically the same roster playing together

and if minny and sac are for real (i dont think they are, i think minny had a good run to start the season last year too) then this team is screwed this year

Is it really the same roster playing together? Are we sure about that?

No Serge no marcus no Kawhi

in comes Bled, Hartenstein, there was some Winslow sprinkled in there, this isn’t practically the same team IMO

and yes the thunder and rockets are in the same position But that only reiterates my point of it being too early to deduct a meaningful takeaway from the first 5 games.

They lost two coin flip games to start the year, we feel different if those flip our way.

Def not saying to ignore what we’re seeing right now, but RJ‘s shooting 29% from 3, Nico’s at 21%, bled’s at like 19%, etc. just them making more shots will help a lot. 5 game cold streaks happen all the time. We’ll learn more within the next week or two.

Just saw a stat - we’re the 2nd worst at boxing out :lol: 6.6 boxouts a game

Is it really the same roster playing together? Are we sure about that?

No Serge no marcus no Kawhi

in comes Bled, Hartenstein, there was some Winslow sprinkled in there, this isn’t practically the same team IMO

and yes the thunder and rockets are in the same position But that only reiterates my point of it being too early to deduct a meaningful takeaway from the first 5 games.

They lost two coin flip games to start the year, we feel different if those flip our way.

Def not saying to ignore what we’re seeing right now, but RJ‘s shooting 29% from 3, Nico’s at 21%, bled’s at like 19%, etc. just them making more shots will help a lot. 5 game cold streaks happen all the time. We’ll learn more within the next week or two.

Don’t disagree with any of this, but even assuming guys get closer to shooting their normal percentages, I still don’t like that our offense outside is PG getting his own is basically 3 or nothing.

practically the same, close enough

serge felt like he was out 3/4th of the season, i dont even remember how he looks like in a clippers jersey :lol:

marcus been in and out of the line-ups too, not just from i jury but starting line up and moving to the bench

kawhis the main factor but for the most partbut its close to the same roster from the second half of their playoff run

patbev makes a big difference too and been saying i prefer him over bledsoe but he also wasnt fully healthy last year

really feels like this teams playing individually out there when there should still be some continuation with one or two new players in the line-up if your players and coaching are good

we also got to stop doing the “its a coin flip” or “we couldve won that” bs anymore, we keep making up excuses for these dudes and im guilty of it myself but at some point they just got to be held accountable

who cares if they cut the 20pt lead to 5, they still lost, no participation trophy's are awarded

no more “these guys never played together” bs either, is that gon be the banner they wave in the new arena?

theyre just bad, really bad

they always say the next man up but more like the next man up is just gon shoot more 3s

Back
Top Bottom