OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

not where we want to be right now.
players will get comfortable & as long we make the playoffs who knows what can happen.

tight standings so far & will continue to be like that rest of the same
Agreed brother.

But this isn't the type of team that can be mediocre and then turn it up to be great for the playoffs.

If they end up being great in the playoffs it will be a product of a 50+ win season with a few decent length winning streaks.

Imo

This team seems a long long way from that. They can't even figure out what direction they want to go in.

The changes that need to be made are purely political and egotistical, which is frustrating. This player doesn't want to come off the bench, neither does that player. This player has this in his contract, the other player has that. etc etc.

I really feel like Westbrook needs to be traded. I give him credit for being able to somewhat adjust.

But bottom line is, he falls asleep on defense, turns the ball over like a mad man, doesn't box out and his inability to be respectful shooting the ball makes other players play in a log jam. Harden won't rebound or defend either, but at least he can create and shoot.

You can't have Westbrook and harden on a team let alone on court at the same time and expect championship results.

IMHO

Last edited:
i feel like a coaching change is needed

udoka and nurse were right there taking offers

i mean look at the sixers right now and the rockets having a 6 game winning streak and being 4th in the west

the egos are definitely tough to deal with but i feel like those two wont take crap from anyone especially udoka, he might have even said no thanks to harden if he was the coach before the season started

even the comeback they tried to rally through yesterday, it was just mostly iso and ty is relying that individual talent can get them points but it doesnt really work when your stars arent in their prime anymore and everyone else youre going against are younger and stronger and faster so you got to rely on schemes and plays

but even when harden has the ball in his hands, he is dribbling and no one is moving, theyre expecting him to just go iso and score, no movement at all

again why cant this team just do pnr like 50 times a game?

^^^ Yeah, I feel like there are big system problems both offensively and defensively that are only going to remain even after guys get used to playing with each other and rotations get more solidified.

Doc was right man. What's gonna change?

However, right now, who's gonna come in that's better?

You just gotta hope that lue can work his magic.

He's a great coach.

But, it's a shame that knowledgeable fans of the clippers like everybody in this thread knew iso ball wouldn't work. But somehow the so called experts don't?

Make it make sense

monty williams is the only one i know thats is still available and i dont think he’ll take crap from anyone?

clips probably has little bit of disdain with his run with the suns though but i dont know, he is probably better than ty at this point?

monty williams is the only one i know thats is still available and i dont think he’ll take crap from anyone?

clips probably has little bit of disdain with his run with the suns though but i dont know, he is probably better than ty at this point?
Available?

Thing is, Zu woulda got cooked too. And we wouldn’t have been able to score on the other end.

Also, most teams run iso or pick n roll offense at the end of games. Especially if you have a superstar wing. I don’t think there’s a coach in the league that does anything else.

Firing Lue would be a mistake. I could understand not renewing his deal, but firing him now isn’t gonna help this team

^^^ Yeah, with this group of players, they organization isn’t going to take a chance on replacing Ty with someone who doesn’t have a proven NBA track-record and all the “name” people with a notable resume who potentially don’t already have a coaching job are mostly old/washed, like the VanGundy bros, etc.

Ty it is.

Screenshot_20231117_080147_X.jpg

Do y’all think Russ really requested it or is this spin? If he requested it, I still think he did it selfishly, to prove a point :lol:

Either way, I hope it happens

I believe he did request it. Being on the 2nd unit gives him more of an opportunity to play how he likes and have the ball more. It makes sense for him and the team.

i believe it, dude did take a big paycut to stay (though im not sure how much offers he got) but he also probably just wants to stay in LA and willing to come off the bench in case they consider trading him

if harden pump fakes on a wide open catch and shoot 3 again, i am gonna rip my own face off and throw it in the trash.

he's done it twice already, and we are only 4min in

Last edited:
there it is, raining 3s from the opponents

sengun has 6 3s in the season, two of those from tonight

i just dont know what it is that instill confidence when it comes to 3s when facing this team

Back
Top Bottom