OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

Yeesh. I didn't realize that PG's scoring numbers these last playoffs were even worse than his bubble performance.

On another note, reports are that we're out of the running for Klay.

I didn’t realize the fanbase was gonna hate this dude this much for leaving :lol:

feel like the fanbase is bitter about giving up a ton to have him paired with kawhi and it not leading to a chip as many wanted

team still stayed competitive and we did make team history making it to WCF for first time ever

good for PG to get the bag and hoping fans don't boo him when he comes thru intuit, but thanking the front office for staying firm on not giving him the 4 year max

I'm actually more surprised at the portion of the fanbase that's freaking out and thinks we're doomed because he left. :lol:

i dont get it either

outside of okc, den, dal and min, clips still gon' be an easy 5th in the west, hell maybe even 4th if luka starts off the season fat again or already hobbled because of the olympics

harden
kawhi
mann
djj
zubac

norm
coffey
bones
kai
porter

still need some depth and health is the #1 thing but they got a few more moves me thinks, definitely needs another big though

but that is probably more than enough to stay out of the play-in me thinks

i dont get it either

outside of okc, den, dal and min, clips still gon' be an easy 5th in the west, hell maybe even 4th if luka starts off the season fat again or already hobbled because of the olympics

harden
kawhi
mann
djj
zubac

norm
coffey
bones
kai
porter

still need some depth and health is the #1 thing but they got a few more moves me thinks, definitely needs another big though

but that is probably more than enough to stay out of the play-in me thinks
And I’m thinking long-term too. If they don’t win or come close to a title in the next two seasons, I think it’s a distinct possibility they go into blow-it-up/rebuild mode - which would have been true whether PG stayed or not. So it didn’t make sense to give him a four year guaranteed contract.

We need a spot up shooter badly. Hopefully Kobe takes a step this season.

I don’t think we’re as bad as people are making it seem but I also don’t think we’re an easy 5th though. We barely Got the 4th seed this season. I could see us being in the play in. Kawhi isn’t guaranteed to be healthy.

i just dont see anyone in the bottom being better

as it stands, suns and kings are the same, pels and dubs got worse, rockets are the same, memphis might jump a bit but probably not by much and im not sure lakers got better

and honestly, harden being ingrained in the team for the season helps with the second a lot and they got a few more moves, we'll have to see but i think the team is safe from a play-in

but also me in 4 months; "this teams lucky if they make the play-in" :lol:

i just dont see anyone in the bottom being better

as it stands, suns and kings are the same, pels and dubs got worse, rockets are the same, memphis might jump a bit but probably not by much and im not sure lakers got better

and honestly, harden being ingrained in the team for the season helps with the second a lot and they got a few more moves, we'll have to see but i think the team is safe from a play-in

but also me in 4 months; "this teams lucky if they make the play-in" :lol:

If we’re being objectivel we also got worse.

I know we (myself included) don’t think losing PH is a huge deal but he was our 2nd best player. If this happened to any other team we’d be saying they got worse.

Let’s assume denver and OKC are locks to be better than us.

Then we have Minny who SHOULD be better than us.

That already leaves us as the 4 seed being our best case scenario. And let’s use our record last year as our record this upcoming season. i know we can be better, but let’s be objective. We lost our 2’d best player. We had 51 wins.

Teams that I think could have 51+ eins and it wiuldn’t surprise me.

Mavs
Suns
Pelicans
Kings

But I’m like bizarro you. I could be in here in5 months saying this is the best clipper team of all time :lol:

Batum really came back!?????? LetMs gooooo

i think denver got worse, losing brown then kcp is gon have a huge impact next season, they look more beatable with the current roster, wouldnt be surprised if denver falls in standing

probably not enough to overtake them by the clips but if they get russ, it might be... :lol:

P's podcast buddy isn't helping his case with Clippers fans.

I'm not going to be surprised at all if PG finds a way to avoid playing at Intuit next season.

If we’re being objectivel we also got worse.

I know we (myself included) don’t think losing PH is a huge deal but he was our 2nd best player. If this happened to any other team we’d be saying they got worse.

Let’s assume denver and OKC are locks to be better than us.

Then we have Minny who SHOULD be better than us.

That already leaves us as the 4 seed being our best case scenario. And let’s use our record last year as our record this upcoming season. i know we can be better, but let’s be objective. We lost our 2’d best player. We had 51 wins.

Teams that I think could have 51+ eins and it wiuldn’t surprise me.

Mavs
Suns
Pelicans
Kings

But I’m like bizarro you. I could be in here in5 months saying this is the best clipper team of all time :lol:

Batum really came back!?????? LetMs gooooo
Not to mention Grizz should be in the mix with Ja coming back as well. I wouldn't be surprised that our Clipps will most likely be fighting to stay out of the play in at 6 but most likely will float around 7-8.

Reactions: HIM
You just can't give 34-35 year old players not named Jordan or LeBron monstrous 4-5 year, team crippling contracts anymore. Especially when you've got nothing in return to show for it.

Not a fan of the harden deal either.

lawdog1 lawdog1 and others, me included, knew this was coming when a PG deal didn't come soon after kawhi got his deal.

I also knew that PG would stink and borderline sulk because of it.

We are approaching a new day in the NBA where this 2nd apron is gonna force teams to not do these bad deals, for players that are approaching the end. Especially if you haven't got anything out of it.

Imo

I don’t mind the harden deal at 2 years. Looks like they’re lining up all these deals to go up to Kawhi’s Last year and then we’ll be free to do whatever we want
Ehhhh, I hear you.

My biggest issue is

It only took 3/50m to get klay.

2/70m for harden?

I'm biased. Harden just has too many basketball bad habits for my taste.

Reactions: HIM
^^^ I think Harden’s salary number is fair market value, based on all the contracts handed out this post-season so far. He’s definitely got his flaws, but he makes offenses go and, unlike our other stars, is actually fairly durable.

Back
Top Bottom