OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

We've been through darker times. I'm ready for a post Blake/CP3 era :lol:

Yeah. With Ballmer in charge now, I don't ever expect us to go through multiple decades of 20 win seasons. We'll be all right. #ClipperNation.

In a weird, weird way...I'm kind of looking forward to it :lol:

I don't think its weird at all. Doc said himself that teams can get "stale" and I think we're getting close to that point with the current group. I think a lot of us feel that they are what they have been - a pretty good team that only has a very, very outside shot of winning a title. More than likely, this season is going to go like the past 4. 50 + regular season wins, and a second round playoff exit. WCF is probably a best-case scenario.

I'm ok with seeing that movie one more time, but will be ready for a new look after that. So, I'm all in on this group for one more run, but am also looking forward to the major changes I think are inevitable after the 16-17 season is over.

Very well said. We have a tiny shot at winninng it all and we have 0% chance of getting significantly better.

To me, the only variable/x-factor that could significantly impact our fortunes (besides major injuries) is Blake. If he could play on a full-time basis like he did against the Spurs in the 2014 playoffs, we potentially could be a real contender. But after what he pulled last year, I just can't give him the benefit of the doubt and expect that level of play consistently.

optimistic clippers fan checking in here.

okc is done
the spurs are too old, aldridge is too soft.
gsw is gonna be a scoring handfull...but weak on the boards and will take a step back defensively

LAC can def win the west with everyone healthy and firing on all cylinders...especially if blake and DJ show some improvement in weak area(s) in the off season

its asking alot, but its possible

^^^ Yeah, I'm not much of a Speights fan. But when I see that we're reaching out to guys like Drew Gooden, maybe I can learn to tolerate Speights.

Edit * Welp. We're all going to have to learn to like him. Done deal.

Los Angeles Clippers ‏@clippersbuzztap · 10m10 minutes ago

espn​.com >> Speights agrees to multiyear deal with Clippers http://buzztap.com/-0VsX1s

The fact that he's taking the league minimum to play for us says something given the current market. So, that earns him a point in his favor from me.

Last edited:
We got nipplehead? Oh, brother.

Did GSW not offer him the minimum? I would have stayed there if I were him. Minutes would have still been there imo.

I've hated dude since Memphis and I've never seen this man pass the ball but hopefully he plays well.

So what's it looking like right now?

PG CP3, Austin
SG JJ, Jamal, Wilcox
SF Luc, Wes, Dawson
PF Blake, Mo/Brice,
C DJ, Mo/Brice, Stone

Am I missin anyone?

I'm actually not too mad at this squad right now. As usual, we could use a more dynamic SF but what else is new.

Last edited:
So what's it looking like right now?

PG CP3, Austin
SG JJ, Jamal, Wilcox
SF Luc, Wes, Dawson
PF Blake, Mo/Brice,
C DJ, Mo/Brice, Stone

Am I missin anyone?

I'm actually not too mad at this squad right now. As usual, we could use a more dynamic SF but what else is new.

That's everyone I'm aware of. I would guess we'll sign a 3rd PG. But besides that, I think we're pretty much set.

Oh, and I don't think Pierce has said he's retiring yet. So, he could be back too - unfortunately.

not a fan of chocolate chip head (speights) either...for obvious reasons. but MO buckets can fill it up and he's tough. you choose him over drew gooden any day of the week.

liking speights off the bench, good scorer, especially for the minimum,

anyone who has watched the bench has seen how lethargic scoring can be when jamal/austin are cold. Mo shooting 43% reg season and 39% playoff is exactly what the clips need off the bench.

not a fan of chocolate chip head (speights) either...for obvious reasons. but MO buckets can fill it up and he's tough. you choose him over drew gooden any day of the week.
Chocolate Chip head lol

Nah but The Mo Speights signing is fantastic. He isn't w/o faults, and he can't guard unless he's guarding immobile 4's and 5's, and he's sometimes uselss if his 3 isn't falling,

But he's beyond great value for the Vet's minimum. Out of all the bigs on the FA market, Mo Speights couldn't have been further from my mind. It was thought that he wouldn't be available for anywhere near the vet's minimum, especially in this climate. Great pickup, and the much maligned Doc Rivers has done better than what ppl give him credit for as a GM. Turning Jordan Farmar to Austin Rivers, Grabbing steals in Luc and Cole, and if this Mo Speights deal works out, then this could go right along with that. 

I just hope he doesn't become Antwaun Jamison, Byron Mullens, or Spencer Hawes when they were with us 
sick.gif

Last edited:
Oh, and I don't think Pierce has said he's retiring yet. So, he could be back too - unfortunately.

A Clippers beat writer just tweeted that a "source close to PP" says he intends to play next year. Nothing official yet though.

^^^ Yeah, since its not like we can fill his roster spot with someone great anyway, I'm not going to be mad if PP comes back. I don't think Doc is scared to not play him anymore, so I think it'll end up being a non-issue.

Also, once I heard on the podcast that JJ did with Crawford that Pierce shed tears when we lost to Portland, it kind of chilled my animosity for him. And, after last year, I'll have zero expectations for him, so anything positive he provides will seem like a bonus. :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom