OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

Blake apparently has a sore knee and is a game time decision for tomorrow. Not supposed to be anything serious though.

Confirmation bias. The Clips don't complain more than any other team honestly. The warriors never commit a foul if you let them tell it.

In any event, Blake is questionable for Saturday with a sore right knee

^^^ Draymond is as big a whiner as anyone in the league. He easily could have been given a tech in the game the other night. And he does stuff like that all the time.

not to mention all the kicks he has been doing which should have a tech or flagrant call

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Damn, man. If the Rockets win tonight, they're going to have the same record as us. Definitely didn't see that coming two weeks ago.

Would you trade Blake for Melo?

No. Just swapping Blake for Melo doesn't make us better or create a more favorable match-up with GSW or even the Spurs. At this point in their careers, the only thing Melo does better than Blake is perimeter scoring and not by a wide margin. He's probably more "clutch" than Blake too, but that by itself is not a reason to trade for him. Factoring all that in, along with the fact Melo is much older, that just wouldn't be a smart trade for us, IMO.

Last edited:
Blake is a scratch for tonight

Austin Rivers will start at the 3 tonight in place of Blake. Luc will open at the 4.

Yeah, the effort and attention to detail would also have to translate into us shooting a high percentage, out-rebounding them and keeping the turnovers to a minimum. PLUS, we'd need at least two of their starters to have off shooting nights. So, yes, it's possible to beat them, just not all that likely.

late pass DOG

but i agree with your statement....

i do think that we can beat them even if they all have typical shooting nights as long as nobody go crazy even for brief periods in time. (like a 20pt quarter)

focus, stop the easy buckets, fast break opportunitties and absolutely pound them to submission on the glass.

make them earn every bucket

and dont turn the ball over

and we could not only beat them once, but win a 7 game series.

the clips have to show gsw and themselves that they have what it takes first.

there was almost no attention to detail in the last game. it was almost like they did everything emphasized (limiting curry and durant) and forgot the basics

and...they have to find ways to get redick going. or sit him...which wont be good for spacing

it just really scares me that they had so much time (2.5 days) to prepare for a game AT HOME vs. a team that when you got your schedule, you circled this game and anticipated this date.

and there is just so many holes in the game planning of how to beat gsw...its almost like doc has different thoughts of how it will get done than everyone else that really knows basketball

OAN

CP3

20/20 no TOs

better than any of westbrooks triple doubles IMO

Last edited:
Trading Blake is off the table for me

Not because I'm so infatuated with Blake or anything, it's just that there isn't a deal out there that makes LAC better.

for some reason the CLIPPERS has the Championship caliber team,,they always collapse in the Playoffs,either 1st round defeat or injuries to their superstars,Doc Rivers needs to find a way to preserve CP3

What I wouldn't give for Austin to be consistently aggressive and playing with confidence like this. He's a completely different player when he's playing with confidence. Probably our best player at playing downhill and getting to the rim whenever he wants.

He's just so damn infuriating sometimes man :lol:

It was around this time last season where he turned the corner and was at 11ppg a game on over 40% on his 3's. Hopefully the same thing is occurring with Austin this year

Over his last 10 games Austin is at 10ppg on over 53% from 3. He was literally awful shooting the ball to start the season. was like 7/34 at one point from 3 lol variance is crazy with him

Last edited:
Trading Blake is off the table for me

Not because I'm so infatuated with Blake or anything, it's just that there isn't a deal out there that makes LAC better.

This. Although I like all of our players, I wouldn't consider any of them "untouchable" from a trade standpoint, but the trade of any of them would have to make sense from a basketball standpoint. Right now I just don't see any trade out there that another team would realistically make that would make the Clippers better. I feel pretty confident that, barring a major injury, this is the team we'll see finish the season.

Blake probable for tonight [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]

Random, but thought this was a solid read

This has been an ongoing discussion with the Clips for years. Everyone always says that the Clips need a 3. My issue has been that everyone seems to talk about lac's need for a 3 but doesn't suggest a real method for acquiring a sufficient 3.

Fact of the matter is, Teams who are contending for a championship are always going to have depth and talent issues to a degree, because they're almost always going to be top heavy. You aren't going to be deep when you're paying Shaq, Kobe, Wade, Lebron, CP Blake and DJ, etc big bucks. The key has always been to be able to consistently buy low on guys and have them outperform their deals and this is what made and makes teams like The Spurs and to a degree gsw with curry so good.

But to answer the question, IMO he is enough to compete for a championship. He's proven his worth to this team and we have a now 90 game sample size to show for it. Team is worse by almost all metrics when he isn't on the floor. If one says the Clips need to upgrade the 3, then that's fine, but with who? And does that put LAC over gsw? The answer is a resounding no IMO

Seems like a great idea. Trade Blake for a lesser player who's also 5 years older.
would you agree that Melo is a better scorer and low post player than Blake?
The current, declining version of Melo who'll be 33 in the spring? I don't think so. If he was still playing like 2013 Melo, that would be one thing, but that Melo looks to be long gone. I think whatever gap exists in their scoring ability is marginal at this point. And Blake is certainly a better passer, rebounder, and defender.

Luc is good enough defensively to be a starter on a contending team, but the fact we don't have a wing player who can create his own scoring opportunities -- who isn't Crawford -- is a problem. Teams can contain CP in the playoffs with bigger defenders and Blake can't be counted on to get clutch buckets.

Back
Top Bottom